Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default This arm would be fun to scale up for a home shop:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351193599577
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351193599577

Maybe. But that big mess of linkages will inevitably* introduce some slop
into the tool position. I'd rather move the actuator out onto the arm near
the joint that it is controlling.

*Unless you spend a bundle on high quality ball joints.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351193599577

Maybe. But that big mess of linkages will inevitably* introduce some slop
into the tool position. I'd rather move the actuator out onto the arm near
the joint that it is controlling.

*Unless you spend a bundle on high quality ball joints.

Half the fun is finding a better way to do the job.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351193599577

Maybe. But that big mess of linkages will inevitably* introduce some slop
into the tool position. I'd rather move the actuator out onto the arm near
the joint that it is controlling.

*Unless you spend a bundle on high quality ball joints.

Half the fun is finding a better way to do the job.

Real industrial robots of all shapes and sizes seem to show up surplus
fairly regularly. They will of course provide much better precision and
rigidity than something like the toy noted.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Real industrial robots of all shapes and sizes seem to show up surplus
fairly regularly. They will of course provide much better precision and
rigidity than something like the toy noted.

I got a welding robot with a dead control for $2 at an auction last
spring. haven't done anything with it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-10-16, Karl Townsend wrote:

Real industrial robots of all shapes and sizes seem to show up surplus
fairly regularly. They will of course provide much better precision and
rigidity than something like the toy noted.

I got a welding robot with a dead control for $2 at an auction last
spring. haven't done anything with it.

I hate you!

These are 50 taper machines:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...9&rfp b=0#Top

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...8&rfp b=0#Top

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351193599577

Maybe. But that big mess of linkages will inevitably* introduce some slop
into the tool position. I'd rather move the actuator out onto the arm near
the joint that it is controlling.

*Unless you spend a bundle on high quality ball joints.

Half the fun is finding a better way to do the job.

Real industrial robots of all shapes and sizes seem to show up surplus
fairly regularly. They will of course provide much better precision and
rigidity than something like the toy noted.

That's fine, if you have the money and space for them.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.