Default Valley Trough?

Hi,
I'm re-roofing my house and also constructing an extension. My problem
is that the existing roof pitch in 17.5 degrees and the extension pitch
is 35 degrees. I'm worried that the difference in pitches will force
water into the existing roof via the shallower pitch unless the lead
valley is very well constructed? I came across 'Valley Troughs' this
morning and they look to be more suitable for what I need. Problem is
my (old) builder hasn't heard of them before.. Are they what I should
be using?
Rgds Gunther