tom patton

Default Sarna roofing membrane query

Hi all-----again.
I am in the process of building an extension-it has a pyramid roof 6mx6m
with a 2 foot [ooops betraying my imperial age again]parapet around.
The architect has specified SARNA roofing membrane for the parapet flat
section.
Can I light up my roofing torch and get stuck in or is it welded.
I am not in the slightest interested in 25 year guarantees as we all know
roofing companies here today--gone next week.
I put on the last bitumen flat roof its still watertight 10 years later.
Fibreglass appeals but are my options limited to the submitted planned
Sarna--building control queried its application.

Andy Wade

tom patton wrote:

The architect has specified SARNA roofing membrane for the parapet flat
section.
Can I light up my roofing torch and get stuck in or is it welded.

Sarnafil is a very high quality single-ply PVC membrane, usually
installed by a manufacturer's approved contractor. Put your propane
torch away! - the stuff is indeed welded using a hot-air gun.

http://www.sarnafil.co.uk/

--
Andy