Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chevy vehicle question for the motorheads

I gave $100....... yesterday for this vehicle.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...n?noredirect=1

1999 Venture, 3.4L
156,000 miles on the odometer

Engine replaced with second later model engine several months before
it was parked. First engine had infamous lower intake manifold gasket
leak which ultimately, cracked the block when the cam bearings seized.

Replacement engine had 80k miles on it and came from vehicle totaled
in rear end collision. Unknown year..probably later than 2003..when
Chevy fixed the LIM gasket problem. Probably..maybe.

Idles well, starts easily, runs like a raped ape when you stick your
foot in it...up till about 45 mph..when it starts to miss fire. Back
off the throttle and it goes back to running fine.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

There were several problems with this vehicle model..nearly all of
which were the result of a bad lower intake manifold gasket, which
leaked and let the coolant into the oil...usually taking out the cam
bearings etc. I checked the oil multiple times, from before starting
it for the first time..to after it was run around the block
repeatedly..etc..no signs of water noted

It started after sitting for 18 months..on the 3rd rotation of the
engine..which tickled me. (Grin)

I know little about any of the new Chebby vehicles...gonna get a
mechanic to look at it over the weekend...just curious if I did ok..or
is this something to be sold for a couple grand to wetbacks...shrug

The wife's Saturn has 265,000 miles on it..and while it still runs
"ok" ..all the upholstery and head liner is evaporating here in the
desert sun..so I thought Id get some brownie points by bringing this
home to her..and not hurting the familes finacial situation much.

$100 for the pink slip
$65 for a new battery
$65 for a smog test
$109 for tags.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/1999/...nture/recalls/

Any ideas?

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Yep. It's a Chevy Ventura. The rest is history.

You (barely) got your money's worth.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Is the ECU throwing any codes?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Idles well, starts easily, runs like a raped ape when you stick your
foot in it...up till about 45 mph..when it starts to miss fire. Back
off the throttle and it goes back to running fine.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Rodent nest in the air intake?

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 07/18/2014 3:47 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Idles well, starts easily, runs like a raped ape when you stick your
foot in it...up till about 45 mph..when it starts to miss fire. Back
off the throttle and it goes back to running fine.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

It started after sitting for 18 months..on the 3rd rotation of the
engine..which tickled me. (Grin)

After that length of time/mileage, my first suspect would be fuel
filter(s?)...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 17:25:50 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .

Idles well, starts easily, runs like a raped ape when you stick your
foot in it...up till about 45 mph..when it starts to miss fire. Back
off the throttle and it goes back to running fine.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Rodent nest in the air intake?

-jsw

or blocked exhaust, could be bad gas too.

exhaust check put on a vacuum gauge, run at 3000 RPM vacuum should
hold steady, if it drops off look for blockage.
Remove 333 to reply
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy fired this volley in
:

exhaust check put on a vacuum gauge, run at 3000 RPM vacuum should
hold steady, if it drops off look for blockage.

So, you're saying, if the EXHAUST gasses show a lower vacuum at speed than
the vacuum they create at idle, there's a problem?

Well! I'd say so!

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..

Idles well, starts easily, runs like a raped ape when you stick your
foot in it...up till about 45 mph..when it starts to miss fire. Back
off the throttle and it goes back to running fine.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Rodent nest in the air intake?

-jsw

or blocked exhaust, could be bad gas too.

exhaust check put on a vacuum gauge, run at 3000 RPM vacuum should
hold steady, if it drops off look for blockage.
Remove 333 to reply

Ah! Hadnt thought of that! Thanks!

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:39:57 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 07/18/2014 3:47 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Idles well, starts easily, runs like a raped ape when you stick your
foot in it...up till about 45 mph..when it starts to miss fire. Back
off the throttle and it goes back to running fine.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

It started after sitting for 18 months..on the 3rd rotation of the
engine..which tickled me. (Grin)

After that length of time/mileage, my first suspect would be fuel
filter(s?)...

Particularly after an engine change?

Noted! Thanks!!

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Multiple misfires..no Check Engine light.

Could be (oh! NO!) valve float, too.

Better hope it's not.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Randy fired this volley in
:

exhaust check put on a vacuum gauge, run at 3000 RPM vacuum should
hold steady, if it drops off look for blockage.

