Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default what happens to leftover concrete?

I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 08:59:17 -0800 (PST), rangerssuck
wrote:

I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

If the concrete is for a house being built then often times the truck
dumps the excess at the building site. At least that's what happens
here on Whidbey Island. I had to bury a bunch of concrete. And I know
plenty of folks who have done likewise. A pain in the ass.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

If the concrete is for a house being built then often times the truck
dumps the excess at the building site. At least that's what happens
here on Whidbey Island. I had to bury a bunch of concrete. And I know
plenty of folks who have done likewise. A pain in the ass.
Eric

I remember quite clearly, sometime in the 70's my brother was working
a large construction site in the MPLS area.
They had about 30 trucks inbound with concrete, and there was some
thing that went wrong with the forms, or something...

They very quickly pushed a big hole open, and dropped all 30
truckloads into it, and covered it up.
It was only a few years ago, some 40 years later, when new building
construction was started, that they "found" this enourmous monument
under a former parking lot..
It delayed the new buildign construction by a Long time... No one
seemed to know anything about this HUGE mass of of underground
concrete. Major expense! to bust it all out...
No one left to admit where it came from, or why it was there.

Anybody from the MPLS area have heard of this in the last few years?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

There are two things they'll do with it. If you let them, they will dump
any excess on your property where you want. I have 20 acres, and lots of
places with low spots or potholes that need filling, so it's a benefit to
me to have them put it there.

The other thing they do is transport the remainder to a "washout" site.
Companies will pay to have the trucks come rinse out their barrels in a
pit. That leftover is mixed with a little dirt, and over-wet, then
stirred frequently enough to prevent its becoming a solid block. People
then pay to have "washout" delivered as roadbase material and fill under
new slabs. It's a superior base, that eventually hardens to about
2000psi soil-cement concrete.

With most ready-mix companies, the drivers _have_ to wash down before
they go on the road -- they're required to, to maintain the equipment.
So whether or not they dump the excess, they still need a place to wash
the chute and the face of the auger.

It's only a little bit of a mess, but you have to put up with that.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ever see those 2' x 2' x 6' stackable concrete blocks for retaining walls
for gravel etc. The concrete companies here (southern Indiana-Kentucky area)
have forms that make those and all trucks come back to the concrete plant
and pour what they have into the mold. They are not perfect due to
different mixes etc. but they are strong and weigh about 4000# in full size.
Sometimes they make a partial block. Also if you live or work near a
concrete plant they may give you the left over concrete. We poured our
parking lot where I work this way, a little at a time. You always have to
have forms prebuilt and adjustable. Sometimes we were all out on service
calls and the office help had to pour it. :-) You will get different grades
of concrete but hey........it's cheap. One other thing, you never know when
they are coming. You never get more than 5 minutes warning. We let many a
lunch get cold to accomplish this.
Lyndell

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 18, 10:59*am, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

Around here every cement truck driver has a brother in law who has a
driveway formed up on the sides only. Left over cement is dumped off
at BILs trailer house on the way back to the plant. Also looks like to
stop this practice the plants load every load short about 1/2 yard but
in reality it forces a truck to go back for another load, at the
customer's expense
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lyndell Thompson wrote:

[...]

I blacktopped the parking lot one place I worked with leftover
asphalt. One of our customers owned a fleet of asphalt trucks, and part
of the local plant. Some days they had a full truckloas left in the
machine and needed a place to dump it. We had to go rent a power
roller, but we saved about $5,000 and eliminated the mess from the
existing old dusty slag that was hauled from the steel mill. The
business owner was furious that we spent $75 to pave the lot. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My dad had a concrete company next door to him some years ago.
They had 20 or so acres of land that slopped towards a small river.
The trucks would beat it back and dump some water in quick. The
tank was always turning - mixing the mix. The small amount of water
with the truck would delay for a time. They would then head for the
parking lot where the trucks parked. They slowly dumped the end of
each load into the lot and wash out in another area. Park on the
other side. Over several years they worked side to side and the
rough looking - think traction - parking lot expanded down the hill.
They then started double stacking it - as some areas were light or
broke up.

It was only good for them, no one wanted to buy the land under them
and kick them out. Even the beavers in the river built a dam and
didn't phase them.

Martin

On 2/18/2012 10:59 AM, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Martin Eastburn wrote:

It was only good for them, no one wanted to buy the land under them
and kick them out. Even the beavers in the river built a dam and
didn't phase them.

It's very difficult to phase beavers. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 18, 10:59*am, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

In Jersey it is used to make cement overshoes.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:33:23 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

wrote:
[...]

