Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Zoro

Does anyone have good/bad experience ordering from Zoro, which is
apparently connected to Grainger?
http://www.zoro.com/?gclid=CMK7ppvO7...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 07:21:49 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Does anyone have good/bad experience ordering from Zoro, which is
apparently connected to Grainger?
http://www.zoro.com/?gclid=CMK7ppvO7...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

-jsw

Never heard of them before.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 7:21:02 AM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
Does anyone have good/bad experience ordering from Zoro, which is
apparently connected to Grainger?
http://www.zoro.com/?gclid=CMK7ppvO7...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

-jsw

Bought some drill cases from them, sep. fractional, number, to augment my gonzo Huot fract/number/letter case, with extra bottom drawer. I think the Zoro's were Huot as well.
Had the best price, timely delivery, but came damaged, rectangle -- rhomboid, proly from rough handling in delivery.
Was pretty annoyed, but easy enough to bang back in shape that I didn't make a stink about it, so I don't know how they would have responded.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have some experience. They ship promptly and sell what is
advertised.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Does anyone have good/bad experience ordering from Zoro, which is
apparently connected to Grainger?
http://www.zoro.com/?gclid=CMK7ppvO7...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've been buying things from Zoro through eBay for a little over a
year now. One problem, but only a small thing. Some pipe hangers
were pulled from the wrong box. Zoro said "Keep those, we'll pick and
ship the correct ones today. Someone at the warehouse had put just 4
of the wrong items in the bin, so the problem has been corrected here
now." The replacements came in a week.

In any case, I like Zoro. Check for the item on eBay first. Prices
are even better than in their catalog. Free shipping on orders of $50
or more.

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Does anyone have good/bad experience ordering from Zoro, which
is
apparently connected to Grainger?
http://www.zoro.com/?gclid=CMK7ppvO7...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've been buying things from Zoro through eBay for a little over a
year now. One problem, but only a small thing. Some pipe hangers
were pulled from the wrong box. Zoro said "Keep those, we'll pick
and
ship the correct ones today. Someone at the warehouse had put just
4
of the wrong items in the bin, so the problem has been corrected
here
now." The replacements came in a week.

In any case, I like Zoro. Check for the item on eBay first. Prices
are even better than in their catalog. Free shipping on orders of
$50
or more.

They asked for a company name. Do they really care if you are a
hobbyist?

Grainger has given me trouble about that in the past if I wasn't
wearing an ID badge.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 07/22/2015 10:28 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

They asked for a company name. Do they really care if you are a
hobbyist?

Grainger has given me trouble about that in the past if I wasn't
wearing an ID badge.

I never had any problem w/ Grainger and OTC sales as individual; can't
speak of what they try to do on web site but unless you're required to
have a D&B rating or somesuch, how're they to know? Fill out whatever
forms with whatever they require even if it's just you and a DBA
designation; there's no implication unless you try to avoid tax as
reseller or the like.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
Does anyone have good/bad experience ordering from Zoro, which is
apparently connected to Grainger?
http://www.zoro.com/?gclid=CMK7ppvO7...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

-jsw

They are a Grainger run outfit . About like MSC and Enco.

Prices are usually lower than Grainger for the same product.
I like to go to the Grainger site/catalog and find the item, then punch
the number into the Zoro search and see if they have it cheaper, 99% of
the time they do.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:28:57 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

2 decades ago, I had to print up a fake business card to get access to
purchases at Grainger. Zoro just sells to anyone, I believe.

Did you check your luck on eBay yet?

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Does anyone have good/bad experience ordering from Zoro, which is
apparently connected to Grainger?
http://www.zoro.com/?gclid=CMK7ppvO7...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

-jsw

I've bought from them several times on Ebay. UPS lost one item, and
they shipped a replacement once UPS admitted they lost the item.

This is what they lost, a 38" tall electrical box:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SQUARE-D-MH38-NEMA-1-Enclosure-/321498764290