Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Did gummer freeze to death, or drown in the floods

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 13:48:09 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 1/27/2017 9:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yes, it is no longer cheap and easy to go plinking.

Costs me $2.50/box of 50 for .38, .45. .41 and .44 a bit more due to
powder cost. And, it takes me about an hour to load 400 rounds.

Same here. Though powder prices have spiked badly over the past 4
yrs. And primers have doubled or tripled. Glad I have a good supply
of both.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 1/27/2017 9:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yes, it is no longer cheap and easy to go plinking.

Costs me $2.50/box of 50 for .38, .45. .41 and .44 a bit more due to
powder cost.

Yabbut, those aren't .22 for quick/simple/light/cheap.
.45 does more than "plink", don'tcha know?

And, it takes me about an hour to load 400 rounds.

Yes, and it cost you a grand to get set up to be able to do that. The
press, dies, brass, brass tools, bullets, powder, primers, etc. If I
shot a lot, it would be worth it, but I still can't find .22 for a
reasonable price and I can't figure it out. I heard that some guys
are buying up 10k case lots, but who knows where to find those and
finance 'em.

Its actually cheaper around here to shoot handloaded 45s than buy 22s

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 1/27/2017 9:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yes, it is no longer cheap and easy to go plinking.

Costs me $2.50/box of 50 for .38, .45. .41 and .44 a bit more due to
powder cost.

Yabbut, those aren't .22 for quick/simple/light/cheap.
.45 does more than "plink", don'tcha know?

And, it takes me about an hour to load 400 rounds.

Yes, and it cost you a grand to get set up to be able to do that. The
press, dies, brass, brass tools, bullets, powder, primers, etc. If I
shot a lot, it would be worth it, but I still can't find .22 for a
reasonable price and I can't figure it out. I heard that some guys
are buying up 10k case lots, but who knows where to find those and
finance 'em.

Its actually cheaper around here to shoot handloaded 45s than buy 22s

Amazing, isn't it? But you're my age and know the difference between
plinkin', varmint huntin', and blastin'. The .45 is blastin', pure
and simple. I miss toting a light rifle and light ammo out to the
middle of nowhere and quietly plinkin' at rocks, cans, and ornery
stumps.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I can shoot the 375 H&H for 15 cents. The 30-30 for 8 cents, the 06
for a dime. Cast bullets and pistol powder do the job well enough.

I can slam a jacketed 300gr .375 slug out fast enough to shoot
through both sides of a nice big elk....for about 75 cents a
shot...but we are short on elk here. I shoot a ****load of cast
bullets at speeds approching factory loading for very little money.

The 6.5 Grendel I built a few months ago, costs me almost as much a
round with the fancy 6.5 123gr AMax slugs. So I dont shoot it a hell
of a lot. The old timers get far far more use.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yabbut, what would it cost for someone to buy the equipment and
components today, just starting out? Triple or more?

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You can start reloading for a $100 bill. Or less if you hunt around
for used powder measure, press, dies and a scale.

Or you can simply buy a hammer and a Lee Loader. While I have good
gear..I have at least 10 Lee Loaders for various cartridges. In
fact..I do most of my .303 British by resizing them in a Lee Loader.
Its easier on the 303 brass when they are truely necksized only (and
with most SMLE rifles..neck size only). If you dont know what neck
sizing is...

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://www.303british.com/id31.html

And Lee Loaders are actually pretty fast if you use them properly....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEl9wZyabc

a NEW Lee Loader set will set you back about $35 shipping included. I
buy used ones for $10-20 tops

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lee-Classic-...AOSwXeJXeTN N

Example only of course. Rifle, pistol, shotgun..all can be done on
various Lee Loaders. Shrug. My progressives or single station
presses will kick em out faster...but sometimes you dont need a $100+
to reload cartridges

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 22:20:45 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

but sometimes you dont need a $100+
to reload cartridges

Spending advice from RCM's most notorious freeloader! Take the $100+
and pay your ****ing taxes, deadbeat.

