Cliff

Default OT 2005 Predictions

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:27:03 -0600, Ben wrote:

Iran will test a nuclear bomb.

Why?

AFAIK India & Pakistan (US "allies" & bin Laden of bush family fame
is thought to be in Pakistan [a major exporter of Nuclear technology])
have not yet fired off any tests.

Herr shrubbie seems to be the only one that wants
to start up wars (cold or hot) again.

BTW, Did you catch Herr shrubbie's initial reaction to the tsunami?

Japan is sending US$ 500 million in aid so he was going to send
US$ 12 million, probably including the aircraft carrier task force
costs, just in case they needed to be bombed ...

Check **current** earthquake activity worldwide:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/
--
Cliff
Beachcooler

Cliff wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:27:03 -0600, Ben wrote:

Iran will test a nuclear bomb.

Why?

AFAIK India & Pakistan (US "allies" & bin Laden of bush family fame
is thought to be in Pakistan [a major exporter of Nuclear technology])
have not yet fired off any tests.

Herr shrubbie seems to be the only one that wants
to start up wars (cold or hot) again.

BTW, Did you catch Herr shrubbie's initial reaction to the tsunami?

Japan is sending US$ 500 million in aid so he was going to send
US$ 12 million, probably including the aircraft carrier task force
costs, just in case they needed to be bombed ...

Check **current** earthquake activity worldwide:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/

That's nice. Japan sending some cash. Good thing we rebuilt it, huh?

John Scheldroup

"Cliff" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:27:03 -0600, Ben wrote:

Iran will test a nuclear bomb.

Why?

I asked my math physics professor bro' law (born in Iran) this
same question the other day, his answer was, "because they
don't like em!"

Meaning the infidels of Israel. He said if they "Iran" ever get a
bomb they will drop one on em.. Good news he tells me, he doesnt
believe that they have the technology to build one. He would like to
see Bush invade the country.

One of these days he says he wants to be able to visit the country
again and smoke an opium cigarrette, which he tells me he has never
ever smoked one before. He imigrated to the US when he was a
teenager, there must be an age limit on smokes. G

John

Ian Stirling

In rec.crafts.metalworking Beachcooler wrote:
Cliff wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:27:03 -0600, Ben wrote:

Iran will test a nuclear bomb.

Why?

AFAIK India & Pakistan (US "allies" & bin Laden of bush family fame
is thought to be in Pakistan [a major exporter of Nuclear technology])
have not yet fired off any tests.

snip
That's nice. Japan sending some cash. Good thing we rebuilt it, huh?

Well, you did break it in the first place
The Watcher

Cliff wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:27:03 -0600, Ben wrote:

Iran will test a nuclear bomb.

Why?

AFAIK India & Pakistan (US "allies" & bin Laden of bush family fame
is thought to be in Pakistan [a major exporter of Nuclear technology])
have not yet fired off any tests.

snip
That's nice. Japan sending some cash. Good thing we rebuilt it, huh?

Well, you did break it in the first place

That would be the SECOND place, after Japan awakened the sleeping dragon by
attacking the US. Amazing how many people seem to have that selective memory of
World War II, with the US and it's dastardly and "unprovoked" attack on Japan.
:/
Ever hear of a little thing called Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941, A Day That
Will Live in Infamy? Ring any bells? Try a google search if it doesn't. Might
make some interesting reading if you've never heard of it before.

Abrasha

John Scheldroup wrote:

One of these days he says he wants to be able to visit the country
again and smoke an opium cigarrette,

Wow,

That suddenly brought back some good memories. Back home in Amsterdam, those
were the days. Red Lebanese, black Kashmiri, Thai sticks. Man, that stuff was
good. And every once in a while, if you got really lucky, an opium cigarette.

I was in my twenties, and not really having a clue how to enjoy all of that good
stuff.

I now truly believe that youth is wasted on the young (read that somewhere, so
true).

As far as 2005 is concerned? More wars, more terrorism, more riots, more
famine. As far as America is concerned the wars, terrorism, riots and famine
will be mostly on TV. Just as predicted in the George Orwell novel "1984".

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Gunner

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:26:31 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

if you got really lucky, an opium cigarette.

