Jon

Default what glue to use on worktop by my cooker?

Hi,

The bottom of the worktop by my cooker is peeling slightly - what looks
like a sheet of brown greaseproof paper is peeling off the bottom of
the chipboard of the worktop. I'd just want to glue this back into
place, but the slight complication is that I need a glue that lasts OK
if it gets warm (it won't get hot as it's not *too* close to the
cooker, but it will get slightly warm cause of the cooker and also
cause my coffee-maker's on the worktop). Most superglue says not to
put in containers that will be filled with hot water - would this deal
with being warmed OK. Or what glue would people suggest?

Cheers,

Jon

Owain

Jon wrote:
The bottom of the worktop by my cooker is peeling slightly -
... Most superglue says not to
put in containers that will be filled with hot water -

I think that's probably because people used it to mend teapots with and
then got a lapful of hot tea if the mend fails, regardless of whether it
was the glue's fault or not.

It sounds as though there is very little stress on the under-worktop
mend and it wouldn't cause anyone any harm if it didn't stick. Ordinary
clear glue (UHU etc) will probably do as well as anything, and be less
risk of you permanently attaching yourself to the cabinetry if it's
awkward to see what you're doing.

Owain

Jon

Cheers,

Jon

James Salisbury

"Jon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

The bottom of the worktop by my cooker is peeling slightly - what looks
like a sheet of brown greaseproof paper is peeling off the bottom of
the chipboard of the worktop. I'd just want to glue this back into
place, but the slight complication is that I need a glue that lasts OK
if it gets warm (it won't get hot as it's not *too* close to the
cooker, but it will get slightly warm cause of the cooker and also
cause my coffee-maker's on the worktop). Most superglue says not to
put in containers that will be filled with hot water - would this deal
with being warmed OK. Or what glue would people suggest?

Cheers,

Jon

Try removeing the "brown paper" and replace with selfashesive foil tape?

Jon

Thanks for the suggestion James, but think might be lazy and go for
gluing - the underside of the worktop is out of sight and doesn't get
much wear, but I couldn't remove all the brown paper without unscrewing
the worktop and so forth...so glue seems the easier option

Jon

Jon

Thanks for the suggestions - glued it back into place in the end, and
all seems fine

Jon