Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Inside the AHP AlphaTig 200x

I stumbled upon one of my old bookmarks for the AHP AlphaTig 200x. Eric
mentioned looking inside his new Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 awhile
back and that it looked clean and solid. I couldn't find/remember where
I had seen these images at the time...

About half way down the following page one of the guys took pictures
with the covers off. Kind of interesting. Looks a lot more like the
inside of a high power stereo rather than a welder...

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...ig-200x/page15

I'd still like to see inside the Lincoln for myself...

I need some of you that aren't using eternal.september to quote this.
Otherwise I don't think Eric will see it...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 13/01/17 20:17, Leon Fisk wrote:
I stumbled upon one of my old bookmarks for the AHP AlphaTig 200x. Eric
mentioned looking inside his new Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 awhile
back and that it looked clean and solid. I couldn't find/remember where
I had seen these images at the time...

About half way down the following page one of the guys took pictures
with the covers off. Kind of interesting. Looks a lot more like the
inside of a high power stereo rather than a welder...

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...ig-200x/page15

I'd still like to see inside the Lincoln for myself...

I need some of you that aren't using eternal.september to quote this.
Otherwise I don't think Eric will see it...

That AHP certainly looks messy inside compared to my Hitachi GP2 200A
TIG welder. I bought the Hitachi new back in 1998 and still going
strong. I seem to remember seeing the Lincoln pics but not sure where
they are now.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 20:44:30 +0000
David Billington wrote:

[...]

The Lincoln I'm referencing is pretty new and was hard to get. I
haven't checked availability lately. Curious more than anything. I
would like to "play" with one but don't really need one... See:

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...incolnElectric)

I searched the net pretty hard maybe 2-3 months ago for any kind of
info picturing the insides and/or schematics. Didn't find diddly
squat...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I didn't post any pics of the inside of the Lincoln so you'll have to
take my word that it looks better inside than the AHP. One thing that
really impressed me was how the cooling air was routed. Lincoln made
sure that the heat sinks have plenty of cooling air flowing across
them. And as we all know semiconductors like running cool. They last
much longer. I was surprised at first at just how strong the fan is in
the Lincoln. My old Lincoln SP125+ MIG welder has a much smaller fan.
and the machines are pretty much the same size and weight. But then
the SP125+ isn't an inverter machine.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 3:17:18 PM UTC-5, Leon Fisk wrote:
I stumbled upon one of my old bookmarks for the AHP AlphaTig 200x. Eric
mentioned looking inside his new Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 awhile
back and that it looked clean and solid. I couldn't find/remember where
I had seen these images at the time...

About half way down the following page one of the guys took pictures
with the covers off. Kind of interesting. Looks a lot more like the
inside of a high power stereo rather than a welder...

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...ig-200x/page15

I'd still like to see inside the Lincoln for myself...

I need some of you that aren't using eternal.september to quote this.
Otherwise I don't think Eric will see it...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Remove no.spam for email

I've got an older Lincoln Square Wave 175 and it's insides appear more neatly made than that AHP to me also. I recently had to send the circuit board out for repair. Had more than enough test equip. and background to fix the thing, but good luck finding a schematic for one anywhere. If anyone knows of a source of Lincoln circuit board schematics, I'd sure appreciate them posting it here.

Garrett Fulton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Garrett Fulton" wrote in message
[...]

============================
Where to and how much?

Wiggling connectors fixed the problem with my 175.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 06:39:50 -0800 (PST)
Garrett Fulton wrote:

snip
I've got an older Lincoln Square Wave 175 and it's insides
appear more neatly made than that AHP to me also. I
recently had to send the circuit board out for repair. Had
more than enough test equip. and background to fix the
thing, but good luck finding a schematic for one anywhere.
If anyone knows of a source of Lincoln circuit board
schematics, I'd sure appreciate them posting it here.

Garrett, is this a good email address? May have something for you to
look at.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 1:00:54 PM UTC-5, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 06:39:50 -0800 (PST)
Garrett Fulton wrote:

snip
I've got an older Lincoln Square Wave 175 and it's insides
appear more neatly made than that AHP to me also. I
recently had to send the circuit board out for repair. Had
more than enough test equip. and background to fix the
thing, but good luck finding a schematic for one anywhere.
If anyone knows of a source of Lincoln circuit board
schematics, I'd sure appreciate them posting it here.

Garrett, is this a good email address? May have something for you to
look at.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Remove no.spam for email

No, Jim, it wasn't a connection problem. Went through all that over the phone with Lincoln. I've forgotten who did the repair and can't locate the paperwork. Found them with an internet search. Lincoln tech. support were helpful, but wouldn't give me the schematic nor would the place that repaired the circuit board. "Proprietary". Mr. Fisk, yes it's a good email address and thanks for any information.

Garrett Fulton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Switching power and control transistors everywhere makes an old Iron TIG
look like a stick welder - which most do. This tig - didn't look it up -
might not be a stick welder as well.

Plasma - portable machines are like this - light weight and run off a
gas bottle of N2 not air. Nice for off site. Nice to keep dry and
pure. Better torch beam and longer lasting.

Martin

The rain got inside John Black UK diy 21 May 3rd 12 01:14 PM
It's hot inside!!! WILLIAM21[_3_] Home Repair 2 May 16th 09 07:19 PM
It's hot inside!!! Dave-Morris[_3_] Home Repair 11 May 16th 09 04:55 PM
window getting wet from inside Doug Miller Home Repair 64 December 16th 05 06:04 PM
Inside or Out Woodborg Woodturning 7 November 20th 05 12:28 PM