Cliff

Default OT - Hillary's Bird

Looks like Hillary will have a brand new chopper fleet ....

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tamp...31/daily4.html
"Lockheed Martin team awarded Marine One contract"
[
The overall contract, worth $6.1 billion, consists of $3.6 billion for
the fleet of helicopters and $2.5 billion for research and
development. The Lockheed team will receive $1.7 billion initially to
begin manufacturing the 23 helicopters, which are to be completed in
2009.
]

Is Lockheed Martin well known for their quality helicopters?
Naturally, much of it will be outsourced by the neocons .....

How much per at $6.1 billion/23 helicopters? Why does she need 23?

Can't she take the bus instead?
--
Cliff
T.Alan Kraus

What surface speed should I use to mill 440 steel, hardened to RW 48?
Cutting depth is .05 per pass.

cheers
T.Alan

Dan Murphy

"T.Alan Kraus" wrote in news:cpOLd.4818$m31.64329
@typhoon.sonic.net:

What surface speed should I use to mill 440 steel, hardened to RW 48?
Cutting depth is .05 per pass.

A little more info would be good. Plus you could start a new post. Face
milling? I would go around 200-250 SFM, depending on how close to 48Rc the
part really is, and how good the inserts are.

Dan

Gunner

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:48:08 GMT, "T.Alan Kraus"
wrote:

What surface speed should I use to mill 440 steel, hardened to RW 48?
Cutting depth is .05 per pass.

cheers
T.Alan

What cutting tool are you using? You need type, number of flutes
diameter and if you are using coolant or not.

This may be of interest to you.

http://iwr.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/lathe/speedz.zip
http://www.machinistsfriend.com/speeds.htm
http://www.machinist-calculator.com/Speed-Feed-Eng.html

handy links
http://www.discount-tools.com/techmain.htm
http://www.carbidedepot.com/resources.asp

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message

snip

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Not to mention all those places you have to hide and shoot, from behind all
the rusted-out pickup trucks in your front yard.

You can let the pigs and chickens loose, too, to raise havoc.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:27:16 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

snip

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Not to mention all those places you have to hide and shoot, from behind all
the rusted-out pickup trucks in your front yard.

You can let the pigs and chickens loose, too, to raise havoc.

You evidently are unaware of the master plan..we developed gated
communities for Leftists so when the time is ripe, we simply lock you
in.

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:27:16 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

snip

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Not to mention all those places you have to hide and shoot, from behind

all
the rusted-out pickup trucks in your front yard.

You can let the pigs and chickens loose, too, to raise havoc.

You evidently are unaware of the master plan..we developed gated
communities for Leftists so when the time is ripe, we simply lock you
in.

Gunner

I think the really clever thing you guys have going is turning the outhouse
into a pit trap. It's like a low-tech land mine. And then there's the
trailer full of fertilizer, with the leaky tarp on it, that's already
unstable from getting damp...

--
Ed Huntress

Bing

Gunner wrote in
:

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:27:16 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..

snip

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Not to mention all those places you have to hide and shoot, from
behind all the rusted-out pickup trucks in your front yard.

You can let the pigs and chickens loose, too, to raise havoc.

You evidently are unaware of the master plan..we developed gated
communities for Leftists so when the time is ripe, we simply lock you
in.

LMFAO !!!!!!

That was too frickin funny Gunner.

Now, Ed. Ya gotta admit that was a slick one.

Bing

Ed Huntress

"Bing" wrote in message
.244...
Gunner wrote in
:

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:27:16 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Oh, sure. That kind of sarcasm is Gunner's specialty. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

John Scheldroup

"T.Alan Kraus" wrote in message ...
What surface speed should I use to mill 440 steel, hardened to RW 48?
Cutting depth is .05 per pass.

cheers
T.Alan

http://www.teamus101.com/index.cfm

http://www.google.com/search?q=agust...&ie=UTF-8&sa=N

John Scheldroup

"John Scheldroup" wrote in message ...

"T.Alan Kraus" wrote in message ...
What surface speed should I use to mill 440 steel, hardened to RW 48?
Cutting depth is .05 per pass.

cheers
T.Alan

http://www.teamus101.com/index.cfm

http://www.google.com/search?q=agust...&ie=UTF-8&sa=N

http://www.defenselink.mil/transcrip...0128-2044.html

Q: What overseas will be? Components or parts of the helicopter -- fuselage? Any sense of that?

MR. LAUX: The plan is to build initially the primary fuselage components and
the main rotor blades in England. We're going to build the dynamic components,
including the bulk of the gear boxes, in Italy.

Q: There were about $77 million given to each team for risk- reduction efforts
throughout last year. What did that money go to? What exactly were these risk-reduction efforts?

MR. YOUNG: I'll let Tom offer details.

MR. LAUX: The bulk of the money was to identify those key technologies which are
crucial to identifying and, obviously, mitigating the risk in going forward. So there were a
number of trade studies that were done. In addition, as Secretary Young pointed out, we did
build high-fidelity mock-ups -- obviously, the cabin is an essential part of this procurement.
We did continued trade studies for the engine development and the main rotor blade developments,
the dynamic components required for the increased performance between this aircraft and
what each offer is currently marketing.

http://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/eh101/
AGUSTAWESTLAND EH101 MEDIUM-LIFT HELICOPTER, ITALY / UNITED KINGDOM
The EH101 medium lift helicopter is manufactured by AgustaWestland International Ltd
(formerly E.H. Industries), a joint venture company formed by Agusta of Italy and the British
company GKN Westland.

DESIGN
The rugged modular structure incorporates crashworthy and damage-tolerant features,
including a five blade main rotor, four blade teetering rotor and main lift frame which
includes multiple primary and secondary load paths. The fuselage is mainly of aluminium-lithium
construction. The aerodynamic rotor blades are constructed from carbon/glass with
nomex honeycomb and rohacell foam. Active vibration control of the structural response
(ACSR) uses a vibration cancelling technique.

Cliff

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:42:38 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

You evidently are unaware of the master plan..we developed gated
communities for Leftists

So much for the grand plan to steal Vermont.

BTW, Why are those leftists so good at making the money
to live in those places while wingers have only outhouse
basements?
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:50:20 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

You evidently are unaware of the master plan..we developed gated
communities for Leftists so when the time is ripe, we simply lock you
in.

Gunner

I think the really clever thing you guys have going is turning the outhouse
into a pit trap. It's like a low-tech land mine.

It will only catch fellow wingers.
Those sneaky lefties (not ever to be trusted) take
baths & can smell it ......
--
Cliff

Gunner

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:38:47 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Bing" wrote in message
. 5.244...
Gunner wrote in
:

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:27:16 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Sarcasm? I let slip a deadly serious secret of the Master Plan and he
calls it sarcasm?

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:42:38 GMT, the inscrutable Gunner
spake:

wrote:

Not to mention all those places you have to hide and shoot, from behind all
the rusted-out pickup trucks in your front yard.

You can let the pigs and chickens loose, too, to raise havoc.

You evidently are unaware of the master plan..we developed gated
communities for Leftists so when the time is ripe, we simply lock you
in.

ROTFLSHIAPMP! Two points, Gunner.

(scroll down)

Rolling On The Floor Laughing So Hard I Almost ****ed my Pants.

--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:
http://diversify.com Premium Website Development