Tim

Default Survey on laminate flooring options (15 seconds!)

Good day everyone!

I'm doing a survey on laminate flooring. Please vote, it should take
no more than 15 seconds. Let me know if I'm missing any thing.
http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

Cheerfully,
Tim
Andy Hall

On 23 Jul 2004 11:01:38 -0700, (Tim) wrote:

Good day everyone!

I'm doing a survey on laminate flooring. Please vote, it should take
no more than 15 seconds. Let me know if I'm missing any thing.
http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

Cheerfully,
Tim

How do I vote if I would never entertain having this cheap plastic
crap anywhere near my property?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Terry

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On 23 Jul 2004 11:01:38 -0700, (Tim) wrote:

Good day everyone!

I'm doing a survey on laminate flooring. Please vote, it should take
no more than 15 seconds. Let me know if I'm missing any thing.
http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

Cheerfully,
Tim

How do I vote if I would never entertain having this cheap plastic
crap anywhere near my property?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Ignoring the 'purists'! We don't have any laminate flooring, yet. But it's
use does appear to be an option for some situations.
So please could the original poster (Tim) publish their findings when the
survey is over.
Thank you. Terry.

jb

(Tim) wrote in message om...
Good day everyone!

I'm doing a survey on laminate flooring. Please vote, it should take
no more than 15 seconds. Let me know if I'm missing any thing.
http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

Cheerfully,
Tim

Tim,
Won't posting on uk-diy somewhat distort your results? (Unless you're
surveying for screwfix maybe?). What's the research for?
jb.
Tim

At the moment it is just for fun. About a month ago, all I knew about
was Costco's Harmonics laminate. Now I see that there are dozens of
brands, maybe a dozen major brands. So, I'm trying to learn a little
bit more and hopefully provide a little community for this sort of
thing.

Terry, if you aren't voting, you can get live results by clicking on
"View Results" underneath Submit Vote. I should probably have been
more sophisticated and asked for users' location, price paid, etc.
So far about 400 people have seen the poll
(http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com/viewtopic.php?t=3), though only
about 78 voted. (Maybe people went back to see if the results
changed.) Here's what I have so far. As you can see, Pergo and
Quick-Step really dominate. If you tack on Harmonics onto Quick-Step
(it is really rebranded lower-end Quick-Step), it is the winner. I'm
not sure how the other ones are related yet, though I learned today
that Dupont resells a brand made by Faus, Inc.
(http://www.fausinc.com/) which is based in Spain, and which I've
never heard from. They hold 4 patents:
http://patents.oncloud8.com/?pns=US6...8061;US6691480.

Alloc Flooring
1% [ 1 ]
Armstrong Laminate Flooring
4% [ 3 ]
Balterio Laminate Flooring
0% [ 0 ]
BHK Laminate Flooring
2% [ 2 ]
Columbia Flooring
0% [ 0 ]
Harmonics Laminate Flooring (Costco)
4% [ 3 ]
Loc Floor
8% [ 6 ]
Mannington Floors
4% [ 3 ]
Meyer Laminate Flooring
0% [ 0 ]
Minfloor Laminate Flooring
0% [ 0 ]
Pergo Flooring
10% [ 8 ]
Quick Step Laminate Flooring
9% [ 7 ]
Shaw Laminate Flooring
4% [ 3 ]
ShawMark Laminate
0% [ 0 ]
Sovereign Laminate
0% [ 0 ]
TrafficMaster Laminate Flooring (Home Depot)
0% [ 0 ]
Tundra Laminate Flooring (IKEA)
4% [ 3 ]
Westhollow Laminate Flooring
0% [ 0 ]
Wilsonart Flooring
2% [ 2 ]
Witex Laminate Flooring
4% [ 3 ]
Other (which one?)
13% [ 10 ]
I'm not sure yet
5% [ 4 ]
I don't know if I even want laminate flooring
20% [ 15 ]