Work Clothes

Old March 4th 17, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work Clothes

I saw this on Gizmag this morning and thought it fit. Some of us are
hard on clothing in the shop or work. Others are them that gol durn
biker dudes. (Hi, Snag) Anyway, Got Dyneema?

http://newatlas.com/saint-motorcycle...-review/46201/

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Old March 4th 17, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
I saw this on Gizmag this morning and thought it fit. Some of us are
hard on clothing in the shop or work. Others are them that gol durn
biker dudes. (Hi, Snag) Anyway, Got Dyneema?

http://newatlas.com/saint-motorcycle...-review/46201/

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in 10
years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .
--
Snag

Old March 4th 17, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 07:09:29 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I saw this on Gizmag this morning and thought it fit. Some of us are
hard on clothing in the shop or work. Others are them that gol durn
biker dudes. (Hi, Snag) Anyway, Got Dyneema?

http://newatlas.com/saint-motorcycle...-review/46201/

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in 10
years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .

At such a cheap price, I'm surprised you're not rushing out to buy a
set for every day of the week, or at least one pair for Sunday.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass, too. Surely, though, we'll see
them on every dentist on his Harley every weekend.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Old March 4th 17, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I saw this on Gizmag this morning and thought it fit. Some of us
are hard on clothing in the shop or work. Others are them that gol
durn biker dudes. (Hi, Snag) Anyway, Got Dyneema?

http://newatlas.com/saint-motorcycle...-review/46201/

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes
in 10 years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice set of leathers .

At such a cheap price, I'm surprised you're not rushing out to buy a
set for every day of the week, or at least one pair for Sunday.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass, too. Surely, though, we'll see
them on every dentist on his Harley every weekend.

I'm actually going to use those leathers today . Going to the Ozark Seed
Swap in a little while . I've gotten a lot of fairly uncommon varieties of
veggies and stuff , all acclimatized to our area . And since I took the
Ultra to the likker store yesterday I plan to ride the Ol' Lady's Sportster
trike . The long way ...
--
Snag

Old March 4th 17, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 8:09:34 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in 10
years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .
--
Snag

I probably do spend $600 on clothes in ten years. I frequent the local Salvation Army and buy shirts, jackets , and cashmere sweaters there. But pass on buying jeans. I buy them from Walmart for less than $10. For some reason I wear out the left knee on the blue jeans. I tried to fix that with some Kevlar, but it just is not worth the effort.

Dan

Old March 5th 17, 01:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I saw this on Gizmag this morning and thought it fit. Some of us are
hard on clothing in the shop or work. Others are them that gol durn
biker dudes. (Hi, Snag) Anyway, Got Dyneema?

http://newatlas.com/saint-motorcycle...-review/46201/

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in 10
years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .

At such a cheap price, I'm surprised you're not rushing out to buy a
set for every day of the week, or at least one pair for Sunday.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass, too. Surely, though, we'll see
them on every dentist on his Harley every weekend.

Dyneema is what some of the toughest ropes and lines on high end
sailboats are made from. On many boats..its being used to do the
jobs steel cable used to do. Sheets, halyards, centerboard hoists etc.
Fascinating to see it being used in this fashion. That was some very
good application usage thinking outside of the box. That stuff has a
higher strength rating than steel cable.

Gunner

---

Old March 5th 17, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 4:39:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 8:09:34 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in 10
years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .
--
Snag

I probably do spend $600 on clothes in ten years. I frequent the local Salvation Army and buy shirts, jackets , and cashmere sweaters there. But pass on buying jeans. I buy them from Walmart for less than $10. For some reason I wear out the left knee on the blue jeans. I tried to fix that with some Kevlar, but it just is not worth the effort.

Dan

Interesting. I always wear out the right knee before the left - something to do with politics maybe? Recently, though, I've been being more conscientious about using kneepads.

Also, for a lot of my factory work, I've switched to Duluth Firehose pants. Yes, they're expensive, but they are tough as nails, comfortable, fit well, have lots of pockets and come clean in the wash.
Old March 5th 17, 02:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 9:03:44 AM UTC-5, rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

Also, I buy T-shirts at Goodwill for $.49 each. Usually brand new.
Old March 5th 17, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 4:39:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 8:09:34 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in 10
years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .
--
Snag

I probably do spend $600 on clothes in ten years. I frequent the local Salvation Army and buy shirts, jackets ,
and cashmere sweaters there. But pass on buying jeans. I buy them from Walmart for less than $10. For
some reason I wear out the left knee on the blue jeans. I tried to fix that with some Kevlar, but it just is not
worth the effort.

I had that happen. When i'd get out of the driver's side my left knee would always touch the door.

Old March 5th 17, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I saw this on Gizmag this morning and thought it fit. Some of us
are hard on clothing in the shop or work. Others are them that gol
durn biker dudes. (Hi, Snag) Anyway, Got Dyneema?

http://newatlas.com/saint-motorcycle...-review/46201/

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes
in 10 years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice set of leathers .

At such a cheap price, I'm surprised you're not rushing out to buy a
set for every day of the week, or at least one pair for Sunday.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass, too. Surely, though, we'll see
them on every dentist on his Harley every weekend.

I'm actually going to use those leathers today . Going to the Ozark Seed
Swap in a little while . I've gotten a lot of fairly uncommon varieties of
veggies and stuff , all acclimatized to our area .

Seed Swap: an extremely good thing for acclimatized heirloom
varieties. Great!

And since I took the
Ultra to the likker store yesterday I plan to ride the Ol' Lady's Sportster
trike . The long way ...

You reckon ta carry -that- many seeds back, boy?

Of you come across any diesel motocross bikes for free, keep me in
mind, will ya?

I had to laugh at this one, in comparison to the USMC bike:
http://tinyurl.com/jle6rww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JPKCVXY0P0
http://rx.iscdn.net/2013/09/60211_diesel.jpg

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.