And on that note, let's see how you've been doing lately.
http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/Payme...TYPE=AT&YR= C
Well whatdoyauknow, unpaid, unpaid, unpaid ad infinitum. Yet another
new lien in April, for a measly $300 that you couldn't possibly come
up with, right? Couldn't dip into your gun or cigarette money, of
course. Because that would put you perilously close to acting like a
responsible adult.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Yabbut, what would it cost for someone to buy the equipment and
components today, just starting out? Triple or more?

You can start reloading for a $100 bill. Or less if you hunt around
for used powder measure, press, dies and a scale.

People on eBay want more for a used RCBS than they cost new at a local
store ($269). But how about brass, primers, and boolies?

Or you can simply buy a hammer and a Lee Loader. While I have good
gear..I have at least 10 Lee Loaders for various cartridges. In
fact..I do most of my .303 British by resizing them in a Lee Loader.
Its easier on the 303 brass when they are truely necksized only (and
with most SMLE rifles..neck size only). If you dont know what neck
sizing is...

I do. (never say that around a woman) This is the first I've heard
about Lee Loaders. Cool tool. They're going for $25-35 on eBay.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Yabbut, what would it cost for someone to buy the equipment and
components today, just starting out? Triple or more?

You can start reloading for a $100 bill. Or less if you hunt around
for used powder measure, press, dies and a scale.

People on eBay want more for a used RCBS than they cost new at a local
store ($269). But how about brass, primers, and boolies?

There are people on Ebay who charge more for shipping than the cost of
the item. I avoid them like Leftists. Such people are the scum of
the earth.
Like Leftists.

(Grin)

Or you can simply buy a hammer and a Lee Loader. While I have good
gear..I have at least 10 Lee Loaders for various cartridges. In
fact..I do most of my .303 British by resizing them in a Lee Loader.
Its easier on the 303 brass when they are truely necksized only (and
with most SMLE rifles..neck size only). If you dont know what neck
sizing is...

I do. (never say that around a woman) This is the first I've heard
about Lee Loaders. Cool tool. They're going for $25-35 on eBay.

Look for them at gun shows. You will often find em for $10. I do
suggest purchasing a used scale and powder measure, but you can indeed
use the little scoops to load them well enough for generic loadings.

If you are yard saleing...always keep an eye open for bullet molds,
reloading equipment, powder, primers and bullets. One will
occasionally find such, particularly in yard sales by widows. If you
have the slightest hint/idea that someone in the home was a
shooter/hunter/gun owner...ask if they have any such stuff for sale.
Its surprising how much stuff turns up, that the owner never thought
to sell. Same with guns. A large percentage of my toys came from
such. No sons to inherit, Da's Garand or Mauser has been tucked away
in the back of a closet since the 80s.

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 8:51:44 AM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:

snipped

Gunner

---

Gunner, I tried to send you a PM concerning some questions I have about reloading some .30-06 rifle cartridges. I'm new at it and you seem to know your way around the issue. Did you get it?

Garrett Fulton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 08:07:04 -0800 (PST), Garrett Fulton
wrote:

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 8:51:44 AM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:

snipped

Gunner

---

Gunner, I tried to send you a PM concerning some questions I have about reloading some .30-06 rifle cartridges. I'm new at it and you seem to know your way around the issue. Did you get it?

Garrett Fulton

I got an email, with nothing in it.
I responded with suggestion you try again.

If you like..we can do it here. We know this works (Grin)

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Yabbut, what would it cost for someone to buy the equipment and
components today, just starting out? Triple or more?

You can start reloading for a $100 bill. Or less if you hunt around
for used powder measure, press, dies and a scale.

People on eBay want more for a used RCBS than they cost new at a local
store ($269). But how about brass, primers, and boolies?

There are people on Ebay who charge more for shipping than the cost of
the item. I avoid them like Leftists. Such people are the scum of
the earth.
Like Leftists. (Grin)

Grok that, and ditto.

Or you can simply buy a hammer and a Lee Loader. While I have good
gear..I have at least 10 Lee Loaders for various cartridges. In
fact..I do most of my .303 British by resizing them in a Lee Loader.
Its easier on the 303 brass when they are truely necksized only (and
with most SMLE rifles..neck size only). If you dont know what neck
sizing is...

