Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Donald Trump: John McCain "has done nothing to help vets." False.

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/statu...792257/photo/1
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 2:29:24 PM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "John Doe" failed:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 12:57:42 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/statu...792257/photo/1

==========================
Jon:

What is the alternative? Many problems continue to exist
with the V. A. and indeed this may well be an agency that
can't be fixed because of its organizational
culture/attitude. Like so many other long tenure
agencies/departments/bureaus its continued existence and
expansion has become more important to it than the mission
it was established to accomplish.

One specific alternative I suggested is to *GRADUALLY*
transfer some specific tasking from the V. A. to what are
currently more responsive and appropriate agencies, and
revise the eligibility requirements. I attach a letter I
sent to my Congressional Representatives a few days ago.

What do the Vets on this news group that are using [or
trying to use] the V. A. think of this specific proposal?

*********** My Letter to Congress **********

***** V. A. r e d u x *****

To:
Senator Roberts
Senator Moran
Representative Jenkins
Representative Pompeo

From:
Dr. George McDuffee

Date:
Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Subject:
Continuing V. A. abuse/neglect of our veterans

Ref:
http://tinyurl.com/pn69c3j
“WASHINGTON -- More than 238,000 of the 847,000 veterans in
the pending backlog for health care through the Department
of Veterans Affairs have already died, according to an
internal VA document provided to The Huffington Post. “

I know that you are concerned with the treatment of our
veterans, but all attempts to correct the problems with the
V. A. have failed. It is therefore suggested that the
following palliative measures be legislatively imposed:

(1) Transfer the record keeping and payment tasking for
medical benefits from the V. A. to Medicare, with the costs
and reasonable service charges transferred from the V. A.
budget to the Medicare budget, allowing the veterans to
access local health care providers and facilities. The
benefits/coverage should remain what was promised by the V.
A.

(2) A prima facie assumption should be imposed that all
veterans applying for V. A. medical care are immediately
entitled to it, with the V. A. allowed 60 days to disprove a
claim. If a claim is found to be invalid within the 60 day
window, the individual should not be required to reimburse
the V. A. for any funds already disbursed to a medical
service provider, because in most cases medical care would
still have been rendered at tax payer expense, albeit from a
different agency account, e. g. state medicaid. In this age
of the Web and Internet, it only take a few seconds to
verify claimed military service using the individual's
serial or social security numbers, with fingerprint ID
requiring at most a few more hours.

******* end of letter ******

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"