Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One-handed pullups

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 2:13:18 PM UTC-4, Harold McKinney wrote:
"Though I tried a fast rep of 25 pull ups [chortle] and started getting
some chest pressure at 20 [chortle], yesterday. I cant do more than
about 5 one handed pull ups anymore..sigh..old age is creeping up."

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...o/rOC-Y63ENh8J

A scant three years later:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...22097241260450

gummer has never done even a single one-handed pullup, of course.
gummer has never been able to do 25 pullups. At age 53, 210 lb, gummer
couldn't do *one* two-handed pullup.

Altho 5 1-armed pullups is quite a feat and ergo a bit of a claim, mutha****as out there are banging out 20 of them, as per the vid I posted.
And probably quite a few can do 1. Altho S/W ratio is probably a big factor..

But not always.
I was in a machine shop, showing off my HoloBarre ****, and a software guy waddled in, so friggin fat his body moved in 8 different directions while he waddled along. He made the Michelin man look slim, at LEAST 350 lbs at 5'8", probably 400++.
So he asks if the barre could hold him, and ahm thinkin, Yeah, right, like you could even hang from it....

This mutha****a then proceeded to bang out full chinups, and I stopped counting at 15, and he wasn't even tired!!!
I don't think I'll ever recover from that incident, cuz if someone were to have bet me on that, I'da lost everything I owned, cuz I'da bet everything I owned, for a quick profit.

Keep in mind that bodybuilders don't like doing chinups, and many powerlifters can't do them!! S/W ratio....

Turns out the guy was Israeli Mossad way back, an expert in like 9 martial arts, but with health problems. But clearly without muscle problems. Holy ****... pity the foo' that tries to mug this guy.

So you dumb****s can do your liar liar pants on fire thing, and yeah, mebbe some of Gummer's stuff is a stretch, but stranger things have happened. You dumb****s are too ignerint to even know what IS possible, but it doesn't even matter bec you are so deadset in the name-calling. Methinks there is a lot of projecting going on.

Get a fukn Life, ferchrissakes.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2015 7:12 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 2:13:18 PM UTC-4, Harold McKinney wrote:
"Though I tried a fast rep of 25 pull ups [chortle] and started getting
some chest pressure at 20 [chortle], yesterday. I cant do more than
about 5 one handed pull ups anymore..sigh..old age is creeping up."

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...o/rOC-Y63ENh8J

A scant three years later:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...22097241260450

gummer has never done even a single one-handed pullup, of course.
gummer has never been able to do 25 pullups. At age 53, 210 lb, gummer
couldn't do *one* two-handed pullup.

Altho 5 1-armed pullups is quite a feat and ergo a bit of a claim, mutha****as out there are banging out 20 of them, as per the vid I posted.

Sure...but not all in one scoop, and not at 53 years of age and 210 lb.