Simon Barr

Default Good souce for gel-cell lead acid batteries?

In article , Alan wrote:
I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can anyone
recommend a supplier?

Many thanks,

Alan.

I find CPC are usually cheapest for these, you can get Yuasa ones cheaper than
others sell no-name ones for.

www.cpc.co.uk

--
simon at sbarr dot demon dot co dot uk
Simon Barr.

Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:51:33 GMT, Alan wrote:

I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can
anyone recommend a supplier?

I've used Bristol Batteries in the past, good price, quick delivery.

http://www.bristolbatteries.com/

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Ian Stirling

Simon Barr wrote:
In article , Alan wrote:
I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can anyone
recommend a supplier?

Many thanks,

Alan.

I find CPC are usually cheapest for these, you can get Yuasa ones cheaper than
others sell no-name ones for.

www.cpc.co.uk

Screwfix have them for 14 quid, CPC around 11.
Which is cheaper may depend on if you've got other stuff to ordfer from
either.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Alan wrote:
I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can
anyone recommend a supplier?

Rapid do Yuasa at 12.20 for one, 10.65 10+. Or a no brand type 7.2 Ah at
11.90/10.05. Plus VAT, of course.

http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk

--
*42.7% of statistics are made up. Sorry, that should read 47.2% *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Bob Eager

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:51:33 UTC, "Alan"
wrote:

I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can anyone
recommend a supplier?

Ask (or google for UPS) in uk.adverts.computer. There's a guy there
sells them AFAIR.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
logized

"Alan" wrote in message
I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can anyone
recommend a supplier?

Many thanks,

Alan.

I have never used this company, so cannot recommend them -

http://www.distel.co.uk/Asps/details1.asp?ID=UD94

Dave

Andrew Mawson

"logized" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can

anyone
recommend a supplier?

Many thanks,

Alan.

I have never used this company, so cannot recommend them -

http://www.distel.co.uk/Asps/details1.asp?ID=UD94

Dave

Distel is Display Electronics - run by Dave Fisher an ex DEC engineer. Been
in business for many years to my knowledge (25 plus). Certainly it used all
to be surplus kit so things like batteries you must be careful how old they
are but I don't think they are about to disapear over the horizon with your
bag of gold.

Andrew Mawson

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andrew Mawson wrote:
Distel is Display Electronics - run by Dave Fisher an ex DEC engineer.

Wonder if that's the same Dave Fisher who once was a lecturer at the BBC
training department, Evesham?

--
*Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
The Natural Philosopher

Alan wrote:

I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can anyone
recommend a supplier?

You may find these at a model shop, where they are used to power
electric starters on model planes.

Many thanks,

Alan.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can
anyone recommend a supplier?

You may find these at a model shop, where they are used to power
electric starters on model planes.

Crikey. Unless things have changed, saying it's for a model doubles the
price...

--
*Even a blind pig stumbles across an acorn now and again *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
The Natural Philosopher

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can
anyone recommend a supplier?

You may find these at a model shop, where they are used to power
electric starters on model planes.

Crikey. Unless things have changed, saying it's for a model doubles the
price...

You never mentioned price....;-)

tony sayer

In article , Andrew Mawson
writes

"logized" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can

anyone
recommend a supplier?

Many thanks,

Alan.

I have never used this company, so cannot recommend them -

http://www.distel.co.uk/Asps/details1.asp?ID=UD94

Dave

Distel is Display Electronics - run by Dave Fisher an ex DEC engineer. Been
in business for many years to my knowledge (25 plus). Certainly it used all
to be surplus kit so things like batteries you must be careful how old they
are but I don't think they are about to disapear over the horizon with your
bag of gold.

Andrew Mawson

There're OK, been around ages, bought some 19" racks of them.

BTW if you want sealed lead acids batteries like the Yuasa range WF
electrical do them at reasonable prices.....
--
Tony Sayer

Pete C

wrote:

I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can anyone
recommend a supplier?

Many thanks,

Alan.

Hi:

Try:

http://www.bullnet.co.uk/shops/test/batterie.htm

8.80 + VAT & delivery

cheers,
Pete.

raden

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
Alan wrote:

I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can anyone
recommend a supplier?

You may find these at a model shop, where they are used to power
electric starters on model planes.

Yeah - at model shop prices !
--
geoff

Lead-Loc and Gas pipes tom w UK diy 29 June 17th 04 12:10 AM
NICD vs NIMH batteries [email protected] UK diy 12 January 28th 04 02:09 PM