Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PING: Larry Jacques

So Larry, didja warch the video? thoughts?
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I meant to write PING: Larry Jaques. Sorry.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:12:35 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 09:30:59 -0700, wrote:

So Larry, didja warch the video? thoughts?
Eric

Yes, I did, thanks. Pretty cool. I like the feedback on it, too. So,
when are you going to redo it to demonstrate detuning and tuning?

P.S: It's Jaques, no C. Everybody wants me to be Cousteau, I swear...

Greetings Larry,
I noticed the misspelling right after I hit the send button. I did
correct it in a subsequent post. I'll try to do the detununing and
tuning bit soon. It would be ideal to show the tuning in real time. To
do that I may need to remove a pot from the Geckodrive servo amp so it
can be tuned remotely by hand instead of with a screwdriver. On the
other hand maybe I can kludge something to hold the screwdriver in
place while I turn it. I noticed some other novice mistakes in my
video so another one that was more prefessional looking might be good.
I'm kinda thrilled at seeing something educational I posted on
YouTube. I would love to post a bunch of educational videos and have
folks watch and learn something from them. That's the only reason I
read rcm. Education. I like being on the recieving end as well as
doling some out. I love learning and have learned a lot from rcm. I
hope the posts I have made in the past have taught others something
useful. I would really love it if someone built a machine that ran
well using something they learned from me.
Cheers,
Eric

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So Larry, didja warch the video? thoughts?
Eric

Yes, I did, thanks. Pretty cool. I like the feedback on it, too. So,
when are you going to redo it to demonstrate detuning and tuning?

P.S: It's Jaques, no C. Everybody wants me to be Cousteau, I swear...

Greetings Larry,
I noticed the misspelling right after I hit the send button. I did
correct it in a subsequent post.

Thanks, I saw that shortly afterward.

I'll try to do the detununing and
tuning bit soon. It would be ideal to show the tuning in real time. To
do that I may need to remove a pot from the Geckodrive servo amp so it
can be tuned remotely by hand instead of with a screwdriver. On the
other hand maybe I can kludge something to hold the screwdriver in
place while I turn it. I noticed some other novice mistakes in my
video so another one that was more prefessional looking might be good.
I'm kinda thrilled at seeing something educational I posted on
YouTube.

Yeah, that's great!

I would love to post a bunch of educational videos and have
folks watch and learn something from them. That's the only reason I
read rcm. Education. I like being on the recieving end as well as
doling some out. I love learning and have learned a lot from rcm. I
hope the posts I have made in the past have taught others something
useful. I would really love it if someone built a machine that ran
well using something they learned from me.

Yeah, I'm learning something every day from RCM, too. Love it.

--
Give me the luxuries of life.
I can live without the necessities.