Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My Dalton Lathe

Hi, Im trying to I.D. an old Dalton I just got. ( Oregon, March 2017)
It has Dalton Six cast on it and the end plate says New York. The Patent
plate indicates Patents from 1914 to 1922. Therefore I guess it was built in
1922 or after, and until 1925 when Dalton moved from New York. Its not
large. Im not a machinist and do not know how to run a lathe ( but will
learn). However, it has about an 8€ swing and spindle to chuck face is
about 16€ max. Where are there other markings or casting numbers that might
tell me what it is? Ive attached a picture. Thanks. It is very COOL!

https://www.polytechforum.com/img/5a

--
for full context, visit http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...he-635131-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"TLouisJ" wrote in
message ...
Hi, I?Tm trying to I.D. an old Dalton I just got. ( Oregon, March
2017) It has Dalton Six cast on it and the end plate says New York.
The Patent
plate indicates Patents from 1914 to 1922. Therefore I guess it
was built in
1922 or after, and until 1925 when Dalton moved from New York.
It?Ts not
large. I?Tm not a machinist and do not know how to run a lathe (
but will
learn). However, it has about an 8? swing and spindle to chuck
face is
about 16? max. Where are there other markings or casting numbers
that might
tell me what it is? I?Tve attached a picture. Thanks. It is very
COOL!

https://www.polytechforum.com/img/5a

http://www.lathes.co.uk/dalton/index.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 03 Mar 2017 18:18:02 GMT, TLouisJ
wrote:

Hi, Im trying to I.D. an old Dalton I just got. ( Oregon, March 2017)
It has Dalton Six cast on it and the end plate says New York. The Patent
plate indicates Patents from 1914 to 1922. Therefore I guess it was built in
1922 or after, and until 1925 when Dalton moved from New York. Its not
large. Im not a machinist and do not know how to run a lathe ( but will
learn). However, it has about an 8€? swing and spindle to chuck face is
about 16€? max. Where are there other markings or casting numbers that might
tell me what it is? Ive attached a picture. Thanks. It is very COOL!

https://www.polytechforum.com/img/5a

Why are dozens of polytechforum users suddenly buying old Dalton
lathes -after- reading how much trouble fellow forum users are having
getting parts and manuals for them?

Curious. shrug

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m wrote:

Hi, Im trying to I.D. an old Dalton I just got. ( Oregon, March 2017)
It has Dalton Six cast on it and the end plate says New York. The Patent
plate indicates Patents from 1914 to 1922. Therefore I guess it was built in
1922 or after, and until 1925 when Dalton moved from New York. Its not
large. Im not a machinist and do not know how to run a lathe ( but will
learn). However, it has about an 8€? swing and spindle to chuck face is
about 16€? max. Where are there other markings or casting numbers that might
tell me what it is? Ive attached a picture. Thanks. It is very COOL!

https://www.polytechforum.com/img/5a

Why are dozens of polytechforum users suddenly buying old Dalton
lathes -after- reading how much trouble fellow forum users are having
getting parts and manuals for them?

Curious. shrug

The new owners are buying the lathes from the previous owners who
couldnt find parts for them. (Grin)

---

Dalton Lathe just discovered jordie field Metalworking 2 November 28th 16 10:53 PM
Dalton lathe [email protected] Metalworking 2 April 7th 15 09:35 AM
Dalton lathe [email protected] Metalworking 5 March 15th 15 08:44 PM
dalton lathe Luke Metalworking 4 August 14th 13 02:39 AM
Info Please: Dalton Lathe [email protected] Metalworking 5 March 3rd 06 07:17 AM