liz

Default Is There a Minimum Bedroom Size ??

Is there an official minimum size a room must be before it can be
described as a bedroom?

Is there a minimum size according to building regulations?

liz wrote:
Is there an official minimum size a room must be before it can be
described as a bedroom?

Is there a minimum size according to building regulations?

google 'capsule hotel'

NT

RedOnRed

As to if anybody would buy sich a house, thats a different questions -
best ask Ms Beeny.

Rick

Our last house had tiny bed rooms, just big enough to get beds in and yes,
it was a bugger to sell.

The main bed room was so small and tight, I remember opening the curtains
one morning and burning me nob on the radiator (ouch, that woke me up!)
Don't worry, no lasting effects and you can thank me later for sharing that
with you.

So if you don't want to replicate my little incident...think nice sized
comfortable bedrooms.

doozer

RedOnRed wrote:
As to if anybody would buy sich a house, thats a different questions -
best ask Ms Beeny.

Rick

Our last house had tiny bed rooms, just big enough to get beds in and yes,
it was a bugger to sell.

The main bed room was so small and tight, I remember opening the curtains
one morning and burning me nob on the radiator (ouch, that woke me up!)
Don't worry, no lasting effects and you can thank me later for sharing that
with you.

So if you don't want to replicate my little incident...think nice sized
comfortable bedrooms.

When we were looking for our first place we were shown round a flat
where the bedroom was so small the bed touched three walls. I have no
idea how they got it in there - I assume it must have been built in. The
walk way down the one free side was only about 18 inches as well. The
biggest joke though was the "hall" it had the bathroom, living room,
bedroom and front door opening _into_ it. This resulting the bizarre
situation where only one person could change rooms at a time. It was
like some strange logic puzzle. I swear half the time spent looking
round that place was just trying to get from room to room.

Chris Bacon

liz wrote:
Is there an official minimum size a room must be before it can be
described as a bedroom?

Is there a minimum size according to building regulations?

Dunno. A couple of months ago I rang an estate agent to complain about
their describing a room as a bedroom, when it couldn't take a standard
sized single bed. He was a bit miffed, and said that of course it was
possible to get a bed in there. Would've been a small one, & a tight
fit, too (ooh-err!).
Jon

I think there is a minimum size if you rent the house as a house in
multiple occupation (a tiny room I had in a rented house would have
been too small to be classed as a bedroom if the house had been rented
as a house in multiple occupation); not sure about in terms of selling,
though...

Jon

The Natural Philosopher

liz wrote:

Is there an official minimum size a room must be before it can be
described as a bedroom?

Is there a minimum size according to building regulations?

No.

Marcus Fox

"liz" wrote in message
m...
Is there an official minimum size a room must be before it can be
described as a bedroom?

Is there a minimum size according to building regulations?

I once had a bedroom that was 5'11" by 16'. I could touch two of the walls
opposite each other if I stretched my arms out. Very annoying that I had to
always have the bed lengthways. But last year I was helping some Polish
friends find a flat, and there was one bedroom in one of the houses where
one of them lay on the floor, stretched out their hands and feet and touched
the four corners. I'm sure the agent was certain that they weren't going to
rent it when he saw that.

Marcus