Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1 in 100 (or more) is not productive

I'm abandoning the usegroups. I've been a member of at least two or three
boards continually since 1987, but the ratio of useful to junk posts has
risen to at least 1:100... maybe higher.

To a few of my friends who do post useful stuff (like Bob L...) I'll see
you on the boards we collaborate on.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 19:32:14 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

I'm abandoning the usegroups. I've been a member of at least two or three
boards continually since 1987, but the ratio of useful to junk posts has
risen to at least 1:100... maybe higher.

That's not much of a problem if you've filtered the crap out. I think
I lose about 90% of the bulk. A lot of good stuff still shows up
here, IMHO.

To a few of my friends who do post useful stuff (like Bob L...) I'll see
you on the boards we collaborate on.

Bye, Lloyd. We'll miss your input.

--
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you
have earned, but it is not greed to want take someone else's money.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 20-Nov-16 9:32 AM, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
I'm abandoning the usegroups. I've been a member of at least two or three
boards continually since 1987, but the ratio of useful to junk posts has
risen to at least 1:100... maybe higher.

To a few of my friends who do post useful stuff (like Bob L...) I'll see
you on the boards we collaborate on.

Lloyd

Lloyd & others - any chance of pointing me in the direction of some of
the better forums?
Thanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 9:42:25 PM UTC-5, Larry Jaques wrote:

(snipped)

Bye, Lloyd. We'll miss your input.

Yes, we will. And you can piggyback me onto Ozzie's request.

Garrett

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-11-20, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I'm abandoning the usegroups. I've been a member of at least two or three
boards continually since 1987, but the ratio of useful to junk posts has
risen to at least 1:100... maybe higher.

To a few of my friends who do post useful stuff (like Bob L...) I'll see
you on the boards we collaborate on.

I ignore all crossposts, and the result is a lively small forum.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-11-20, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I'm abandoning the usegroups. I've been a member of at least two or
three
boards continually since 1987, but the ratio of useful to junk posts has
risen to at least 1:100... maybe higher.

To a few of my friends who do post useful stuff (like Bob L...) I'll see
you on the boards we collaborate on.

I ignore all crossposts, and the result is a lively small forum.

Filtering on subject keywords also works.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 4.170...
I'm abandoning the usegroups. I've been a member of at least two or three
boards continually since 1987, but the ratio of useful to junk posts has
risen to at least 1:100... maybe higher.

To a few of my friends who do post useful stuff (like Bob L...) I'll see
you on the boards we collaborate on.

Lloyd

Awwwww! We are friends. Thank you.

Sorry to see you go from this group Lloyd. The SNR is pretty bad here, but
the number of people and the array of knowledge on this groups is pretty
wide. Still not another group like it anywhere on the web.

I was thinking of posting my cross drill/tap/broach design here after I
break the first prototype or two.