So, you're saying, if the EXHAUST gasses show a lower vacuum at speed
than the vacuum they create at idle, there's a problem?

Well! I'd say so!

Lloyd

I took it to mean intake manifold vacuum . If the exhaust can't get out ,
the new air charge can't get in ...

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:47:12 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I gave $100....... yesterday for this vehicle.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...n?noredirect=1

1999 Venture, 3.4L
156,000 miles on the odometer

Engine replaced with second later model engine several months before
it was parked. First engine had infamous lower intake manifold gasket
leak which ultimately, cracked the block when the cam bearings seized.

Any vehicle that can't go over 160000 miles on the original engine is
crap.. Oh yea, you DID say Venture - that's a "small " gM - same as a
TranSport - and the 3.4 is a timebomb. The 3.8 wasn't bad, and the 3.1
was not a great engine, but the 3.4 put a lot of mechanics' kids
through college.

Replacement engine had 80k miles on it and came from vehicle totaled
in rear end collision. Unknown year..probably later than 2003..when
Chevy fixed the LIM gasket problem. Probably..maybe.

Idles well, starts easily, runs like a raped ape when you stick your
foot in it...up till about 45 mph..when it starts to miss fire. Back
off the throttle and it goes back to running fine.

Could be as simple as bad plugs. It should throw a code if it
misfires.
Could be a mistimed cam, bad injectors, bad fuel pump, bad cam or
crank sensor, bad air flow meter - just about anything between the
front bumper and the back bumper, and between the right rocker panel
and the left.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

There were several problems with this vehicle model..nearly all of
which were the result of a bad lower intake manifold gasket, which
leaked and let the coolant into the oil...usually taking out the cam
bearings etc. I checked the oil multiple times, from before starting
it for the first time..to after it was run around the block
repeatedly..etc..no signs of water noted

It started after sitting for 18 months..on the 3rd rotation of the
engine..which tickled me. (Grin)

I know little about any of the new Chebby vehicles...gonna get a
mechanic to look at it over the weekend...just curious if I did ok..or
is this something to be sold for a couple grand to wetbacks...shrug

I know just enough about them to know I won't buy another one. Was
never a chevy fan. Last decent one I owned was made in 1928. Then I
bought the 1995 TransSport (pontiac nameplate - but still a Chevy) and
I soon remembered why I didn't like (particularly small) Chevies.

I REALLY tried to like that van. I even joked about it being my "7
passenger corvette" with the rust-free plastic body. The 3.8 should
have been a killer engine for towing the little trailer I dragged
across the continent with a 3.0 Ford AeroScare - but I never managed
to pull the thing more than 30 miles without the Poncho throwing one
kind of fit or another. It was the first vehicle I've ever gotten rid
of that went straight to the junk-yard - deader than a doornail.
The wife's Saturn has 265,000 miles on it..and while it still runs
"ok" ..all the upholstery and head liner is evaporating here in the
desert sun..so I thought Id get some brownie points by bringing this
home to her..and not hurting the familes finacial situation much.

$100 for the pink slip
$65 for a new battery
$65 for a smog test
$109 for tags.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/1999/...nture/recalls/

Any ideas?

Gunner

Paint it red and put air horns on it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 07/18/2014 9:01 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

After that length of time/mileage, my first suspect would be fuel
filter(s?)...

Particularly after an engine change?

15+ yo vehicle sitting for 18+/- mo is prime candidate for crud/water in
fuel system.

Starving under load/higher speed is also symptomatic.

Not only possibility, obviously, but a good candidate and simple enough.
Eliminate the easy first...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, July 18, 2014 1:47:12 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Mark Wieber is too stupid to understand that you don't waste time/money on a poorly engineered vehicle.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Random misfire is usually a lean condition. Check the vacuum lines for
cracks, rot. With engine idling run an unlit propane torch around the
hoses and intake, listen for rpm change. Then look in that area for leaks.

Fuel filter, fuel pressure.

If it has old gas try to empty it out and put in fresh. The current
"gas" they sell is crap after about 6 months out of a sealed container.

