Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mitutogo....

I have occasional need for a test indicator at work, but once again
don't want to spend a lot as I have several that will get here
eventually. Searching eBay.au, I found several carrying the name
Mitutogo, complete with a box that mimics Mitutoyo's.
I chose one that had no mfg name visible on the dial. A whopping $13.10
including shipping to AU. Arrived today, and it turned out to be the
Mitutogo brand. Have to say, for $13, I'm pretty impressed. It's not as
smooth as a quality test indicator, but hey, the price is right, and
it's more than good enough for the work I'm doing.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:49:03 +1100, Jon Anderson
wrote:

I have occasional need for a test indicator at work, but once again
don't want to spend a lot as I have several that will get here
eventually. Searching eBay.au, I found several carrying the name
Mitutogo, complete with a box that mimics Mitutoyo's.
I chose one that had no mfg name visible on the dial. A whopping $13.10
including shipping to AU. Arrived today, and it turned out to be the
Mitutogo brand. Have to say, for $13, I'm pretty impressed. It's not as
smooth as a quality test indicator, but hey, the price is right, and
it's more than good enough for the work I'm doing.

Yeah, find your Aussie version of Harbor Freight and you'll be good to
go until you get your box of goodies shipped over, Jon.

--
Give me the luxuries of life.
I can live without the necessities.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have occasional need for a test indicator at work, but once again
don't want to spend a lot as I have several that will get here
eventually. Searching eBay.au, I found several carrying the name
Mitutogo, complete with a box that mimics Mitutoyo's.
I chose one that had no mfg name visible on the dial. A whopping $13.10
including shipping to AU. Arrived today, and it turned out to be the
Mitutogo brand. Have to say, for $13, I'm pretty impressed. It's not as
smooth as a quality test indicator, but hey, the price is right, and
it's more than good enough for the work I'm doing.

Jon

thousands or tenths?

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/15/2014 2:59 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
thousands or tenths?

..01mm, or about .00039

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:24:25 +1100, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 10/15/2014 2:59 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
thousands or tenths?

.01mm, or about .00039

Jon

then its the equivalent of a tenths indicator..metric style

PJ O'Rourke