Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sharpening in Indy?

Hi -

Any recommendations for saw, jointer, planer blade sharpening in the
Indy area?

Thanks in advance,

Les
Posted to rec.woodworking

"LesT" wrote in message
Hi -

Any recommendations for saw, jointer, planer blade sharpening in the
Indy area?

Thanks in advance,

Les

You may find it easier to send them to Ridge Carbide or Forrest. Some of my
blades have come back better than news. They do all brands, not just the
ones they make.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 8, 8:29*pm, LesT wrote:
Hi -

Any recommendations for saw, jointer, planer blade sharpening in the
Indy area?

Thanks in advance,

Les

Try yellow pages, classified, etc.

Also, try local lumber yards (not big box). Star Lumber, in Wichita,
used a lady from McPherson KS that did excellent work at a reasonable
price. You dropped them off at the service desk and picked them up
about a week later. She was a full-service sharpener who did blade
repairs, cleaning, scissors, etc. I cannot imagine Star made much
money - just a customer service.

But my advice, from experience, is do not give anyone a pile of
sharpening until you let them do one or two items. Some of them can
mess up perfectly good blades.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 3/13/2011 9:27 AM, RonB wrote:

Also, try local lumber yards (not big box). Star Lumber, in Wichita,
used a lady from McPherson KS that did excellent work at a reasonable
price....

You say "used/did", Ron, instead of "uses/does"...does that mean quit?

Could possibly be somewhat handier here instead of the guy in Tulsa been
sending stuff to as do get to Wichita on occasion...was just in there
last week quickly when went up to the Region 6 juco tourney finals in
Koch...(unfortunately we came in second )

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

No. Just means we moved a few years ago and don't use her anymore. I
suspect she still does it, but it has been three years.

We found a guy in SE Kansas who does an excellent job and he was
advertised in local newspaper services ad. Turns out he is related.

Might also add Hardware Stores. A local (SE Kansas) ACE provides
several services via outside service providers.

RonB