Bert Plank

Default Lincoln Electric 225-GLM to Digital?

AC Buzz Box to Digital Amperage control.

Anybody know if this would be possible and any hints on what I would need?

To get it to DC would also be a nice project?

Any tips?

Bert
Newfoundland

carl mciver

"Bert Plank" wrote in message
| AC Buzz Box to Digital Amperage control.
|
| Anybody know if this would be possible and any hints on what I would need?
|
| To get it to DC would also be a nice project?
|
| Any tips?
|
| Bert
| Newfoundland

Do you have an electronics degree or a strong grasp of D/A, high
current, filtering, microcontrollers, etc?

Proctologically Violated©®

For DC, would need some big-assed diodes: 1 or two for half-wave
rectification, 4 for full wave, mebbe some big-assed capacitors. The diodes
are now pretty cheap. Pretty straightforward.
Digital amp control?? Goodgawd.... Why???????????????
Run all this by the mavens at sci.engr.joining.welding
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

"Bert Plank" wrote in message
AC Buzz Box to Digital Amperage control.

Anybody know if this would be possible and any hints on what I would need?

To get it to DC would also be a nice project?

Any tips?

Bert
Newfoundland

Bert Plank

Thanks for the help, The is a whole shop full of electronic technologists
next door at the College i work at so maybe I'll suggest this as a term
projcet for one of them (wink).

Bert
Newfoundland