Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Need a bit of help

I just finished hanging some cabinets in my laundry room, however have a
small problem. When I finshed hanging the cabinets on the one wall, at the
top I have a gap of 5/8" and at the bottom it is about 15/16". Everything
is level and snug. Any ideas on how to cover that gap on the one wall?
Only thing that I can come up with is cutting some wood and tapering it to
fit, staining it and securing it in place and try and make it as seemless as
possible. I don't want to take all of them down rework so that they are
perfectly centered and then cover up the gap on each side, to worried about
ripping my wall up.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"D/A Fischer" wrote in message
I just finished hanging some cabinets in my laundry room, however have a
small problem. When I finshed hanging the cabinets on the one wall, at the
top I have a gap of 5/8" and at the bottom it is about 15/16". Everything
is level and snug. Any ideas on how to cover that gap on the one wall?
Only thing that I can come up with is cutting some wood and tapering it to
fit, staining it and securing it in place and try and make it as seemless
as possible. I don't want to take all of them down rework so that they are
perfectly centered and then cover up the gap on each side, to worried about
ripping my wall up.

Cover the gap with 1" quarter round or shoe molding.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"D/A Fischer" wrote:

I just finished hanging some cabinets in my laundry room, however
have a small problem. When I finshed hanging the cabinets on the one
wall, at the top I have a gap of 5/8" and at the bottom it is about
15/16". Everything is level and snug. Any ideas on how to cover
that gap on the one wall?

Unless you want the trained eye in years to come, look at your work
and ask, "What schmuck did this?", you will get a piece of molding
that is 3"-4" wide and scribe it to the wall.

It will look like it belongs there.

Lew