Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Never get hit by a truck

My wife and I were on the way to the Jersey Shore last Friday. Traffic
on rt476 stopped, I stopped, the Freightliner behind me didn't. Spent
about 6 hours in the ER, both me and my wife. I got a broken collar
bone and my wife is black and blue and sore everywhere.

Truck pushed our Kia Sportage into 3 more cars in front of us, our
airbags went off, the others did not. Sportage is a total. I'm stuck
in a sling for 6 weeks. This is the first major accident I was ever
in, a few fender benders before but nothing like this.

my advice, never get hit by a truck.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/20/2014 8:50 AM, Randy333 wrote:
My wife and I were on the way to the Jersey Shore last Friday. Traffic
on rt476 stopped, I stopped, the Freightliner behind me didn't. Spent
about 6 hours in the ER, both me and my wife. I got a broken collar
bone and my wife is black and blue and sore everywhere.

Truck pushed our Kia Sportage into 3 more cars in front of us, our
airbags went off, the others did not. Sportage is a total. I'm stuck
in a sling for 6 weeks. This is the first major accident I was ever
in, a few fender benders before but nothing like this.

my advice, never get hit by a truck.

Randy

Sorry to hear about your trouble, I'm sure your not happy with the
accident, but be thankful it wasn't much worse. Hug the wife and tell
your glad she's safe.

I got rear ended years ago, I was the fourth car out of five in the
chain reaction. When I got hit, it drove my seat back to the end of it's
travel, I had a razor on a shelf under the dash and it slid off and
started buzzing. I was shocked and very confused and I could not
understand the buzzing noise, about the time I became aware of things, I
looked up to see the young lady whose car I hit standing in front of me
looking her car, then she giving me a dirty look, got back in her car
and left. I don't think she realized I was pushed into her.
Their was a mail truck in the line, he was acting injured, although,
I suspect he was putting on the disability performance of his life.
Mikek

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 09:50:22 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

My wife and I were on the way to the Jersey Shore last Friday. Traffic
on rt476 stopped, I stopped, the Freightliner behind me didn't. Spent
about 6 hours in the ER, both me and my wife. I got a broken collar
bone and my wife is black and blue and sore everywhere.

Truck pushed our Kia Sportage into 3 more cars in front of us, our
airbags went off, the others did not. Sportage is a total. I'm stuck
in a sling for 6 weeks. This is the first major accident I was ever
in, a few fender benders before but nothing like this.

my advice, never get hit by a truck.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---

Randy-I know what it is like to get hit by a truck. Head on. I feel
your pain, so to speak. Those air bags are good stuff. I hope you and
your wife feel better soon. Make sure your next car has air bags too.
They sure save a lot of lives and prevent a lot of injuries.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy333 wrote:
My wife and I were on the way to the Jersey Shore last Friday. Traffic
on rt476 stopped, I stopped, the Freightliner behind me didn't. Spent
about 6 hours in the ER, both me and my wife. I got a broken collar
bone and my wife is black and blue and sore everywhere.

Truck pushed our Kia Sportage into 3 more cars in front of us, our
airbags went off, the others did not. Sportage is a total. I'm stuck
in a sling for 6 weeks. This is the first major accident I was ever
in, a few fender benders before but nothing like this.

my advice, never get hit by a truck.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

My advice , get a GOOD lawyer . Especially of the at-fault driver is
insured by Allstate , because they will bend you over and screw you in a
heartbeat , and you won't even get a kiss . I ended up with a few thousand
bucks and a back that will hurt for the rest of my life because I had a
lousy lawyer . I believe they would have screwed me on the bike too , if my
insco hadn't paid me for that (um/uim coverage is a very good thing) and
then billed them .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 11:38:10 -0500, amdx wrote:

[...]

My cousin's daughter and her fiance got stopped by construction on Hwy
288 heading north toward Houston when a truck rear ended them without
ever slowing down. Obviously, they were both dead. I don't remember
whether or not the truck had brakes. This was just after NAFTA
passed, and the truck was out of Mexico.

Pete Keillor

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I am sorry to hear this. Glad you are OK.

Your advice to never be hit by a truck is a good one.

May I also add another advise, if you do get hit, get hit by a
commercial truck, they have a mandated $750,000 liability policy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:34:04 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Randy333 wrote:
My wife and I were on the way to the Jersey Shore last Friday. Traffic
on rt476 stopped, I stopped, the Freightliner behind me didn't. Spent
about 6 hours in the ER, both me and my wife. I got a broken collar
bone and my wife is black and blue and sore everywhere.

Truck pushed our Kia Sportage into 3 more cars in front of us, our
airbags went off, the others did not. Sportage is a total. I'm stuck
in a sling for 6 weeks. This is the first major accident I was ever
in, a few fender benders before but nothing like this.

my advice, never get hit by a truck.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

My advice , get a GOOD lawyer . Especially of the at-fault driver is
insured by Allstate , because they will bend you over and screw you in a
heartbeat , and you won't even get a kiss . I ended up with a few thousand

The nick in the auto repair industry for a certain insurance company
is AllSnake. Agreed, get a good lawyer.

bucks and a back that will hurt for the rest of my life because I had a
lousy lawyer . I believe they would have screwed me on the bike too , if my
insco hadn't paid me for that (um/uim coverage is a very good thing) and
then billed them .

Yes, coverage is very important. It's those little extras that save
your arse every time.

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles

On 2014-09-20, Randy333 wrote:
My wife and I were on the way to the Jersey Shore last Friday. Traffic
on rt476 stopped, I stopped, the Freightliner behind me didn't. Spent
about 6 hours in the ER, both me and my wife. I got a broken collar
bone and my wife is black and blue and sore everywhere.

