Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1977 22' Catalina Capri Sailboat - $1500 (Marina Del Rey)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...664045576.html

1977 22' Catalina Capri Sailboat - $1500 (Marina Del Rey)

We are selling a nice 1977 22' Catalina Capri Sailboat for just
$1,500.
It has a good solid fiberglass hull, a nice basic interior with roomy
V-berth,
salon cushions in white vinyl, but needs decorating and a personal
touch.
It is an easy sailboat to sail, and is an affordable starter boat for
begginning.
Its mast is currently down and it needs to have the rigging put back
in place.
It is currently on a trailer, but the trailer is not included. Can be
put in water free.
Just add a nice little outboard and BBQ grill and you will be out
sailing to Catalina,
and enjoying hanging out at the dock spending a few nights onboard
with friends.
E-mail me and I will get back to you promptly to set up a time for you
to see it.
The summer weather is year round in Marina Del Rey...Are you ready to
enjoy it?

Best,

Jack
PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:47:01 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

**** you and **** your sailboat/floating meth lab ads, Wieber.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/15/2014 5:22 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

**** you and **** your sailboat/floating meth lab ads, Wieber.

Laugh! That would be one tiny meth lab, jon!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, September 15, 2014 5:44:40 PM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On 9/15/2014 5:22 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

**** you and **** your sailboat/floating meth lab ads, Wieber.

Laugh! That would be one tiny meth lab, jon!

Mark Wieber is the king of thinking small.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 19:44:40 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 9/15/2014 5:22 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

**** you and **** your sailboat/floating meth lab ads, Wieber.

Laugh! That would be one tiny meth lab, jon!

Humm...I wonder if I could build a meth lab in the 24
footer....nah..Id have hundreds of the locals trying to walk on water
coming out to beg for a taste..er...snort...er...shot...er..whatever
they normally do. Jonboi shoves it up his ass so he would probably
flush it out if he swam out...given the size of the asshole. Err..the
assholes asshole.

Btw..I just swapped for boat #7..a 1982 Windrose 18 on a rather nice
trailer. Needs a port and a polish. Inside looks really nice and even
comes with a spinnaker. 1500 lbs so Ill be able to pull it just about
anywhere and they are supposed to be very fast.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/Windrose18

You have seen the photos of the other boats..right?

This one is coming right along. I can sail it anytime now but the wood
work isnt complete in the cabin and it needs the upholsery redone.
But..shrug..that can be done over the winter months between sailing
trips. Better sailing here in the winter..summer too hot and still.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2602/Venture24

This one is finished and Ive sailed it a number of times this summer

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/Ensenada20

This one is a kick in the ass for the grand kids..as its its newer
clone, They are fun as hell when the wind picks up!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/FJ1

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...66802602/FJ202

This one just went on Craigslist for $850. Ready to sail, on a good
but Ugly trailer..needs a wire wheel and a paint job, but good tires
now and is solid. More solid than that boat needs actually. The
sailboat itself is nice and solid with good running and standing
rigging and was fun to restore.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/Oday

This one is free to anyone who wants it. Just needs a mast and the
port (window) put back in and a good! hull cleaning. Has everything
else, sails, rudder etc etc and looks pretty good inside. Mast will
set you back about $200 or less.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/Ensenada202

I will need an outboard for the Windrose 18 though. I will be using
the 5hp off the Ensenada 20 for a while until I stumble over another
3-5 hp engine..preferably a 4 stroke or a decent trolling motor.

Speaking of which..if anyone needs a trolling motor for their bass
boat..Ive got a decent one .... Airguide...40 flbs with pedal
right/left/speed control. Snagged it off Craigslist for just a few
dollars and am looking to trade it for a standard tiller type trolling
motor for the Windrose 18.

40-50 flb would be great!!

Say Richard..hows that Capri search coming along?

I havent seen you sign up yet for the two sailboat groups I moderate

Lots of good inexpensive boats in your neck of the woods this
week...shrug. Even one or two free ones, though they will start
showing up enmass in a month or so as sailing season declines and
slip fees go up.

Feel free to join..they are free and participation is not required.
Maybe you will find something that will get you by until that Golden
Capri shows up.

Someone asked me how much I had tied up in sailboats..and I wondered
myself..so I sat down a couple weeks ago and figured it out. Cost of
every boat, including fuel, parts, pieces, paint, resin etc etc...7
boats have cost me, including the stuff I traded for them....is
$817.24 And most of that was for the E20 I bought 21 yrs ago for
$500.

So Ive spent $317.24 for everything else including all the fuel, parts
etc as I stated above. And that includes the $99 on ebay for (3)
great! sails for the Venture 24.
Beautiful genny, great main..**** poor jib, but I already have 2
others for it..shrug

So..hows that Capri coming along?
Whenever I see one..I post it here for you. Dont thank me..the least
I could do for you. I know you really really want one. Might find
another sailboat to get you by though..so you dont loose the dream.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Now I suppose I could..could put a meth lab in the new (to me) SUV

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2/MarysMinivan

But it would probably screw up the upholstery. Whatcha think?

Ive got $235 in it and took it to So Cal last week as the Ranger is
needing either another engine or spend the (same amount) for a valve
job.

No trailer hitch though....sigh..so Ive got to use the Ranger to take
the little boats to the lake until I get the engine replaced/repaired
or wait until I get the E350 smogged and tagged. I paid $524 (2) weeks
ago and got the tags all caught up..just need the smog done now. Its
got a non op on it..but...smog will cost me $60 and it will pull the
V224 boat nicely. Only got 15mpg at 55 miles an hour when I was
running it as a service vehicle..and 10 at 65..(cringe) but it will
get the boats to the lake nicely.

This is the van I completely forgot about owning after the stroke in
2009. Forgot I owned it for almost 2 yrs..sigh

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/Van

Buddy who's shop it was parked at finally asked me to move it..and I
said..Van? What van? I dont own a van! He walked me around back..and
it was like someone pulling down a curtain. Just like Christmas!!! New
Present!! 12,201 actual miles. Drove it around town today, trying to
burn off that 4+ yr old gas (Bleckk!!!) I emptied the rear tank last
week by running it...no idea how much is left in the front..so I took
it down today and put in $20 in the rear tank and will be driving on
the front until it goes empty..then switching over. I need to figure
out why the gas gauge doesnt work, yet the tanks switch over properly.

I need to burn off the rank gas/varnish before smogging it so I can
start with a clean slate. Smells like JonBoi when it runs on that old
gas and misses and pops, kinda like JonBois posts. Switch it over to
the new gas in the rear tank..smooths right out. Kinda like normal
peoples posts.......just saying...shrug.

I think I need to drop the pan on the auto tranny though and change
the fluids and the filter. Its hesitating a little bit when shifting
into gear or taking off from a stop sign..so I figure the fluid and
filter have reached their rated life. I dont think I replaced either
of them when I bought the beast..so they have been in there since
1989...25 yrs so far... Shrug...not a lot of miles on it..only
12k..but Ill bet the ATF is degraded and the filter is plugged up.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke