Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Antarctic Sea Ice Has Not Shrunk In 100 Years OT

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 4:45:28 PM UTC-5, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 26/11/2016 12:31 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 11/25/2016 4:25 PM, Dechucka wrote:
What has sea ice got to do with anything

One might ask the same thing about your fixation on the U.S. Electoral
College.

IF all the sea ice melted, perhaps ocean levels would rise enough
to drown the Democrats in Los Angeles and New York City,

**If you knew anything about science (which you clearly do not), then
you'd realise that the melting of sea ice will cause minimal rise in sea
levels (due solely to the thermal expansion of the water, due to
temperature rise). The REAL problem will come when all the ice melts on
land areas, like Greenland and Antarctica. Around 15 Metres of rise from
Greenland and at least another 60 Metres (yes SIXTY METRES) of sea level
rise from Antarctic ice. Democrats and Republicans alike will be in deep
****.

so (getting
back to t.p.guns where I'm reading this from) there wouldn't be enough
hoplophobes around anymore to interfere with the Second Amendment.

**What is a "hoplophobe"? The word appears to be one that has been
manufactured by someone to imply something which does not exist in reality.

That's someone who has an irrational fear of Hopalong Cassidy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopalong_Cassidy

(Actually, it's a term made up by Jeff Cooper, a gun-nutz' icon, to describe someone who fears firearms. But Coop said that it was tongue-in-cheek, and it really, literally, means "one who fears shields." Close enough, I suppose.)

Or if sea ice isn't retreating like the climate change Chicken Little
Alarmists keep boo-hooing,

*By "alarmists", I presume you mean those scientists who study the
climate of this planet? If you can prove them wrong, present your data.
I'm pretty certain there's a Nobel Prize in it for you, if you can
refute what every single climatologist on the planet tells us. The
planet is warming. Fast. And humans are the cause.

perhaps people will realize it's all a scam,
and stop believing some of the other stuff the left is bandying about.

**By "left", I presume you meant to say "ALL the climatologists on the
planet"? I had, perhaps mistakenly, assumed that many scientists were
also Republicans. I guess, according to you, that is incorrect. Makes
sense, given the scientific ignoramus that Republican voters have just
made POTUS.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Trevor, this is a post-factual newsgroup. You're wasting your time. Most of the climate-change characters probably didn't make it through high school physics.

--
Ed Huntress