Default What to do about Sap?

Greetings all!

I'm in the middle of a project that has taken longer than expected to
finish (what a surprise, eh?). Back in April I purchase a bunch of S2S
Spanish Cedar, and stacked it flat without stickers expecting that it
would not sit like that for more than a few weeks. Obviously it sat
longer than expected and some of the boards have leaked sap.

How do I clean this up? It's okay if it leaves marks, because the stain
is most likely hide them. I just need to clean up the "sticky" without
making the wood look worse.

Does this mean the wood is too green, or could this have been avoided
if I have stickered the stack?

Thanks,
Tom

Oops, googled after the fact and found the same question from a few
years back. The suggestion was to use acetone or laquer thinner to
clean the sap.

I'd still appreciate ideas or comments from the currently active
members of the group.

Tom

Thanks for the advice folks!!