Larry Jaques

Default Dacronizing

I recently bought some coated deck screws which were dacronized.
There are no sites on the Web which tell what that process is.

Is anyone here familiar with the process?

--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL
-----------------------

Martin H. Eastburn

Larry Jaques wrote:

I recently bought some coated deck screws which were dacronized.
There are no sites on the Web which tell what that process is.

Is anyone here familiar with the process?

SAE Technical Paper Series 890407 describes it - now to locate that tech paper.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:50:34 GMT, the inscrutable "Martin H. Eastburn"
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I recently bought some coated deck screws which were dacronized.
There are no sites on the Web which tell what that process is.

Is anyone here familiar with the process?

SAE Technical Paper Series 890407 describes it - now to locate that tech paper.

Good point. Ida thunk someone who sells the coated products would
have had SOMETHING on them, but everyone has the same boring,
non-informative sentence regarding dacronizing. Whoever is in charge
of marketing this process is an idiot for not letting the info out.

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=...rttext&tlng=en
is a semi-interesting paper on sintering.

--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL
-----------------------

Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote:

I recently bought some coated deck screws which were dacronized.
There are no sites on the Web which tell what that process is.

Is anyone here familiar with the process?

SAE Technical Paper Series 890407 describes it - now to locate that tech paper.

Addendum: I was poring over the SAE site and found links to 42v stuff.
Curious, I viewed a few pages, then checked their book selections. You
guys may find the pricing on SAE paperbacks interesting, and you'll
want to be sitting down when you view this.
http://www.sae.org/servlets/productD...PROD_CD=RR-018
It was at this point that I ended my viewing of the SAE site. thud

--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL
-----------------------

Harold and Susan Vordos

Larry Jaques wrote:

I recently bought some coated deck screws which were dacronized.
There are no sites on the Web which tell what that process is.

Is anyone here familiar with the process?

SAE Technical Paper Series 890407 describes it - now to locate that

tech paper.

Addendum: I was poring over the SAE site and found links to 42v stuff.
Curious, I viewed a few pages, then checked their book selections. You
guys may find the pricing on SAE paperbacks interesting, and you'll
want to be sitting down when you view this.
http://www.sae.org/servlets/productD...PROD_CD=RR-018
It was at this point that I ended my viewing of the SAE site. thud

It's not like they want a ton of money, now, is it?

Harold

Ian Malcolm

Larry Jaques wrote:

I recently bought some coated deck screws which were dacronized.
There are no sites on the Web which tell what that process is.

Is anyone here familiar with the process?

SAE Technical Paper Series 890407 describes it - now to locate that tech paper.

Good point. Ida thunk someone who sells the coated products would
have had SOMETHING on them, but everyone has the same boring,
non-informative sentence regarding dacronizing. Whoever is in charge
of marketing this process is an idiot for not letting the info out.

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=...rttext&tlng=en
is a semi-interesting paper on sintering.

When I saw 'Dacronizing' I wondered what use on earth a Dupont trademark
polyester fibre would have as a coating system for metal :-)
http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/D/Dacron.asp

I suspect you want to google 'dacrotizing'

One notable link is the Dacral company
http://www.dacral.com/gb/pages/accueil/accueil.asp

Hope that helps.

ianm[at]the[dash]malcolms[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk [at]=@, [dash]=- &
[dot]=.
*Warning* SPAM TRAP set in header, Use email address in sig. if you must.
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:56:31 -0800, the inscrutable "Harold and Susan
Vordos" spake:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Addendum: I was poring over the SAE site and found links to 42v stuff.
Curious, I viewed a few pages, then checked their book selections. You
guys may find the pricing on SAE paperbacks interesting, and you'll
want to be sitting down when you view this.
http://www.sae.org/servlets/productD...PROD_CD=RR-018
It was at this point that I ended my viewing of the SAE site. thud

It's not like they want a ton of money, now, is it?

If the paperbacks are $3,500, I wonder how much the bloody hardcovers
cost.

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---

Harold and Susan Vordos

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:56:31 -0800, the inscrutable "Harold and Susan
Vordos" spake:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Addendum: I was poring over the SAE site and found links to 42v stuff.
Curious, I viewed a few pages, then checked their book selections. You
guys may find the pricing on SAE paperbacks interesting, and you'll
want to be sitting down when you view this.
http://www.sae.org/servlets/productD...PROD_CD=RR-018
It was at this point that I ended my viewing of the SAE site. thud

It's not like they want a ton of money, now, is it?

If the paperbacks are $3,500, I wonder how much the bloody hardcovers
cost.

Have you ever priced any of the ASME pressure vessel code books? Loose
leaf, and similar cost. They're real proud of their publications. They
also seem intent on keeping the information out of the hands of the common
man. Price certainly does that.

Harold

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:50:22 +0000, the inscrutable Ian Malcolm
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Good point. Ida thunk someone who sells the coated products would
have had SOMETHING on them, but everyone has the same boring,
non-informative sentence regarding dacronizing. Whoever is in charge
of marketing this process is an idiot for not letting the info out.

When I saw 'Dacronizing' I wondered what use on earth a Dupont trademark
polyester fibre would have as a coating system for metal :-)
http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/D/Dacron.asp

I had the same misgivings when I saw the spelling.

I suspect you want to google 'dacrotizing'

OK, now you do one for "dacronizing" to see my meager results.

One notable link is the Dacral company
http://www.dacral.com/gb/pages/accueil/accueil.asp

Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks. DacroMet appears to be the method used on my
screws. They look as if they were sprayed with a fine aluminum
coating, though they were probably dipped and spun. It's an
extremely smooth and nice coating; beats the hell out of hot-dip
galv.

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---