If it passed the smog test the exhaust is probably OK, a plugged or
burnt converter won't usually pass.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I gave $100....... yesterday for this vehicle.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...n?noredirect=1

1999 Venture, 3.4L
156,000 miles on the odometer

Engine replaced with second later model engine several months before
it was parked. First engine had infamous lower intake manifold gasket
leak which ultimately, cracked the block when the cam bearings seized.

Any vehicle that can't go over 160000 miles on the original engine is
crap.. Oh yea, you DID say Venture - that's a "small " gM - same as a
TranSport - and the 3.4 is a timebomb. The 3.8 wasn't bad, and the 3.1
was not a great engine, but the 3.4 put a lot of mechanics' kids
through college.

According to an extensive net search..after the 2003 redesign of that
leaking intake manifold gasket..they seem to be going to 250k miles or
more if taken care of without issues.

If it will go a couple years for the ol lady..Ill be happy.

She drives probably 10k a year if that much. Mostly to the store and
to the doctor over in Bakersfield a couple times a month..usually
takes the grandkids along for the ride..and she does our grocery
shopping at the same time.

Assuming that miss is not a big deal of course..Ill have less than
$400 in it tagged and on the road.

Replacement engine had 80k miles on it and came from vehicle totaled
in rear end collision. Unknown year..probably later than 2003..when
Chevy fixed the LIM gasket problem. Probably..maybe.

Idles well, starts easily, runs like a raped ape when you stick your
foot in it...up till about 45 mph..when it starts to miss fire. Back
off the throttle and it goes back to running fine.

Could be as simple as bad plugs. It should throw a code if it
misfires.
Could be a mistimed cam, bad injectors, bad fuel pump, bad cam or
crank sensor, bad air flow meter - just about anything between the
front bumper and the back bumper, and between the right rocker panel
and the left.

Nice!

[...]

Understood. Ive got a 1978 G10 van out back that Im putting back on
the road for a utility vehicle..more on that later.

[...]

Why?

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 23:34:13 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 07/18/2014 9:01 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

After that length of time/mileage, my first suspect would be fuel
filter(s?)...

Particularly after an engine change?

15+ yo vehicle sitting for 18+/- mo is prime candidate for crud/water in
fuel system.

Starving under load/higher speed is also symptomatic.

Not only possibility, obviously, but a good candidate and simple enough.
Eliminate the easy first...

The reason he parked it was the missing problem. It was his wifes car
and after replacing the engine..he drove it for a few months..then it
started acting up. He has more money than God so he parked it and
bought her a new vehicle.

So the missing issue wasnt the fuel Id not think..even though it has a
full gas tank.

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 07/19/2014 1:21 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

The reason he parked it was the missing problem. ...

So did _he_ check the fuel filter???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Lloyd's right, It's a Chebby and you got your money's worth.

Check the plug wires.

--
Liberalism is the result of severe pathogens in our society.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/19/2014 8:50 AM, dpb wrote:
On 07/19/2014 1:21 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

The reason he parked it was the missing problem. ...

So did _he_ check the fuel filter???

--

Put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail, when my fuel pump started to
fail, it would fuel starve that way too.

Stuart
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:33:55 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Randy fired this volley in
:

exhaust check put on a vacuum gauge, run at 3000 RPM vacuum should
hold steady, if it drops off look for blockage.

So, you're saying, if the EXHAUST gasses show a lower vacuum at speed
than the vacuum they create at idle, there's a problem?

Well! I'd say so!

Lloyd

I took it to mean intake manifold vacuum . If the exhaust can't get out ,
the new air charge can't get in ...

that's what I meant. Rust, crud or mouse nest in exhaust could do
it.
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 07:50:04 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 07/19/2014 1:21 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

The reason he parked it was the missing problem. ...

So did _he_ check the fuel filter???

I dont think so.

My mechanic called a few ago and he is headed over to the vehicle. He
seems to think its a plugged CAT...but will do a back pressure check
etc etc.

Ill know in a couple hours

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 11:58:18 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 07:50:04 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 07/19/2014 1:21 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

The reason he parked it was the missing problem. ...

So did _he_ check the fuel filter???

I dont think so.

My mechanic called a few ago and he is headed over to the vehicle. He
seems to think its a plugged CAT...but will do a back pressure check
etc etc.