A lot of auto wrecking yards and other industrial sites have paved
their lots with leftover truckloads of concrete like that - you could
do the same thing on a farm with paving the access roads. Just put
out the word to the concrete yard that you want some, and have some of
your workers ready to drop what they're doing and place and finish it
as needed.

If it's for a parking area or a farm road you only need to make
temporary forms to hold it till it sets up, screed it off level and
give it a rudimentary float and jitterbug job to get the aggregate
down.

Though it would look a lot better if you had a Power Trowel to hit it
with some hard-troweled finishing after it has an hour or two to set
up, and/or a brush finish if it's on any sort of slope. And give it a
quick coat of curing sealer with a garden sprayer.

Oh, and a bunch of traffic cones so nobody drives on the new slab till
it's had a day or two to cure.

-- Bruce --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 18 Feb 2012
16:08:36 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Now that's a cheap *******. B-)
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? on Sat, 18 Feb 2012
16:08:36 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
?
?Lyndell Thompson wrote:
??
[...]

He still had junk he bought when he got out of the Navy sitting in
the way in the shop, along with several hundred 30 year old B&W TVs that
were never picked up after they were repaired. He got mad one day when
we complained about the lack of room to work and cut an early photo
machine in half, and dragged it through a window. It didn't matter that
the supplies for the tintype photo process hadn't been available for
decades, he thought it was valuable.

He got even madder when we hit a slow week and painted the inside of
the storefront. He didn't speak to us until the end of the month, when
he realized that sales were up 30%. The business had been there over 30
years, and had never been painted. He had used 1/2" plywood for the
interior walls, and they were gray with dirt from the parking lot. We
tiled the plywood floor, changed the layout in the front and re arranged
all the inventory to make it easier & faster to do our work. His son
donated all those TVs to a vocational school, and it looked like a
different place. Business more than doubled, for an investment of under
$1,000.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Martin Eastburn wrote:

It was only good for them, no one wanted to buy the land under them
and kick them out. Even the beavers in the river built a dam and
didn't phase them.

It's very difficult to phase beavers. ;-)

Yeah, they keep chewing on the phasing sticks, that's why we started
using fiberglass.
jk

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/18/2012 10:59 AM, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

Boy, there sure is a lot of misinformation available here.

There are many variables in the concrete business. It is not unusual to
have a cubic yard or more of leftover concrete in the truck after the
pour. The driver has a huge obligation to clean all chutes, hopper, and
any splatter on the rear of the truck before he goes back on the street
- this has more to do with broken windshields and law suits. He dumps
whatever water he has left into the drum with the left over concrete if
there is any chance of it setting up before he gets back to the yard.
If it happens to be a yard that casts the big blocks, they will use up
the concrete making them if there is time. These blocks are 2' x 2' x
4' with tongue and groove surfaces so they can be stacked with a piece
of heavy wire rope cast in the top for a lifting eye. These blocks take
16 CF (about .6 of CY) and weigh between 2000 and 2500 #. When a yard
is really busy there is often not time to deal with these and not all
yards even make them. The driver empties the truck in a designated area
of their yard. The EPA requires that they hold the runoff water. The
left overs are junk that is not usable for anything in the concrete
business. It is usually referred to as "wash out". If you have a
parking lot or some other use for the material, they will usually sell
it far cheaper than you can even buy #57 stone. You will need your own
dump truck and make an arrangement with the yard to load.

We have sometimes received concrete so fresh we could have finished it.
There is no or very little picking and choosing. Whatever the loader
scoops up is what you get. It may have hardened lumps, etc. It is all
material that breaks fairly easy under track equipment, usually even a
backhoe. It makes a fantastic fill material and even finish road or
parking surface. Even though the cement has turned hard, it will sort
of re powder under the machines and the stuff gets really hard after
some rain and grading. It is not homogenous concrete, but it is a dense
and solid surface.

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jk wrote:
"Michael A. wrote:

Martin Eastburn wrote:

It was only good for them, no one wanted to buy the land under them
and kick them out. Even the beavers in the river built a dam and
didn't phase them.

It's very difficult to phase beavers. ;-)

Yeah, they keep chewing on the phasing sticks, that's why we started
using fiberglass.

Good call. With the higher dielectric constant, they
phase-cancel and disappear.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jk wrote:

Yeah, they keep chewing on the phasing sticks, that's why we started
using fiberglass.

First you have to sort them by frequency, then work on phasing them.
;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:24:09 -0800, Winston
wrote:

jk wrote:
"Michael A. wrote:

Martin Eastburn wrote:

It was only good for them, no one wanted to buy the land under them
and kick them out. Even the beavers in the river built a dam and
didn't phase them.

