Paul \( Skiing8 \)

Default Installing new door, making good

I am in the process of putting a new door into the garage, in the hallway I
have framed the door to be on the same plane as the dot and dab plaster
board so that side is going to look good when finished. On the other side it
is in the garage so doesn't need to look perfect but the problem I am having
is that the door frame is set back about 2 inches from the level of the
blockwork. Also there is a gap between rough opening and the frame that
needs filling.

My initial thoughts are to extend the frame out so that it is level with
wood and then plasterboard.

Anyone have any other ideas? or any links to websites with ideas?

Cheers
Paul

[news]

Paul ( Skiing8 ) wrote:
I am in the process of putting a new door into the garage, in the hallway I
have framed the door to be on the same plane as the dot and dab plaster
board so that side is going to look good when finished. On the other side it
is in the garage so doesn't need to look perfect but the problem I am having
is that the door frame is set back about 2 inches from the level of the
blockwork.

pad out with timber - then architrave or bring the frame level with the blockwork
on the house side of the wall and make good on the garage side.

Also there is a gap between rough opening and the frame that
needs filling.

builders foam. best invention after multipack 1mm to 10mm plastic window frame
spacers. without those two 'tools' this house I'm bashing would look well skew-iff

RT

Alex

A new door and frame will require building regs for fire control,and the use
of building foam will also need to be firetardent.