Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Barry Goldwater On The UN

As per usual he was right and way ahead of his time. He had ethics that were untouchable. Friend of JFK. Hated LBJ:

https://twitter.com/SoftSable/status...228097/photo/1
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, September 7, 2014 12:42:39 AM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
As per usual he was right and way ahead of his time. He had ethics
that were untouchable. Friend of JFK. Hated LBJ:

https://twitter.com/SoftSable/status...228097/photo/1

Yes, but the problem was that he said of his campaign: "We knew from the beginning that we had no chance against the man who replaced Jack Kennedy after the assassination (who was LBJ).

Why would you even accept nomination if you "knew you didn't have a chance" ??

(it doesn't make sense)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, September 7, 2014 12:42:39 AM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
As per usual he was right and way ahead of his time. He had ethics that were untouchable. Friend of JFK. Hated LBJ:

https://twitter.com/SoftSable/status...228097/photo/1

Yes, but the problem was that he said of his campaign: "We knew from the beginning that we had no chance against the man who replaced [...} Kennedy after the assassination (who was LBJ).

Why would you even accept nomination if you "knew you didn't have a chance" ??

(it doesn't make sense)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, September 7, 2014 8:21:14 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, September 7, 2014 12:42:39 AM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

As per usual he was right and way ahead of his time. He had ethics that were untouchable. Friend of JFK. Hated LBJ:

https://twitter.com/SoftSable/status...228097/photo/1

Yes, but the problem was that he said of his campaign: "We knew from the beginning that we had no chance against the man who replaced [...} Kennedy after the assassination (who was LBJ).

Why would you even accept nomination if you "knew you didn't have a chance" ??

(it doesn't make sense)

He ran because many young republicans wanted him to run and pushed him very hard to run.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:
)
) He ran because many young republicans wanted him to run and pushed him very hard to run.

Yeah, the same thing roughly happened with LBJ'S second run, but I guess Johnson just felt he couldn't either for a second term - which is what is supposed to be done if you think you can't win.

That's probably the case with Mitt Romney or this tea partier now, Ben Carson, err... èxcuse me - "Doctor" - Ben Carson. They know it wouldn't work but their minions just don't get it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, September 7, 2014 12:35:51 PM UTC-7, wrote:
jon_banquer wrote:

)

) He ran because many young republicans wanted him to run and pushed him very hard to run.

Yeah, the same thing roughly happened with LBJ'S second run, but I guess Johnson just felt he couldn't either for a second term - which is what is supposed to be done if you think you can't win.

That's probably the case with Mitt Romney or this tea partier now, Ben Carson, err... èxcuse me - "Doctor" - Ben Carson. They know it wouldn't work but their minions just don't get it.

Barry Goldwater would not be welcome in the GOP today.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:
)
)Barry Golden would not be welcome in the GOD today.

Nope, only leftists welcome everyone. The political right in most nations can't help it. They only welcome four things:

1. Majority of votes
2. Money
3. Millionaires
4. Billionaires
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

) He ran because many young republicans wanted him to run and pushed him very hard to run.

Yeah , the same thing roughly happened with LBJ'S second run, but I guess Johnson just felt he couldn't either for a second term - which is what is supposed to be done if you think you can't win.

That's probably the case with Mitt Romney or this tea partier now, Ben Carson, err... èxcuse me - "Doctor" - Ben Carson. They know it wouldn't work but their minions just don't get it.

Barry Goldwater would not be welcome in the GOP today.

I'd say that with the 1960's environment having such cooperation between big labor representation and business leaders, pretty much all republicans then would not be welcome today.

Today, the labor movement is less powerful, more in-fighting, etc... In 1968 you got what? $10.00 an hour after five years in. Today, you MIGHT get that much working non-union and not much more working union.

This gives Republicans added comfort in not welcoming ANYONE else but their closest friends/business associates, etc. No one else.

Barry Goldwater, A True Conservative jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 0 December 21st 12 09:04 PM
RIP John Barry Bill Noble[_2_] Metalworking 12 July 24th 09 03:14 AM
Barry Scott Jeßus UK diy 0 March 21st 09 03:20 AM
Barry Scott John Rumm UK diy 1 March 20th 09 04:16 PM
Dave Barry Explains Outsourcing George Metalworking 7 May 11th 04 09:56 PM