It's very difficult to phase beavers. ;-)

Yeah, they keep chewing on the phasing sticks, that's why we started
using fiberglass.

Good call. With the higher dielectric constant, they
phase-cancel and disappear.

SAVE THE BEAVERS FROM PHASE-CANCELLING!

or my fave,

Save a tree. Eat a beaver!

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 19 Feb 2012
05:06:26 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? on Sat, 18 Feb 2012
16:08:36 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
?
?Lyndell Thompson wrote:
??
[...]

That's not "frugal" that is "stingy".
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

That's not "frugal" that is "stingy".

He would wear a 20+ year old 'Monkey-Warts' jacket when we had a
sound job outdoors rather than spend $5 on something newer and more
appropriate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 19, 5:37*pm, DanG wrote:
[...]

Though I hadn't thought about usding it to cast those big blocks, it
sure makes sense. Selling it as fill or dry-paving material is sort of
what I expected. I used to rent a house up in Danby-4-corners, VT,
where the big employer is the marble mine. Everything in that town is
paved with marble chips & dust.

I wonder if anyone has sucsessfully used the washout as part of a
concrete mix, after crushing it to sand-sized particles? Or, maybe
it's not tough enough for that.

I'm surprised by the number of responses I got on this. They all more-
or-less agree, but there's clearly some varioatons on the theme. Next
time I'm in the area, I'll drop by the local concrete yard and ask
them what they do.

And haven't you guys heard of the new omniphase beavers? They're self
adjusting and come in impedance-matched pairs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Did know that if you MUST slow down a pour from curing, then
dump in tons of sugar. Learned that from someone who worked
at building Hell err Hartsfield. They had a second story form
for some concourse they were filling when, a few tens of trucks
in, it let loose, spilling concrete down *all* over the ramp.

What followed was organized chaos. Carpenters were fixing the
forms, some trucks were dumping rapidly purchased loads of
sugar, a D8 was churning the mix to keep it from setting, guys
with hoses kept washing down things and loaders were filling
other trucks with the spill for dumping in the back 40.

--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/19/2012 2:29 AM, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

We dont get left overs here where I live ,the concrete supplier has
batching trucks that mix the concrete when they get to the site .
It is mixed as it come out of the chute ,separtate containers for cement
powder , gravel , sand and water .The mix can be adjusted by variaying
the ingredients
The mix is measured by a computer as it is discharged ,you only pay for
exactly what you use.

--
Kevin (Bluey)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Kevin(Bluey)" wrote in message
. au...
On 2/19/2012 2:29 AM, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

We dont get left overs here where I live ,the concrete supplier has
batching trucks that mix the concrete when they get to the site .
It is mixed as it come out of the chute ,separtate containers for cement
powder , gravel , sand and water .The mix can be adjusted by variaying the
ingredients
The mix is measured by a computer as it is discharged ,you only pay for
exactly what you use.

--
Kevin (Bluey)

Where are you Kev - over east?

AFAIK here on the west it's all premixed in the truck.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

faze
[feyz]
[feyz] Show IPA
verb (used with object), fazed, faz·ing.
to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; daunt: The worst insults cannot
faze him.

Of course, beavers are kind of random acting, so it's hard to phase them.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Martin Eastburn wrote:

It was only good for them, no one wanted to buy the land under them
and kick them out. Even the beavers in the river built a dam and
didn't phase them.

It's very difficult to phase beavers. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/20/2012 9:34 PM, Dennis wrote:
wrote in message
. au...
[...]

Katherine, NT .
The concrete supplier has two batching trucks .
We do have a supplier that has bowl trucks , but only get jobs when the
batching trucks are flat out.
The bowl trucks you have to order to the nearest .5 of a cubic metre any
left over is waste unless you have something formed up to use the extra
, you pay for it anyway.

--
Kevin (Bluey)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My abutting neighbor makes precast, prestressed bridge components. His leftover concrete goes directly into my Kubota bucket (about 1/2 yard capacity) and then directly into forms I have had ready and waiting. Have poured many lineal feet of walkways, door stoops etc. Downside is that he uses high strength fast setting concrete, and it takes me about 4-5 minutes to hurry back to my place, pour and finish real quickly. Adding water slows it down but weakens it.

My next project will be precast decorative fence posts.

Ivan Vegvary
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:22:10 +0930, "Kevin(Bluey)"
wrote:
On 2/20/2012 9:34 PM, Dennis wrote:
wrote in message
. au...
[...]

Well, there's your problem! ;-P You're a wide spot in the road with
filling stations, supermarkets, and the junction of Stuart Hwy and
Victoria Hwy... (Nothing wrong with that, of course - they had to put
it somewhere, and that's where the easy paths met.) A quick search
says Population ~10,100.

