Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Popcorn

Lately, I've been on a popcorn kick. I only make popcorn in a pan with
Canola oil. I didn't like the "chew" of fresh, hot popcorn and won't
eat the microwave versions. I figured it must be the moisture content
so I laid the popcorn out on a cookie sheet, added butter and salt and
baked at 350 for ten minutes. It comes out hot and crisp! i also run
my kosher salt in a mortar and pestle so I only use a tiny bit. Any
other popcorn tricks?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
Lately, I've been on a popcorn kick. I only make popcorn in a pan with
Canola oil. I didn't like the "chew" of fresh, hot popcorn and won't
eat the microwave versions. I figured it must be the moisture content
so I laid the popcorn out on a cookie sheet, added butter and salt and
baked at 350 for ten minutes. It comes out hot and crisp! i also run
my kosher salt in a mortar and pestle so I only use a tiny bit. Any
other popcorn tricks?

I use a hot air popper, butter with Red Hot sauce in it and some three
cheese blend and a hint of seasoned salt.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
news
Tom Gardner wrote:
Lately, I've been on a popcorn kick. I only make popcorn in a pan with
Canola oil. I didn't like the "chew" of fresh, hot popcorn and won't eat
the microwave versions. I figured it must be the moisture content so I
laid the popcorn out on a cookie sheet, added butter and salt and baked
at 350 for ten minutes. It comes out hot and crisp! i also run my
kosher salt in a mortar and pestle so I only use a tiny bit. Any other
popcorn tricks?

I use a hot air popper, butter with Red Hot sauce in it and some three
cheese blend and a hint of seasoned salt.

--
Steve W.

---

1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
4 strips bacon, chopped.

1. Combine ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
2 Melt and pour into spray bottle.
3 Refrigerate unused portion for future use.

Spray onto popcorn, salt to taste.

Best Regards
Tom.

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/1/2017 12:08 PM, Azotic wrote:

1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
4 strips bacon, chopped.

1. Combine ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
2 Melt and pour into spray bottle.
3 Refrigerate unused portion for future use.

Spray onto popcorn, salt to taste.

Best Regards
Tom.

You could spray that on dog ****!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/1/2017 10:35 AM, Steve W. wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:
Lately, I've been on a popcorn kick. I only make popcorn in a pan with Canola
oil. I didn't like the "chew" of fresh, hot popcorn and won't eat the
microwave versions. I figured it must be the moisture content so I laid the
popcorn out on a cookie sheet, added butter and salt and baked at 350 for ten
minutes. It comes out hot and crisp! i also run my kosher salt in a mortar
and pestle so I only use a tiny bit. Any other popcorn tricks?

I use a hot air popper, butter with Red Hot sauce in it and some three cheese
blend and a hint of seasoned salt.

Parmesan cheese is worth a try.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 08:00:10 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

Lately, I've been on a popcorn kick. I only make popcorn in a pan with
Canola oil. I didn't like the "chew" of fresh, hot popcorn and won't
eat the microwave versions. I figured it must be the moisture content
so I laid the popcorn out on a cookie sheet, added butter and salt and
baked at 350 for ten minutes. It comes out hot and crisp! i also run
my kosher salt in a mortar and pestle so I only use a tiny bit. Any
other popcorn tricks?

I gave up popcorn due to GMO corn allergies and hating to always be
picking kernels out of my teeth.

Try Simply 7 Hummus chips.

--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 4/1/2017 12:08 PM, Azotic wrote:

1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
4 strips bacon, chopped.

1. Combine ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
2 Melt and pour into spray bottle.
3 Refrigerate unused portion for future use.

Spray onto popcorn, salt to taste.

Best Regards
Tom.

You could spray that on dog ****!

Recipes are crazy sometimes. Especially those bacon-and-banana or bacon-and-pineapple ones ... crazy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Apr 2017 13:45:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I gave up popcorn due to GMO corn allergies and hating to always be
picking kernels out of my teeth.

Look for the "NON GMO" label. Blade of green grass with a
butterfly... Jolly Time is one brand to look for.

Organic is supposed to be non GMO as well and one of the few reasons
to trust FDA organic. Rainforest Alliance is a more trustworthy
certification if organic is important.

Now I want popcorn!
--
William

Get the popcorn. burfordTjustice Home Repair 3 January 4th 17 01:38 AM
Popcorn LSMFT Home Repair 56 May 15th 10 05:27 AM
Popcorn Ceilings John Home Repair 10 September 24th 07 03:40 PM
Popcorn Lung ATP* Metalworking 13 September 9th 07 05:09 AM
help on asbestos popcorn [email protected] Home Repair 20 July 11th 06 01:56 AM