Ill know in a couple hours

Just got a call. He claims good fuel pressure, good CAT, but there
may..may be a problem with the crank position sensor. Its giving him
some really odd readings that is requiring him to ponder a bit.

The wiring was not well treated when they swapped out the engine..so
he has to deal with some of that to make sure there not an
intermittent sensor reading.

One of his page frames (computer) claims he was driving at 50 mph and
the engine was putting out 350 rpm..and then another sensor claims it
was putting out 3500 rpm at the same time. Something about reluctor?
rings in the crank position sensor?

The guy is Sharp! and has the latest state of the art test
equipment..so he will figure it out. He says the A/C compressor is
NFG as well. So thats gonna be a couple hundred bucks probably..sigh

Ill keep you posted

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 07/19/2014 2:37 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

My mechanic called a few ago and he is headed over to the vehicle. ...

The guy is Sharp! and has the latest state of the art test
equipment..so he will figure it out. ...

So why are we having this discussion here if you've got professional
help locally?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Got a call a few ago. Got some bad news...sigh. Spark plug wires on
the back of the engine were bleeding spark above a certain rpm. He
sprayed some Krylon on them..the bleeding stopped and he hit 70 mph
with not a hint of a miss. For 10 miles..5 out..5 back

Damnit..now I got to buy a brand new $et of plug wire$...whatever am I
to do???? Whimper!!

He will put on new wires tommorow, he suspects they were not changed
when they installed the replacement engine as they were a bit crisp on
the backside of the engine and they didnt fit the coil pack as well as
they should have. "AC Delco" told him they werent factory originals
so they were changed at one time..but not with good ones. He will
also put in new plugs and a can of Seafoam because the beasty sat for
a year and a half with a full gas tank of California 10% ethanol.
Brrrrrr!!

He wants to drive it for half a week to and from home and around
town...so Ill need to get temporary tags down to him. Best as he can
tell..its a strong engine, with little or no issues other than the
plug wires and the bad AC compressor.

And a bad module in the inside/outside temperature and electronic
compass display.

Id hate to have my wife not know where she was going or what the
inside temp was....brrrrr again.

Gunner

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-07-18, Gunner Asch wrote:

I gave $100....... yesterday for this vehicle.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...n?noredirect=1

1999 Venture, 3.4L
156,000 miles on the odometer

Engine replaced with second later model engine several months before
it was parked. First engine had infamous lower intake manifold gasket
leak which ultimately, cracked the block when the cam bearings seized.

[ ... ]

Idles well, starts easily, runs like a raped ape when you stick your
foot in it...up till about 45 mph..when it starts to miss fire. Back
off the throttle and it goes back to running fine.

[ ... ]

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

No real experience with the model, but one thing occurs to me:

While the engine was replaced -- which carb is on the engine?
The one from the previous engine, or the one which was on the
replacement engine when its car was rear-ended?

Is there enough difference in the two engines so the carb for
one is not right for the other?

Perhaps the newer engine has a vacuum fitting somewhere which
should go to the carb, but there is no matching fitting on that carb?

These things keep getting more complex as the fuel emissions
controls get more aggressive. :-)

Good Luck with it, It looks like a deal.
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 17:19:33 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 07/19/2014 2:37 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

My mechanic called a few ago and he is headed over to the vehicle. ...

The guy is Sharp! and has the latest state of the art test
equipment..so he will figure it out. ...

So why are we having this discussion here if you've got professional
help locally?

Because I wanted to pick peoples brains last night.

I take it in your case....its slim pickings?

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No doubt Mark Wieber will buy cheap **** wires and plugs instead of quality ones.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, July 19, 2014 6:17:58 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 17:19:33 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 07/19/2014 2:37 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

My mechanic called a few ago and he is headed over to the vehicle. ...

The guy is Sharp! and has the latest state of the art test

equipment..so he will figure it out. ...

So why are we having this discussion here if you've got professional

help locally?

Because I wanted to pick peoples brains last night.

I take it in your case....its slim pickings?

--

"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.

We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

Mark Wieber would rather pick people brains instead of using a DVOM and a proper manual to try and isolate what the problem might be.

