Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DoAll Vertical bandsaw help please

Everybody,
I have a DoAll 16 inch bandfiler that someone converted to a band saw.
It needs new tires which I have and am replacing this weekend. But
there is a larger problem with the table that needs correcting. The
table doesn't have the replaceable plate that all vertical bansaws
have that when popped out of the table allows easy blade replacement.
So I need to machine a recess for this disc and would love to see a
dimensioned picture of a 16" bandsaw table to see where the plate
goes. The outside dimensions or diameter and thickness of the plate
would be nice too. Can anyone help? You can send me an email, I always
post with my real address.
Thanks a Bunch,
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Everybody,
I have a DoAll 16 inch bandfiler that someone converted to a band
saw.
It needs new tires which I have and am replacing this weekend. But
there is a larger problem with the table that needs correcting. The
table doesn't have the replaceable plate that all vertical bansaws
have that when popped out of the table allows easy blade
replacement.
So I need to machine a recess for this disc and would love to see a
dimensioned picture of a 16" bandsaw table to see where the plate
goes. The outside dimensions or diameter and thickness of the plate
would be nice too. Can anyone help? You can send me an email, I
always
post with my real address.
Thanks a Bunch,
Eric

I think it's a disk only to permit milling the recess in the table
with a boring head or shell mill. On my wood bandsaw a roll pin at one
edge keeps it from rotating.

Before you saw the slot in the table, you could drill and tap
horizontally into the edge for a setscrew, centered where it will be.
By engaging both sides the setscrew restores some of the stiffness
lost to the cut.

--jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 21:19:17 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 17:09:30 -0800, wrote:

Everybody,
I have a DoAll 16 inch bandfiler that someone converted to a band saw.
It needs new tires which I have and am replacing this weekend. But
there is a larger problem with the table that needs correcting. The
table doesn't have the replaceable plate that all vertical bansaws
have that when popped out of the table allows easy blade replacement.
So I need to machine a recess for this disc and would love to see a
dimensioned picture of a 16" bandsaw table to see where the plate
goes. The outside dimensions or diameter and thickness of the plate
would be nice too. Can anyone help? You can send me an email, I always
post with my real address.
Thanks a Bunch,
Eric

My 16" DoAll ML has a 1/2 x 1 x 12-1/2 flat bar that fits in an
upside-down t-slot in the table. No disc -- the bar extends from the
front of the table to about 1/2" beyond the back side of the blade and
has a short slot for the blade at the inboard end.

Doesn't sound like what you have in mind, but if it is, let me know
and I'll send a drawing and pics.

Thanks for the reply Ned. My saw table is different in that the slot
comes in at the side, perpendicular to the blade. I took the table off
yesterday and it cannot be turned 90 degrees. Otherwise my table is
just like yours.
Eric