Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fiberglass Insulation Skin Irritation?

On Friday, August 18, 2000 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Garrett Terlaak wrote:
I posted a while back on how to most effectively and affordably cool my new
house. The consensus was a wholehouse fan or ventilator. After discovering
that most of my neighbors use these I went for it, and did the installation
last night. Thanks to all who posted feedback. Now the real problem...

Stupidly I wore a short sleeve shirt and the fiberglass insulation caused
some skin irritation on my arms. Any remedies for this?

Thanks again.

--
Garrett Terlaak
O'Connor Construction Management, Inc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2013-10-13, micky wrote:

Before I learned to wear a long-sleeve shirt.........

Either pay someone else to do it or buy a full disposable clean room
(bunny) suit. Only $10-15 ea online. Way cheaper ($2-$5 ea) if you buy a couple
dozen.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote:

....snip...

If you are in construction management, shouldn't you know this stuff!

The key word is "management".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2013-10-13, micky wrote:

Before I learned to wear a long-sleeve shirt.........

Either pay someone else to do it or buy a full disposable clean room
(bunny) suit. Only $10-15 ea online. Way cheaper ($2-$5 ea) if you buy a couple
dozen.

I always do such work in the Winter, then do it with minimal outer
clothing (just long pants and shirt, maybe two). After, do the cold
shower thing. No problems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/14/2013 4:59 PM, micky wrote:
On 13 Oct 2013 18:41:26 GMT, notbob wrote:

I'm super sensitive to fiberglass anything. I once quit a job cuz
they said I hadda sand some fiberglass. "Nuh-uh, I no longer work
here. Toodles." Bunny suits also handy for other chores, like

A friend had a bunny suit, but his neighbor Elmer almost shot him.

That neighbor sounds really fudd up.

I also quit a fiberglass job. Came home, my clothes
made me itch. I tried all kinds of wash, and ended
up throw away the clothes.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Duct tape worked, but my arms aren't very hairy