Jim

Default French Doors and Water Ingress

We just had some sliding patio doors replaced with French Doors, but have
noticed that after heavy rainfull there is quite a lot of water sitting at
the bottom of the frames. To aid with my description I've put a picture here
www.jimmileman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk which may help to make things clearer.

Some water is obviously expecxted as there is a drain channel. However the
area highlighted pink also fills with water and although there are gaps
through to the drain gulley the water just tend to sit there. No water gets
through the secondary seal to the inside of the house.

Is this normal with twin French doors? The amount of water getting through
is quite surprising and I'm not sure if there will be any damaging effects
if it sits there permanently. Should I get the installers back ?

Thankd for your input

Jim

Mary Fisher

"Jim" wrote in message
k...
We just had some sliding patio doors replaced with French Doors, but have
noticed that after heavy rainfull there is quite a lot of water sitting at
the bottom of the frames. To aid with my description I've put a picture
here www.jimmileman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk which may help to make things
clearer.

?I wouldn't have been able to help but wanted to see the picture.

It didn't come up ... I don't know if that's a prob at my end or yours or in
between but thought you might like to know.

Mary

david hodgkinson

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Jim" wrote in message
k...
We just had some sliding patio doors replaced with French Doors, but

have
noticed that after heavy rainfull there is quite a lot of water sitting

at
the bottom of the frames. To aid with my description I've put a picture
here www.jimmileman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk which may help to make things
clearer.

?I wouldn't have been able to help but wanted to see the picture.

It didn't come up ... I don't know if that's a prob at my end or yours or

in
between but thought you might like to know.

Mary

Try this instead ..

I think either there is a blockage in the outlet, or the lower part is not
level/falling to the outer side.

Mary Fisher

"david hodgkinson" wrote in message

?I wouldn't have been able to help but wanted to see the picture.

It didn't come up ... I don't know if that's a prob at my end or yours or

in
between but thought you might like to know.

Mary

Try this instead ..

er - try what instead???

I think either there is a blockage in the outlet, or the lower part is not
level/falling to the outer side.

I'm going to bed, have to be up at 4 am to take next doors to the airport.

I'll look tomorrow though.

Mary

Sparks

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"david hodgkinson" wrote in
message news:YOX3e.4575

?I wouldn't have been able to help but wanted to see the picture.

It didn't come up ... I don't know if that's a prob at my end or yours
or

in
between but thought you might like to know.

Mary

Try this instead ..

er - try what instead???

Try this!
http://jimmileman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/frame1.JPG

Mary Fisher

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"david hodgkinson" wrote in
message news:YOX3e.4575

?I wouldn't have been able to help but wanted to see the picture.

It didn't come up ... I don't know if that's a prob at my end or yours
or
in
between but thought you might like to know.

Mary

Try this instead ..

er - try what instead???

Try this!
http://jimmileman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/frame1.JPG

Right! It worked, thanks.

I've forgotten what the original problem was.I'm off to the greenhouse! Hope
you get good advice :-)

Mary