Bill Cotton

Default machining my first PCB

I wanted a 5 volt source for my newest gps, a Garmin Quest. It has a
internal battery that is not intended to be service by the consumer. The
Quest is recommended for automobile. A speaker is in the car adapter and
using the Quest in the car the is a constant power input of 5 volts. You can
remove the Quest for a walk and it will runs from 6 to 20 hours on the
internal battery, depending the mode of uses. When plugged into the car, the
internal battery in recharged.
On my bicycle, I have 12 volts 2000 ma batteries packs for my lights. For
the Quest, I want a 12 volt to 5 volt voltage regulator that uses the least
internal current. I made this unit and is testing it now.
http://www.billcotton.com/homeshop.htm
I also machine the adapters and battery/light holders shown in the
application link. Machining Plexiglas and pvc was fun chip making.

--
www.billcotton.com

Winston

Bill Cotton wrote:
I wanted a 5 volt source for my newest gps, a Garmin Quest. It has a
internal battery that is not intended to be service by the consumer.

Very cool, Bill!

I like the way you mounted the GPS over the vestigal tach.
That's a good use of the space.
Never understood why they put them on automatic cars, anyway.

--Winston

EdFielder

Interesting website- I see you are a Shoptask owner- there is another
website on gunsmithing with a Shoptask with some pretty imginative work
http://hometown.aol.com/johnstranaha...elingBook.html

"Bill Cotton" wrote in message
[...]

yourname

very nice

Bill Cotton

"Winston" wrote in message
Bill Cotton wrote:
I wanted a 5 volt source for my newest gps, a Garmin Quest. It has a
internal battery that is not intended to be service by the consumer.

Very cool, Bill!

I like the way you mounted the GPS over the vestigal tach.
That's a good use of the space.
Never understood why they put them on automatic cars, anyway.

--Winston

I agree. this is my wife car. I drive a stick Subaru and I eye the tach when
shifting sometime.

machining videos Rex B Metalworking 6 September 19th 04 03:19 PM
pics of new mill attachment and machining question Rick Metalworking 12 August 8th 04 07:56 PM
Machining Plastic Geoffrey W. Schultz Metalworking 25 November 20th 03 12:37 PM
online machining tutorial? wws Metalworking 11 August 28th 03 02:36 PM