Rex B

Default machining videos

Maybe you guys have all seen these:

Machining videos for download

http://www.eng.hmc.edu/E8/Videos.htm
Texas Parts Guy
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:54:07 GMT, (Rex B) calmly ranted:

Maybe you guys have all seen these:

Machining videos for download

http://www.eng.hmc.edu/E8/Videos.htm

Those are excellent refreshers for those of us who
haven't used some of this machinery for awhile.

----
A mostly meat-powered woodworker, and proud of it.
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

CusMarsh

thanks for the info/site. this actually answered a couple of questions for me.

cus
Nick Birrer

Allan Adler wrote:

I just tried to look at with my Netscape browser under RedHat 7.1 Linux.
Just to be safe, I clicked on Low Bandwidth and immediately got a blank
page, with "Document Done" at the bottom. How do I have to have Netscape
and my system configured to watch the videos?

It isn't urgent to solve this problem, since I can always go to the library,
make an appointment to use one of their PC's for a half hour, and and try to
watch one of the videos on their PC's under Windows.

I downloaded and played using mplayer on a Debian/Sarge installation:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/news.html

There is a plug-in for Mozilla at

http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/

but I'm not sure if this will work w/ Netscape.

Nick
Dave Foreman

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 04:14:19 GMT, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

I downloaded them to disk last night - right mouse button (RMB) and do a save target as...

I downnloaded the movies also, but even after upgrading Quicktime to the
latest version and downloading the latest DirectX per Apple, I have a
problem. The pictures seem nice and smooth but the sound is chopped up and
sounds echoie(sp). This is the reason I upgraded Quicktime to the latest
version. Any ideas?
Thanks
Dave Foreman

Then when I click on it, Quick Time player (that can be downloaded from apple ) runs it.
Window Media might as well as other programs.

Martin
Allan Adler wrote:

(Rex B) writes:

Maybe you guys have all seen these:
Machining videos for download
http://www.eng.hmc.edu/E8/Videos.htm

I just tried to look at with my Netscape browser under RedHat 7.1 Linux.
SNIP

Scott Moore

wrote:

I downloaded them to disk last night - right mouse button (RMB) and do a save target as...

I downnloaded the movies also, but even after upgrading Quicktime to the
latest version and downloading the latest DirectX per Apple, I have a
problem. The pictures seem nice and smooth but the sound is chopped up and
sounds echoie(sp). This is the reason I upgraded Quicktime to the latest
version. Any ideas?
Thanks
Dave Foreman

A guess: do you perhaps have software driven audio ? Is your audio built
in to the motherboard ? A lot of motherboard sound implementations used
the CPU to do some of the work, and during video the CPU happens to be
very busy.

--
Samiam is Scott A. Moore

Personal web site: http:/www.moorecad.com/scott
My electronics engineering consulting site: http://www.moorecad.com
ISO 7185 Standard Pascal web site: http://www.moorecad.com/standardpascal
Classic Basic Games web site: http://www.moorecad.com/classicbasic
The IP Pascal web site, a high performance, highly portable ISO 7185 Pascal
compiler system: http://www.moorecad.com/ippas

Being right is more powerfull than large corporations or governments.
The right argument may not be pervasive, but the facts eventually are.
Jim Levie

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 03:46:37 +0000, Keith Marshall wrote:

I just tried to look at with my Netscape browser under RedHat 7.1 Linux.

Just to be safe, I clicked on Low Bandwidth and immediately got a blank
page, with "Document Done" at the bottom. How do I have to have Netscape
and my system configured to watch the videos?

They're MOV files which are Apple QuickTime movies. I wasn't sure whether
ther's a version for Linux available so I took a look at their site and
found this statement:

"QuickTime is a truly cross-platform technology. It supports Mac OS X,
Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP."

It looks like you'll have no choice but to view it at the library as you
said. QT isn't automatically supported by Windows though so you may still
have a problem but it's worth a try.

I downloaded the files and watched them with mplayer on my RHEL 3.0WS
system. I think there is a quicktime plugin for Mozilla, but I've never
installed it because I like the player controls in mplayer.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.