Michelle P

Default Blast Cabinet Plans

Hi all,
I am interested in building a abrasive blast cabinet. I did a little
searching on Google and turned up very little. Anyone have some plans
or know where I can get some? Approximate dimensions? Height off floor?
Depth and width are application dependent.
Thanks,
Michelle
--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

jim rozen

In article .net, Michelle P
says...

Hi all,
I am interested in building a abrasive blast cabinet. I did a little
searching on Google and turned up very little. Anyone have some plans
or know where I can get some? Approximate dimensions? Height off floor?
Depth and width are application dependent.

Didn't "Amateur Home Shop Machinist Drive your Wife Crazy
Bridgeport in the Basement" magazine have an article for
building one of those in the past few years?

Jim

please reply to:

Gary Brady

Anyone have some plans
or know where I can get some? Approximate dimensions? Height off floor?
Depth and width are application dependent.

I've got an old Projects in Metal Magazine with plans for a cabinet, but
they're not very detailed. Should show the basics, though. I could
scan and email these if you don't find anything else you like.

Gary Brady

Michelle P

Grant,
Bingo! Thanks. Everything I need.
They are using plywood in their plans. I plan to use sheet steel.
Michelle

Michelle P wrote:

Hi all,
I am interested in building a abrasive blast cabinet. I did a little
searching on Google and turned up very little. Anyone have some
plans or know where I can get some? Approximate dimensions? Height
off floor? Depth and width are application dependent.
Thanks,
Michelle

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

Joel Corwith

"Michelle P" wrote in message
link.net...
Grant,
Bingo! Thanks. Everything I need.
They are using plywood in their plans. I plan to use sheet steel.
Michelle

Have you priced out a dryer laying by the side of the road?

Joel. phx

Grant Erwin wrote:

I think Tip Tools has just what you need. - GWE

http://www.tptools.com/prod_list_dis...sting+Cabinets

ShakasCaregiver

I used the plywood crate a mill drill came in. Caulked the seams, painted the
inside white. added cleats for expanded metal floor to hold projects above the
upside down pyrimide that funnels the sand back to the hopper. Used 2 x2 for
legs.
The opening is covered with window glass sealed with foam weather strip. I did
buy a dust collector type vaccum for the dust because I use it mosty for
removing rust. That and sand silca dust is bad for the lungs.
Michelle P

Joel,
Uh no, but it is an interesting thought. I think I will have to make a
trip to the dump.
Michelle

Joel Corwith wrote:

hlink.net...

Michelle P wrote:

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

Joel Corwith

"Michelle P" wrote in message
ink.net...
Joel,
Uh no, but it is an interesting thought. I think I will have to make a
trip to the dump.
Michelle

If you see an oven, they often have windows,....

Now that I type that I saw a microwave/range hood at a thrift store that
would have made a nice cabinet.

If you find an appliance repair place, they often have a pile of 'shells'
that they have to dispose of once they pull the useful parts.

Joel. phx

My first blast box was a cardboard monitor box with holes in the side and a
storm window on top. Careful not to point at the box unless you need
another hole,...

Gerald Miller

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:58:25 -0700, "Joel Corwith"
wrote:

If you see an oven, they often have windows,....

Now that I type that I saw a microwave/range hood at a thrift store that
would have made a nice cabinet.

If you find an appliance repair place, they often have a pile of 'shells'
that they have to dispose of once they pull the useful parts.

My air conditioner winter cover/ snowblower summer cover started out
as a Maytag washer
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Bart D. Hull

Michelle,

One suggestion I have is that you purchase a sandblast gun from TP Tools
and put it in whatever cabinet.

I bought a Harbor Freight sandblast cabinet for $200 and a U.S. made gun
from TP made it a pleasure to use. You can see the sand coming out of the
U.S. gun, the Chinese gun looks similar but wouldn't blast loose rust off
1/4 steel plate.

After all you want to remove paint and rust EASILY right?

P.S. I have visited your web site. Do you have a sister that's single?
(GRIN!)
Somewhere I saw that your "to do" list included annualing your boyfriends
airplane. WOW!

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Grant Erwin wrote:

I think Tip Tools has just what you need. - GWE

http://www.tptools.com/prod_list_dis...sting+Cabinets

Michelle P

Bart,
Suggestions noted. I am looking to remove corrosion.

My website? I do not have one that I know of.
My sisters are not single, they are both married and have three kids
each. I however, am still single and not currently seeing anyone.
I currently work for and airline as an aircraft Mechanic/Trainer and do
fly and work on my own aircraft.
Michelle

Michelle,

Michelle P wrote:

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

Rex B

Interesting thought. I have a "stacked" washer dryer that is about to retire.
The drier section is at shoulder level. There is already a sloped panel from the
front lower edge of the top section to the back of the unit.
If the door had a glass.........

|| Michelle P wrote:
|| Joel,
|| Uh no, but it is an interesting thought. I think I will have to make
|| a trip to the dump.
|| Michelle

|| Have you priced out a dryer laying by the side of the road?
|| Joel. phx

Texas Parts Guy