I do. (never say that around a woman) This is the first I've heard
about Lee Loaders. Cool tool. They're going for $25-35 on eBay.

Look for them at gun shows. You will often find em for $10. I do
suggest purchasing a used scale and powder measure, but you can indeed
use the little scoops to load them well enough for generic loadings.

I don't think my little 5Kgx1g electronic scale would be sensitive
enough.

If you are yard saleing...always keep an eye open for bullet molds,
reloading equipment, powder, primers and bullets. One will
occasionally find such, particularly in yard sales by widows. If you
have the slightest hint/idea that someone in the home was a
shooter/hunter/gun owner...ask if they have any such stuff for sale.
Its surprising how much stuff turns up, that the owner never thought
to sell. Same with guns. A large percentage of my toys came from
such. No sons to inherit, Da's Garand or Mauser has been tucked away
in the back of a closet since the 80s.

I think I've only seen 1 or 2 reloading parts at garbadj sales in 40
years. And the couple sets of reloading stations were eBayleftist
priced, $350-500. I rather doubt I'll get into reloading, but if I
did see a Lee Loader at $10 in a relevant caliber, I might grab it.

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 8:51:44 AM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:

snipped

Gunner

---

Gunner, I tried to send you a PM concerning some questions I have about reloading some .30-06 rifle cartridges. I'm new at it and you seem to know your way around the issue. Did you get it?

Garrett Fulton

It may be buried among the many, MANY emails from Patriot news lists
I'm subscribed to. As you may know, the country is in a humongous
crisis right now. President Trump has announced the fact that Obammy
tapped his phones. All the Patriot groups are issuing calls to action
to have the traitor Barack HIESANE Obammy retroactively impeached. I'm
going through all these emails as quickly as I can. I should get to
yours in a couple of days. A week at the latest. In the meantime, do
not wait to load your own. Buy everything you can get your hands on
before all the gun shops sell out. The cull is here, get ready NOW!
This is not a drill.

Gunner

----

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 8:51:44 AM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:

snipped

Gunner

---

Gunner, I tried to send you a PM concerning some questions I have about reloading some .30-06 rifle cartridges. I'm new at it and you seem to know your way around the issue. Did you get it?

Garrett Fulton

I got an email, with nothing in it.
I responded with suggestion you try again.

If you like..we can do it here. We know this works (Grin)

Gunner

---

It's a short list of some things I'm a little confused about and I'd rather send it to your private email than clog up r.c.m. with it. I'm zerousair at yahoo dot com.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 8:51:44 AM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:

snipped

Gunner

---

Gunner, I tried to send you a PM concerning some questions I have about reloading some .30-06 rifle cartridges. I'm new at it and you seem to know your way around the issue. Did you get it?

Garrett Fulton

It may be buried among the many, MANY emails from Patriot news lists
I'm subscribed to.

Geez, we didn't know you were such a football fan.

As you may know, the country is in a humongous
crisis right now. President Trump has announced the fact that Obammy
tapped his phones. All the Patriot groups are issuing calls to action
to have the traitor Barack HIESANE Obammy retroactively impeached.

HAHAHAHA!! ho..ho...gasp

I'm
going through all these emails as quickly as I can. I should get to
yours in a couple of days. A week at the latest. In the meantime, do
not wait to load your own. Buy everything you can get your hands on
before all the gun shops sell out. The cull is here, get ready NOW!
This is not a drill.

It's more like a toothache. The head of the FBI asked the Justice Dept. to tell Trump he's full of **** today. Stay tuned.

Gunner

Do you realize that you could have an actual job if you devoted all that time to working instead of jerking off with your nutball friends?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 9:43:01 PM UTC-5, Gunner Asche wrote:

It may be buried among the many, MANY emails from Patriot news lists
I'm subscribed to. As you may know, the country is in a humongous
crisis right now.

Your really are pathological, aren't you.

President Trump has announced the fact that Obammy
tapped his phones.

For some very weird definition of "fact."

