Default Cutting Corolux

The Corolux web site just says helpfully "use a fine toothed saw at a
shallow angle", not a lot of help that really.

How should one cut corrugated Corolux? I'd really prefer a way of
doing it with a power saw but am happy enough to use a hand saw if
necessary.

--
Chris Green
mrcheerful

wrote in message ...
The Corolux web site just says helpfully "use a fine toothed saw at a
shallow angle", not a lot of help that really.

How should one cut corrugated Corolux? I'd really prefer a way of
doing it with a power saw but am happy enough to use a hand saw if
necessary.

--
Chris Green

I used two bits of wood either side of the sheet to clamp it and keep the
sheet still and the cut straight. I used a tenon saw to actually cut with.

mrcheerful

mrcheerful . wrote:

wrote in message ...
The Corolux web site just says helpfully "use a fine toothed saw at a
shallow angle", not a lot of help that really.

How should one cut corrugated Corolux? I'd really prefer a way of
doing it with a power saw but am happy enough to use a hand saw if
necessary.

--
Chris Green

I used two bits of wood either side of the sheet to clamp it and keep the
sheet still and the cut straight. I used a tenon saw to actually cut with.

This was corrugated Corolux was it? (maybe all Corolux is corrugated)
I suppose the tenon saw has to be used "at a shallow angle" of its
nature because the stiffening bit along the back (which I'm sure has a
special name) won't go into the slot you're cutting.

If a tenon saw is "a fine toothed saw" by Corolux standards (I was
thinking hacksaw sort of fineness) then I see no problems, I'll try
your way and see how I go.

Thanks.

--
Chris Green

welding, cutting jim Metalworking 5 January 31st 04 02:31 AM
why greek "pi" exists in cutting speed calculation? natarajan ayyavu Metalworking 12 November 30th 03 03:08 PM
Cutting Internal Threads 101 John Albers Metalworking 6 September 26th 03 03:17 AM
Basics on Depth of Cuts Chris S Metalworking 10 September 2nd 03 03:15 AM