Tim Mitchell

Default door intercom system for 2 doors

I'm trying to find a door intercom system for use in a building with 2
access doors. The intercom has to go to 3 different rooms. (In other
words, I want it to have 3 handsets, each with 2 door release buttons
on; the door intercom to have 3 call buttons on)

I am struggling to find such a system, does anyone know if one exists?

(I know I can do it using an interface to the phone system, but looking
for an alternative stand alone system)
--
Tim Mitchell
Owain

Tim Mitchell wrote:
I'm trying to find a door intercom system for use in a building with 2
access doors. The intercom has to go to 3 different rooms. (In other
words, I want it to have 3 handsets, each with 2 door release buttons
on; the door intercom to have 3 call buttons on)
I am struggling to find such a system, does anyone know if one exists?

Most door entry systems do it with one door release button on the
handset and a 'door switching relay' so the release button on the door
only operates the door that is being talked to. The other door is locked
out of the system for the duration of the call (sometimes with an 'in
use' lamp). Some systems might provide different call-tones for front
and back doors.

www.safelink.co.uk sell all the main manufacturers of entry phones. BPT
(stocked by safelink) definately do multi-door systems, which will also
provide internal intercom between handsets if that is wanted.

Owain

New Front Door(s) Bruce Home Repair 4 December 10th 03 01:37 AM
Help! Restain Luan Doors? James Harvey Woodworking 0 September 23rd 03 01:37 AM
Kitchen cabents using Mills Pride boxes and custom made doors / drawer fronts David Jensen Woodworking 9 August 6th 03 05:15 AM
Bowl Saving: A Comprehensive Discussion Ray Sandusky Woodturning 8 August 3rd 03 05:05 PM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 10:55 AM