All the Patriot groups are issuing calls to action
to have the traitor Barack HIESANE Obammy retroactively impeached.

Somewhat less likely than getting you retroactively aborted.

I'm
going through all these emails as quickly as I can. I should get to
yours in a couple of days. A week at the latest.

IOW, don't hold your breath.

In the meantime, do
not wait to load your own. Buy everything you can get your hands on
before all the gun shops sell out. The cull is here, get ready NOW!
This is not a drill.

Gumball, just let me know when to expect the helicopter ninjas. I'l put on a fresh pot of coffee.

Gunner

----

What you need to do is have your brain checked for spiders. You are seriously nuts.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 16:54:58 -0800 (PST), Garrett Fulton
wrote:

zerousair at yahoo dot com

Message going out to you in a moment

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That message was not from me. Just a heads up.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It has to do "grains", not grams. Other than that..the small
electronic scales do work well enough.

If you are yard saleing...always keep an eye open for bullet molds,
reloading equipment, powder, primers and bullets. One will
occasionally find such, particularly in yard sales by widows. If you
have the slightest hint/idea that someone in the home was a
shooter/hunter/gun owner...ask if they have any such stuff for sale.
Its surprising how much stuff turns up, that the owner never thought
to sell. Same with guns. A large percentage of my toys came from
such. No sons to inherit, Da's Garand or Mauser has been tucked away
in the back of a closet since the 80s.

I think I've only seen 1 or 2 reloading parts at garbadj sales in 40
years. And the couple sets of reloading stations were eBayleftist
priced, $350-500. I rather doubt I'll get into reloading, but if I
did see a Lee Loader at $10 in a relevant caliber, I might grab it.

A pound of powder, a couple hundred primers, a box or two of bullets
or cast bullets (need cast..simply ask), brass and a Lee Loader will
set you back about $50-65 for a few hundred rounds of ammo. Go to
Wally World and buy 200 rds of say...30-30 or 06 and try to do that
for $65. Try to do that for $100...

Just saying...it can be really really cheap to reload decent ammo.
Given that factory ammo even at Wally World costs at minimum $18-40
for 20 rds of whatever rifle ammo...shrug.

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Goodness gracious, Whatever do you want all them there bullets for?

I ask as my granddad had two 20 round boxes in the kitchen drawer that
lasted him 30 years and he shot his deer every fall. You, on the other
hand talk about shooting at a stump and need hundreds of rounds. Quite
obviously you are either a terrible bad shot or you just like to hear
the noise.

I would imagine that a string of Chinese firecrackers would be a far
cheaper noise maker and ought to prove satisfactory to someone that
just wants to go "bang, bang, bang".
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The conversion figure for that: 1 grain ~64.79891 (65?) mg.
1 Gram = 15.4323584 Grains, so the one which resolves to 0.01g would
be the way to go. That might not be a bad $5 eBay item to grab, JIC.

[...]

Where, though?

Just saying...it can be really really cheap to reload decent ammo.
Given that factory ammo even at Wally World costs at minimum $18-40
for 20 rds of whatever rifle ammo...shrug.

Given a stock of components, sure it can be cheap. Components are
very much overpriced right about now, though. .22 ammo is going for
more than 7.62 rounds, IF you can find either. Who'd have guessed
that?

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.
-- Louis L'Amour
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Shooting morbidly obese Canadians takes many rounds of ammo just to
bust through the many layers of goop.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

A gun show would be a good start for that kind of gear. Ebay is a
bit pricy and they dont sell powder or primers.

Just saying...it can be really really cheap to reload decent ammo.
Given that factory ammo even at Wally World costs at minimum $18-40
for 20 rds of whatever rifle ammo...shrug.

Given a stock of components, sure it can be cheap. Components are
very much overpriced right about now, though. .22 ammo is going for
more than 7.62 rounds, IF you can find either. Who'd have guessed
that?

Which is why Ive not done much shooting in the past 4-5 yrs and have
been keeping my powders and primer stocks up. Im not shooting the 35k
rds a yr I used to do in competition

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 10:05:10 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Ive had all my preps in place for decades.

