Val

Default IKEA Behandla Wood Treatment Oil

Hi

We are assembling IKEA kitchen units and the instructions say to sand
lightly the solid birch worktops and treat them with Behandla Wood
Treatment Oil.

Needless to say we didn't pick any of this up and IKEA is more than 100
miles away ...

Can anyone suggest the closest UK alternative to Behandla Wood Treatment
Oil ?

Thanks in advance, Val
--
news
Andy Dingley

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:33:24 +0100, Val
wrote:

Can anyone suggest the closest UK alternative to Behandla Wood Treatment
Oil ?

Liberon's "Finishing oil" - a pre-mixed blend of tung oil, driers and
white spirit. You can find it easily at most likely shops, or by
mail-order from http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=22547

It's toxic when wet (the white spirit), food and toy safe when dry.

Danish oil, teak oil, linseed oil and pure tung oil (unthinned) aren't
the right stuff.

There are similar products from Chestnut and probably Rustins or
Bolloms too. My experience with Ecowood/Organoil has been
disappointing in humid or high-wear areas though.

r.p.mcmurphy

"Val" wrote in message
Hi

We are assembling IKEA kitchen units and the instructions say to sand
lightly the solid birch worktops and treat them with Behandla Wood
Treatment Oil.

Needless to say we didn't pick any of this up and IKEA is more than 100
miles away ...

Can anyone suggest the closest UK alternative to Behandla Wood Treatment
Oil ?

Thanks in advance, Val
--
news