dave

Default gates

can anyone recommend a supplier of steel (flat bar and rod) so as I can make
my own gates.

dave

Harry Bloomfield

dave wrote :
can anyone recommend a supplier of steel (flat bar and rod) so as I can make
my own gates.

dave

You didn't say where you are, however I would think that steel prices
would be fairly similar providing you go to any local steel stock
holder. We thought it worthwhile to have our gates galvanised prior to
painting them.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Mary Fisher

"dave" wrote in message
can anyone recommend a supplier of steel (flat bar and rod) so as I can
make my own gates.

dave

If you're experienced in working with steel I'd have thought you'd know of
local suppliers. If you're not I suggest you think twice about making them
yourself.

Mary

dave

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"dave" wrote in message
can anyone recommend a supplier of steel (flat bar and rod) so as I can
make my own gates.

dave

If you're experienced in working with steel I'd have thought you'd know of
local suppliers. If you're not I suggest you think twice about making them
yourself.

Mary

it's some time since I worked with steel, but I used to repair my own
vehicles including welding. I have recently made and welded extended
brackets for my fencing but this was from stock I had from years ago. As I
will be requiring quite a bit of material I wondered if there was a stockist
which people use who deliver. I live in the N.E. of england. I would also
like "fleur de lise" or similar forged bits to incorperate to keep the wife
happy, she sees these things but wants something different from anything she
has seen.

dave

Bob Minchin

dave wrote in message ...
can anyone recommend a supplier of steel (flat bar and rod) so as I can

make
my own gates.

dave

Your local metalsupermarket will have some but you will get better prices
at a steel stockholder - check in Yellow pages. Most will deal with the
public on a cash or credit card basis.

Bob