I've never felt Mark Wieber was very good with vehicle diagnosis. Probably because sitting on your ass behind a computer on Usenet isn't the way to get good at vehicle diagnosis.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 20 Jul 2014 01:02:38 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

While the engine was replaced -- which carb is on the engine?
The one from the previous engine, or the one which was on the
replacement engine when its car was rear-ended?

CARB?? What the heck is a CARB. This is a reasonably late model
vehicle with INJECTORS and a COMPUTER.
Is there enough difference in the two engines so the carb for
one is not right for the other?

Perhaps the newer engine has a vacuum fitting somewhere which
should go to the carb, but there is no matching fitting on that carb?

These things keep getting more complex as the fuel emissions
controls get more aggressive. :-)

Good Luck with it, It looks like a deal.
DoN.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 18:28:16 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

[...]

And you, obviously, are a lot better at automotive diagnosis. Somehow
you managed to get back in through my filter. I'll fix THAT real
quich.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Sure you will. Sort of like you will finally realize that you're the reason for your failures not the unions you love to blame.

Now about those spelling lessons you badly need:

Suggest start with the word quick which you seem to really struggle with... probably because you're not real quick or as you say "quich".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

So Jon has supplied me with a manual? Ive not received it yet.

Nor has he supplied me with remote extensions so I can work on a
vehicle some 164 miles to the south of me.

Jonboi is still that tired old neverwas who got punched out at a
Westech for being just as big a dick on the internet then as he is
today on the internet. His convicted and imprisoned wife is not
around to at the least..mellow him out.

Ive never bothered to send off his name to those keeping the
List..simply because he will be dead by his own hand before much more
time elapses. Sooner or later..and Im betting sooner..the neighbors
are going to complain about a stench coming from his squat and they
will find him, missing much of his skull..turning putrid on the floor.

I hope they send out color photos..much of the industry will post them
inside of lockers and on the backs of doors..just so the owners can
see for themselves that the vile pussbag is no longer around

And they ALL will be happy as clams

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 17:46:20 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Got a call a few ago. Got some bad news...sigh. Spark plug wires on
the back of the engine were bleeding spark above a certain rpm. He
sprayed some Krylon on them..the bleeding stopped and he hit 70 mph
with not a hint of a miss. For 10 miles..5 out..5 back

ITYS. grin

Damnit..now I got to buy a brand new $et of plug wire$...whatever am I
to do???? Whimper!!

They're a lot cheaper than most electronic auto-electric parts.
(But, yeah, I caught your facetiousity there.)

--
Liberalism is the result of severe pathogens in our society.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/18/2014 07:00 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:23:12 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Is the ECU throwing any codes?

Multiple misfires..no Check Engine light.

My mechanic is going to take it to his shop and put it on the Big
Machine and see if he can figure it out.

You can still get codes even if the CEL isn't on.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Time for some facts instead of the usual Mark Wieber lies:

Mark Wieber constantly claims I'm in his newsgroup filter and that he never reads what I post. It should be obvious to anyone who is objective this is yet another Mark Wieber lie. Mark Wieber frequently reads what I post and often responds. He can't help himself. :)

Mark Wieber constantly claims I was "punched out at Westec". There is no truth to this Mark Wieber lie which he can't back up.

Mark Wieber has issued many phony death treats towards me for many years. I'm still here and still kicking his pathetic, lying ass to the curb. I will continue to do so.

Mark Wieber is scared to death of me because I know exactly who and what he is.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Is the ECU throwing any codes?

Multiple misfires..no Check Engine light.

My mechanic is going to take it to his shop and put it on the Big

Machine and see if he can figure it out.

You can still get codes even if the CEL isn't on.

Jon

So could Wieber but he's far too stupid to know what an OBD port is, where to find it or how to borrow/use a scanner.

1996 chevy truck driveshaft removal question stryped[_3_] Metalworking 6 March 14th 11 03:34 PM
Old Chevy Question Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 4 July 31st 10 07:20 PM
Vehicle ownership and changing vehicle registered keeper PM UK diy 46 May 2nd 08 08:21 AM
OT-For you motorheadsG Gunner Asch Metalworking 22 November 25th 05 02:29 AM
Datsun 280Z 2+2 question for you motorheads Gunner Asch Metalworking 14 August 29th 05 03:24 AM