Truck pushed our Kia Sportage into 3 more cars in front of us, our
airbags went off, the others did not. Sportage is a total. I'm stuck
in a sling for 6 weeks. This is the first major accident I was ever
in, a few fender benders before but nothing like this.

my advice, never get hit by a truck.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---

Any commercial vehicle running with less than 2 million liability is
under-insured.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The trucking co is self insured. PA is a no fault state, so my
company pays the medical bills. Spent all of last Monday on the phone
with insurance people. seems everyone wanted to talk to me.

This truck had brakes, heard squealing tires just before all hell
broke loose. He said he was doing about 50 mph and he thinks his
brakes did not slow him down much at all.

Getting about 1700 more than we owe on the car so we have a down
payment on the new car.

Wife was back in the hospital again, this time they confirmed several
broken ribs, she's in more pain then me. My arm is fine as long as I
keep it in the sling or straight down by my side.

On 2014-09-20, Randy333 wrote:
My wife and I were on the way to the Jersey Shore last Friday. Traffic
on rt476 stopped, I stopped, the Freightliner behind me didn't. Spent
about 6 hours in the ER, both me and my wife. I got a broken collar
bone and my wife is black and blue and sore everywhere.

Truck pushed our Kia Sportage into 3 more cars in front of us, our
airbags went off, the others did not. Sportage is a total. I'm stuck
in a sling for 6 weeks. This is the first major accident I was ever
in, a few fender benders before but nothing like this.

my advice, never get hit by a truck.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---

Any commercial vehicle running with less than 2 million liability is
under-insured.

Last I knew, the minimum required in Florida is $10,000.
Just looked it up, Florida PD Liab, PIP 10/20/102
So, if you get the minimum, you're screwing yourself if you really
get messed up.
Mikek

---

On 2014-09-20, Randy333 wrote:
[...]

Compulsory minimum 3rd party liability in Ontario is $200,000 for a
private vehicle.
Most commercial vehicle policies written at the brokerage where I do
IT work is $1 million, with a large percentage of the rest being $2
million.
In order to use a vehicle to transport kids for school events, local
boards are requiring proof of $2 million coverage.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy333 wrote:
The trucking co is self insured. PA is a no fault state, so my
company pays the medical bills. Spent all of last Monday on the phone
with insurance people. seems everyone wanted to talk to me.

This truck had brakes, heard squealing tires just before all hell
broke loose. He said he was doing about 50 mph and he thinks his
brakes did not slow him down much at all.

Getting about 1700 more than we owe on the car so we have a down
payment on the new car.

Wife was back in the hospital again, this time they confirmed several
broken ribs, she's in more pain then me. My arm is fine as long as I
keep it in the sling or straight down by my side.

Busted ribs suck...

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-09-26, Randy333 wrote:

The trucking co is self insured. PA is a no fault state, so my
company pays the medical bills. Spent all of last Monday on the phone
with insurance people. seems everyone wanted to talk to me.

This truck had brakes, heard squealing tires just before all hell
broke loose. He said he was doing about 50 mph and he thinks his
brakes did not slow him down much at all.

Getting about 1700 more than we owe on the car so we have a down
payment on the new car.

Wife was back in the hospital again, this time they confirmed several
broken ribs, she's in more pain then me. My arm is fine as long as I
keep it in the sling or straight down by my side.

Do not be nice and be sure to get a lot of extra $$$$$ to pay for
future health bills.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:50:52 -0500, Ignoramus27138

On 2014-09-26, Randy333 wrote:

The trucking co is self insured. PA is a no fault state, so my
company pays the medical bills. Spent all of last Monday on the phone
with insurance people. seems everyone wanted to talk to me.

This truck had brakes, heard squealing tires just before all hell
broke loose. He said he was doing about 50 mph and he thinks his
brakes did not slow him down much at all.

Getting about 1700 more than we owe on the car so we have a down
payment on the new car.

Wife was back in the hospital again, this time they confirmed several
broken ribs, she's in more pain then me. My arm is fine as long as I
keep it in the sling or straight down by my side.

Do not be nice and be sure to get a lot of extra $$$$$ to pay for
future health bills.

Ditto that, and, whatever you do, do NOT sign any waivers, even if
they offer you a million dollars. If they even consider offering that
much, you'll surely need quadruple that to survive the rest of your
lives.

--
Give me the luxuries of life.
I can live without the necessities.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-09-26, Randy333 wrote:

The trucking co is self insured. PA is a no fault state, so my
company pays the medical bills. Spent all of last Monday on the phone
with insurance people. seems everyone wanted to talk to me.

This truck had brakes, heard squealing tires just before all hell
broke loose. He said he was doing about 50 mph and he thinks his
brakes did not slow him down much at all.

Getting about 1700 more than we owe on the car so we have a down
payment on the new car.

Wife was back in the hospital again, this time they confirmed several
broken ribs, she's in more pain then me. My arm is fine as long as I
keep it in the sling or straight down by my side.

Do not be nice and be sure to get a lot of extra $$$$$ to pay for
future health bills.

In PA coverage extends to 4 years from the accident.
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---

Truck for $500 Ignoramus25449 Metalworking 22 September 23rd 12 01:54 PM
Best truck I ever had... gone RBM[_3_] Home Repair 11 June 15th 10 01:30 AM
TRUCK TOY BOX J T Woodworking 1 November 12th 07 05:11 PM
Truck for sale... '99 Isuzu FTR - (It's Metal related because it's a MANLY TRUCK, and we're manly men here!!!!) RainLover Metalworking 0 October 14th 05 07:40 PM
TRUCK BOX J T Woodworking 4 January 1st 05 06:22 PM