Opium is overrated. While "chasing the dragon" can be fun once every
so often, too much of it and it plugs off your bowels. Now is you have
a bad case of Uncle Hos Revenge..its not necessarily a bad thing.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill
Cliff

Cliff wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:27:03 -0600, Ben wrote:

Iran will test a nuclear bomb.

Why?

AFAIK India & Pakistan (US "allies" & bin Laden of bush family fame
is thought to be in Pakistan [a major exporter of Nuclear technology])
have not yet fired off any tests.

snip
That's nice. Japan sending some cash. Good thing we rebuilt it, huh?

Well, you did break it in the first place

And now the Herr shrubbie is deeply in debt to them.
Who is financing his deficits?

Better yet, who is going to pay the piper (plus compounded
interest)?

That would be the SECOND place, after Japan awakened the sleeping dragon by
attacking the US. Amazing how many people seem to have that selective memory of
World War II, with the US and it's dastardly and "unprovoked" attack on Japan.
:/
Ever hear of a little thing called Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941, A Day That
Will Live in Infamy? Ring any bells? Try a google search if it doesn't. Might
make some interesting reading if you've never heard of it before.

Kind of like Herr shrubbie's endless wars, right?
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:26:31 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

As far as 2005 is concerned? More wars, more terrorism, more riots, more
famine.

But now we can all clearly blame the wingers & fundies.
After all, they are crowing about how they now have total
control ......
--
Cliff
'Captain' Kirk DeHaan

Gunner said the following on 1/2/2005 7:49 PM:
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:26:31 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

if you got really lucky, an opium cigarette.

Opium is overrated. While "chasing the dragon" can be fun once every
so often, too much of it and it plugs off your bowels. Now is you have
a bad case of Uncle Hos Revenge..its not necessarily a bad thing.

Gunner

And that unfortunate side effect is still why the opiates are the best
pain killers. You can live with constipation although it's a pain in
the ...

--

Kirk

"Screw the planes, take a train", Me

Nick Hull

Cliff wrote:
[...]

Ever hear of the Flying Tigers? We were attacking Japan before Pearl
Harbor. BOTH sides lie & cheat, thuth is the 1st casualty of war.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Parabellum 9

Why don't YOU change all of that?
Gunner

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:44:33 -0500, Nick Hull
wrote:

:/
Ever hear of a little thing called Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941, A Day That
Will Live in Infamy? Ring any bells? Try a google search if it doesn't. Might
make some interesting reading if you've never heard of it before.

Ever hear of the Flying Tigers? We were attacking Japan before Pearl
Harbor. BOTH sides lie & cheat, thuth is the 1st casualty of war.

Actually we werent attacking Japan. We were defending the Chinese.
The P41s didnt have the range.

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio
Nick Hull

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:44:33 -0500, Nick Hull
wrote:

:/
Ever hear of a little thing called Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941, A Day
That
Will Live in Infamy? Ring any bells? Try a google search if it doesn't.
Might
make some interesting reading if you've never heard of it before.

Ever hear of the Flying Tigers? We were attacking Japan before Pearl
Harbor. BOTH sides lie & cheat, thuth is the 1st casualty of war.

Actually we werent attacking Japan. We were defending the Chinese.
The P41s didnt have the range.

True we weren't attacking mainland Japan. In 1941 Pearl Harbor wasn't a
state either, just a possession. I ass-u-me the japs considered China
to be their possession.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Gerald Miller

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 08:57:23 -0500, Nick Hull
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:44:33 -0500, Nick Hull
wrote:

:/
Ever hear of a little thing called Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941, A Day
That
Will Live in Infamy? Ring any bells? Try a google search if it doesn't.
Might
make some interesting reading if you've never heard of it before.

Ever hear of the Flying Tigers? We were attacking Japan before Pearl
Harbor. BOTH sides lie & cheat, thuth is the 1st casualty of war.

Actually we werent attacking Japan. We were defending the Chinese.
The P41s didnt have the range.

True we weren't attacking mainland Japan. In 1941 Pearl Harbor wasn't a
state either, just a possession. I ass-u-me the japs considered China
to be their possession.

After talking with survivors of the Hong Kong debacle, it's too damned
bad that only two devices were deployed.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada