Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gradual failure of gas grill regulator

pyotr filipivich wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 4 Sep 2016
15:42:57 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 13:50:10 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
pyotr filipivich wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 3 Sep 2016
03:12:07 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Larry Jaques wrote:
Fun story. I've never had that problem because my BBQs rust out
before the regulator can go bad. They're just $25 tabletop models
since I'm single, but they can handle a 5# teriyaki pork loin roast
pretty easily, or 6 petite sirloins. I always buy large qtys, cook it
all up, and freeze what I can't eat during a week in the fridge.

I'm afraid to ask, but why do you spend a week in the fridge?

Maybe he's just chillin'?

He's always doing that, now that he's retired.

I ain't no chillun. I's all growed up.

And out? ;-)

Isn't that what they mean by "Middle Aged" - you've stopped
growing up, and now are growing "out"?

Maybe for some people, but we are talking about Larry. ;-).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Fun story. I've never had that problem because my BBQs rust out
before the regulator can go bad. They're just $25 tabletop models
since I'm single, but they can handle a 5# teriyaki pork loin roast
pretty easily, or 6 petite sirloins. I always buy large qtys, cook it
all up, and freeze what I can't eat during a week in the fridge.

I'm afraid to ask, but why do you spend a week in the fridge?

Maybe he's just chillin'?

He's always doing that, now that he's retired.

I ain't no chillun. I's all growed up.

And out? ;-)

A bit. I graduated high school weighing 192 and am now 215.
You?

I was around 180, and I kept that weight until I was stuck in bed
for about two full years. My weight slowly climbed to 297 pounds,
because I was too ill to walk more than a few steps. I didn't know that
I was diabetic, so the weight just piled up. I have lost 50 pounds and I
am working to lose more of it. It isn't easy, when you walk with a
cane, and even then, not well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

So, no more 400 situps and 150 Jumping Jacks in the morning, eh?
Me, either.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

70+ years ago we went swimming May 1st whether there was ice in the
lake or not, just so long as the water was open at our swimming
hole
near the outlet.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

I went swimming in a partly frozen lake on a warm day in early May to
see how far I could swim to save someone. The answer was not far at
all, certainly not 50 yards if even 50 feet. My skin was too numb to
really feel the cold but I also couldn't grab a rope or walk out
easily.
--jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 00:00:54 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 4 Sep 2016 15:41:56 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Without even bringing this customized armless swivel recliner upright
I just turned and grabbed a slice of honey ham from the fridge.

After our usual arctic January and February the temperature of a
fridge is beach weather. As a kid I went swimming in the 40F North

The fridge is on the other end of the house, so I have to get up and
walk there an back. It cuts down on snacking by 70% or more. I had a
fridge in my room at several different places, when I was healthy. I go
to bed hungry, quite often, to keep my blood sugar where it belongs.

I worked outside at -20 in a tee shirt and fatigue pants, after a
winter that was rarely above -40. My metabolism was running wide open.

I've worked here in a tee shirt at the freezing point. Once I warm
up, I sweat if I have sleeves or jacket on. I've always needed the
reverse of a vest. My torso is warm from the work, but my arms got
cold. My main jacket for work was a simple, unlined windbreaker.
When you just stand around, your metabolism drops and you need a real
jacket, but if you work, your metabolism warms you up in a hurry. I
think the average human body puts out 300w of heat on a regular basis,
much more when working.

70+ years ago we went swimming May 1st whether there was ice in the
lake or not, just so long as the water was open at our swimming hole
near the outlet.

That's just nuckin' futs. It's as bad as running naked of the sauna
and jumping into a snow bank. Silly Darwinist Northerners.
"How many times can we do this before our hearts explode?"

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that
I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as
I have received and am still receiving.
-- Albert Einstein

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

...I
think the average human body puts out 300w of heat on a regular
basis,
much more when working.

It's around 300 BTU. 341 BTU/hr = 100 W.

https://www.gohvacsales.com/static_d...eople_load.pdf

--jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 07:23:35 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

...I
think the average human body puts out 300w of heat on a regular
basis,
much more when working.

It's around 300 BTU. 341 BTU/hr = 100 W.

88w, OK.

https://www.gohvacsales.com/static_d...eople_load.pdf

Thanks for the correction, as it had been quite awhile since I read
that. Interesting link. Thanks, Hardi. From 260 sleeping to 2000
BTU/hr working/swimming is quite a range.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that
I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as
I have received and am still receiving.
-- Albert Einstein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

...I
think the average human body puts out 300w of heat on a regular
basis,
much more when working.

It's around 300 BTU. 341 BTU/hr = 100 W.

88w, OK.

https://www.gohvacsales.com/static_d...eople_load.pdf

Thanks for the correction, as it had been quite awhile since I read
that. Interesting link. Thanks, Hardi. From 260 sleeping to 2000
BTU/hr working/swimming is quite a range.

I learned 100W per person as a rule of thumb for the heat a seated
audience generates, to judge how to set the heating or cooling before
a performance.
https://www.controlbooth.com/threads...theater.22939/

Then there's Summer Stock theatre in an old barn with no heating or
cooling. Glad I wasn't under the hot lights on stage! (I was operating
them from the booth).

--jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

So, no more 400 situps and 150 Jumping Jacks in the morning, eh?
Me, either.

I've never tried for that many, of either. I got enough exercise
working.