Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Israel's Living Memorial for 9/11 outside Jerusalem.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:08:09 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:59:26 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Yabbut, but a fiery leak of jet A kero in an enclosed space, working
on several inch thick by several feet wide concrete-coated beams?
That's a whole different story, and we're not counting all the water
leaks probably running down the beams right then, either. If it had
broken in half and fallen sideways, I'd have believed it. But the
pancaking is just too much to ask, considering the way the structure
was built. The beams and floors collapsed together. NFW!

Then there was WTC Building 7...a classic demo if I've ever seen
one.

You need to send the fervent heat of your imagination out for
calibration.

I'd say the same to you for your easy acceptance of that story.

Have you ever taken apart an old oil burner or wood stove, and
personally seen the long-term effects of intense fire on steel?

Or done any blacksmithing?

Yeah, a small amount. It takes a helluva lot of pounding to move
metal, even at near white hot. Air-fed coal gets a lot hotter than
kero, too. I saw no bending at WTC, just dropping. That's just not
what happens in real life. What happened at WTC doesn't make a hint of
sense. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree entirely on this
one.

--
Resolve to be thyself: and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery.
-- Matthew Arnold