Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default WTB Parts for Logan 12" Powermatic lathe

Hey guys, I picked up a decent Logan lathe last week. The PO had sold off major components intending to do a CNC conversion. I am wanting to put it back like it was.

Quick Change gearbox
Complete Apron
Crossfeed screw complete assembly including handwheel and dial
Compound complete assembly.
Threading dial.

This is for the Green or Gold 12" (only) Powermatics.

I'm in Fort Worth TX
Happy to pay freight if we can't arrange ruckage.

Direct email works best. burkheimer at gmail

BTW I've been gone a while. Glad to see the metalworking content is closer to 50%. For a while there the S/N ratio was unacceptable.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/30/2019 8:24 PM, Rex wrote:
Hey guys, I picked up a decent Logan lathe last week. The PO had sold off major components intending to do a CNC conversion. I am wanting to put it back like it was.

Quick Change gearbox
Complete Apron
Crossfeed screw complete assembly including handwheel and dial
Compound complete assembly.
Threading dial.

This is for the Green or Gold 12" (only) Powermatics.

I'm in Fort Worth TX
Happy to pay freight if we can't arrange ruckage.

Direct email works best. burkheimer at gmail

BTW I've been gone a while. Glad to see the metalworking content is closer to 50%. For a while there the S/N ratio was unacceptable.

Join the Logan Lathe email list/group at groups.io . And check eBay
frequently , there are folks that break these down to sell as parts .
They ain't cheap , you might be better off monetarily finding a donor
lathe . Use what you need and sell the rest .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Yessir, done all the above. Been rebuilding lathes for many years. This is my 5th Logan. Trouble with these is Ive never seen a PM so worn out they cant be rebuilt, so very few donors

Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 20:10:27 -0700 (PDT)
Rex wrote:

Yessir, done all the above. Been rebuilding lathes for many years. This is my 5th Logan. Trouble with these is Ive never seen a PM so worn out they cant be rebuilt, so very few donors

Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX

If you don't already know Andrew you probably should...

https://www.instagram.com/blacksmithtools/

He finds the most remarkable stuff in things most of us here have an
interest in. Let him know what you're looking for and he may turn
something up in his travels ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 7:47:02 AM UTC-5, Leon Fisk wrote:

If you don't already know Andrew you probably should...

https://www.instagram.com/blacksmithtools/

He finds the most remarkable stuff in things most of us here have an
interest in. Let him know what you're looking for and he may turn
something up in his travels ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

I will do that, thanks for the info Rex B Keller TX

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 18:24:22 -0700 (PDT), Rex
wrote:

Hey guys, I picked up a decent Logan lathe last week. The PO had sold off major components intending to do a CNC conversion. I am wanting to put it back like it was.

Quick Change gearbox
Complete Apron
Crossfeed screw complete assembly including handwheel and dial
Compound complete assembly.
Threading dial.

This is for the Green or Gold 12" (only) Powermatics.

I'm in Fort Worth TX
Happy to pay freight if we can't arrange ruckage.

Direct email works best. burkheimer at gmail

BTW I've been gone a while. Glad to see the metalworking content is closer to 50%. For a while there the S/N ratio was unacceptable.

Got a picture?

Having so much gear missing on a Logan/Powermatic..may be impossible
to fix without buying another one.

Gunner
__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

wrote:

Hey guys, I picked up a decent Logan lathe last week. The PO had sold off major components intending to do a CNC conversion. I am wanting to put it back like it was.

Quick Change gearbox
Complete Apron
Crossfeed screw complete assembly including handwheel and dial
Compound complete assembly.
Threading dial.

This is for the Green or Gold 12" (only) Powermatics.

I'm in Fort Worth TX
Happy to pay freight if we can't arrange ruckage.

Direct email works best. burkheimer at gmail

BTW I've been gone a while. Glad to see the metalworking content is closer to 50%. For a while there the S/N ratio was unacceptable.

Got a picture?

Having so much gear missing on a Logan/Powermatic..may be impossible
to fix without buying another one.

Gunner

Hi Gunner

Yeah, I figured it would cost me about $600-$800 to get what I need for it.
Scott Logan has the apron for $445 shipped,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Id hit all the used machinery websites, Ebay etc etc and see if you
can find the rest of the parts. The gear box may be unobtainium. You
could have fabbed up everything else.

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

wrote:

Hey guys, I picked up a decent Logan lathe last week. The PO had sold off major components intending to do a CNC conversion. I am wanting to put it back like it was.

Quick Change gearbox
Complete Apron
Crossfeed screw complete assembly including handwheel and dial
Compound complete assembly.
Threading dial.

This is for the Green or Gold 12" (only) Powermatics.

I'm in Fort Worth TX
Happy to pay freight if we can't arrange ruckage.

Direct email works best. burkheimer at gmail

Having so much gear missing on a Logan/Powermatic..may be impossible
to fix without buying another one.

Id hit all the used machinery websites, Ebay etc etc and see if you
can find the rest of the parts. The gear box may be unobtainium. You
could have fabbed up everything else.

So who is out there nowadays? All my links have closed up or the owner died.

I have a search set up on ebay.
Looking for a good site to search Craigslist nationwide.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

www.searchtempest.com is a good Craigslist search engine

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---

A Powermatic Shop worth seeing even if you don't like Powermatic Bill[_37_] Woodworking 49 May 2nd 12 12:30 AM
WTB Wards Powermatic Lathe RBnDFW Metalworking 12 May 1st 10 08:14 PM
Logan Lathe parts ? Snag Metalworking 10 October 19th 07 08:46 PM
WANTED/WTB: Lathe headstock, CNC lathe, small lathe, ... [email protected] Metalworking 4 May 27th 06 05:18 PM
Logan/Powermatic Lathe + Shop For Sale David Malicky Metalworking 3 July 18th 05 03:59 AM