DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   10 Weight Machine Oil for Mill (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/90819-10-weight-machine-oil-mill.html)

[email protected] February 12th 05 06:40 AM

10 Weight Machine Oil for Mill

The oil cups on the head of my Jet vertical mill specify 10 weight
machine oil. What type of Mobil product would fit this weight? I tried
putting in Velocite #10 spindle oil and it just seemed to run out. Then
I looked up the spec and it shows that it is an IOSVG 22. This is a
belt change mill.

Thanks, Steve

Ned Simmons February 12th 05 02:32 PM

In article .com,
says...
The oil cups on the head of my Jet vertical mill specify 10 weight
machine oil. What type of Mobil product would fit this weight? I tried
putting in Velocite #10 spindle oil and it just seemed to run out. Then
I looked up the spec and it shows that it is an IOSVG 22. This is a
belt change mill.

You've got the right stuff. SAE10 is appprox ISO VG22. If this is a
Bridgeport type mill there is no oil reservoir for te quill bearings
other than a felt donut at the top of the quill. The oil does just run
thru, but it should continue to dribble out over a period of days if the
mill isn't run too hard.

Ned Simmons