LOL You can't even pay your regular bills. What kind of
"conservative" claims to be spending on frivolities instead of paying
taxes? The phony, impotent kind, of course.

What email? Anyway, your posts DO contain a virus - mental pollution.
But it only infects those whose minds are already ****ed like yours,
and they deserve to suffer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Good Gracious! Several rounds to penetrate... What are you using a Red
Rider BB gun?

I think you should fall back on the Chinese firecrackers. The same
penetration ad all that lovely noise.
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Gunner is just the deviant and depraved sort of gun owner who has come to dominate the hunting/target shooting/collecting conversation of which I was a part for 50 years. His interest is primarily in fulfilling his fantasy of killing the people he blames for his own failings.

This has become a common type in the gun-owning community. There are plenty of us old-time gun owners left, but we don't yabber about our interests nearly as much. So the Gunners are the noisy face of gun owning in the US.

They are the dirtbag gun nutz. They're where gun ownership, and the legitimate traditions therof, have gone to die.

It is a whole different world :-(

I can remember when "going to the range" was to check out the new
modification to your varmint rifle to see if it would shoot 1/4" inch
groups.

Of course my grandfather who had killed his deer, or maybe more than
his share some years, probably never went to a shooting range in his
life and (depending on how active the game warden was) probably fired
one, or maybe a couple more, rounds a year from his Winchester 38-55.

Now, apparently, "shooting" is about making a lot of noise, thus the
comments about Chinese firecrackers.
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ayup..AP-Tracer rounds are illegal in California ..so I dont have
many. So we dont have the option of buring a tracer deep enough for
the fat to burst into flames.

But...come on by and Ill demonstrate how Molotov cocktails work. That
might cause your obesity to melt enough to start to burn.

Got my address?

Good Gracious..come on by. Call first though.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You and Fast Eddy sure do make a lot of noise.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Oh Great. You made enough money this week to buy a quart of gasoline?
Things must be looking up out your way.

But API rounds for your Red Rider BB Gun? I don't believe it.

Ah well, what else has an impoverished and feeble old man have left.
Except for his fantasies?
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Certainly... and, obviously, we hit the target, don't we.
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Only if you are tossing **** at each other. Anything else...no...no
you dont.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Nope. We are throwing **** at you.... and you are catching it.

But I guess when one gets old and feeble and has to live on charity
there isn't much else one can do. Is there?
--
Cheers,

Schweik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Sad but true. When someone tells the truth about you about all you can
do is grin and bear it.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
You and Fast Eddy sure do make a lot of noise.

Certainly... and, obviously, we hit the target, don't we.

Only if you are tossing **** at each other. Anything else...no...no
you dont.

PDFTFT

--
The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work until it's opened.
--Frank Zappa
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Snicker....your aim is as poor as your intellect. (VBG)

But I guess when one gets old and feeble and has to live on charity
there isn't much else one can do. Is there?

Good question indeed. But given how hard you try to hide...its
unlikely we will ever find out.

(VBG)

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Hide? Just like old gumball asche? Certainly.

(VBG)

I should hope so. After all when you are outed what else can you do
but sit there with a sickly grin on your face?

But I thought you were bragging about your trip to L.A. and the two
twenty dollar bills you were going to make.?

Forty dollars? For a week's work? Good Lord! That is a dollar an
hour... I haven't worked that cheap since I was 16 years old. I've
heard about penny ante operators but you really take the cake.

--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Using a nym is hiding?

Everyone knows my full name is Mark R Wieber, 326 Olive Ave, Taft,
California.

So who are you?

Laugh laugh laugh!!!

(VBG)

I should hope so. After all when you are outed what else can you do
but sit there with a sickly grin on your face?

But I thought you were bragging about your trip to L.A. and the two
twenty dollar bills you were going to make.?

Forty dollars? For a week's work? Good Lord! That is a dollar an
hour... I haven't worked that cheap since I was 16 years old. I've
heard about penny ante operators but you really take the cake.

$40? I grossed $1600 last week.

Oh..you were lying again. But hey..thats no surprise, now is it?

Laugh laugh laugh!!!!

---