Consider yourselves lucky you're big enough to keep a concrete yard
and the Batching trucks busy. Most small towns it's mix it yourself.

Just look at all the moving parts and wear items on that Batching
truck, with the rubber conveyor-belting mixing chute and mixing augur
and all the hydraulic motors and dispensing augurs for the
ingredients, and everything has to work... Maintenance Intensive.
I'll betcha they are jury-rigging things during the day as something
fails or wears through, then getting them fixed at least once a week.
We can get a few Batching Trucks in Los Angeles and the far-flung
suburbs, but pre-mix (or "Transit Mixed") is the norm.

Most little batches like that they have a stationary Batching Mixer at
the rental yard, they dispense into a 2-yard two-axle tilt-dump or
mixing (little drum & gas engine) trailer, and you tow it to the job
and dump it yourself.

-- Bruce --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 07:08:26 -0800 (PST), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

My abutting neighbor makes precast, prestressed bridge components. His leftover concrete goes directly into my Kubota bucket (about 1/2 yard capacity) and then directly into forms I have had ready and waiting. Have poured many lineal feet of walkways, door stoops etc. Downside is that he uses high strength fast setting concrete, and it takes me about 4-5 minutes to hurry back to my place, pour and finish real quickly. Adding water slows it down but weakens it.

My next project will be precast decorative fence posts.

Ivan Vegvary

No, his secondary business (in partnership with you) should be making
precast concrete parking bumpers, precast door and window header beams
for block buildings (Pre-stressed and Structurally Rated like the
bridge beams) and decorative fence posts. Or Garden Gnomes and
Birdbaths and Garden Statuary if you have a way to paint them up.

Point being, skip the Kubota bucket step and do them right there at
the mixer. Make up a bunch of molds and pre-make the rebar that goes
inside on welding jigs, and develop the tooling to fill and vibrate
them quickly, and set them off in the corner to cure.

One of his guys can take 5 minutes to fill the little molds with the
leftovers after they fill the big molds they're making for the day.

And make a little powered conveyor belt for the molds that's right at
the output chute of his mixing system. They can stick prepared molds
on one end of the belt, then fill and advance, fill and advance, till
they run out of leftover concrete.

(HINT) Mold the company name into parking bumpers and stepping stones,
and now they're also useful as Promotional Materials...

Oh, and Ivan? Please insert line breaks so we don't have to word wrap.
70-character line break is about right, that allows for nested quotes.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used
for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

Theyput it in a tub or bucket along with the feet of people who ask too many
questions*. When it sets up, they throw them in the ocean.

*Questions like: what happens to leftover concrete?

--
Paul Hovnanian
Bureaucrat, n.: A person who cuts red tape sideways. -- J. McCabe

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:59:17 AM UTC-8, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -

what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I

suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it

doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used

for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

I could use it where can i contact someone for the cement?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:59:17 AM UTC-8, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -

what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I

suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it

doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get used

for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

The remnants ARE kept motile with extra water until they get to a place
where they may dump it. There are companies, *usually* paving or
landmoving firms, that will allow the trucks to "wash out" in a special
pit reserved for that purpose.

The material remaining is called "washout". It's kept stirred and broken
up in the pit, sometimes mixed with soil and/or more gravel, then sold as
a road base material. Except for its being dusty when dry, it's also a
superior driveway material -- strong, resists wear, and will stabilize
soils not conducive to building a driveway from straight asphalt.

A lot of folks will put it down and just keep it watered with a little
calcium chloride, or they'll top (say) 6" of compacted washout with a
thin cap of asphalt paving.

I've got 430 feet of it as a driveway, 8" deep (Sandy clay underneath).
It's a great driveway.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:59:17 AM UTC-8, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water

The usual deal, is that the readymix operator delivers it all, and
the customer can have the 'extra' dumped onto his shoes.

The truck driver knows how hard it is to clean out of the truck,
and usually does NOT have his own dumpsite nearby, so it's the
customer's problem if the forms won't hold the whole order.

Water alone doesn't stop it from hardening. Inside the truck.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:59:17 AM UTC-8, rangerssuck wrote:
I was watching a concrete delivery yesterday and got to wondering -
what happens with the concrete that is left over in the truck? I
suppose they keep the truck turning with some extra water so it
doesn't solidify into a solid block, but then what? Does it get
used for something, or do they just have to find a place to dump it?

The companies around here usually will fill your forms and if there is
any left the driver will do one of two things. Either say something like
1/4 yard 20 minutes or you have 20 minutes, Or they will ask you where
they can wash-out.

The first option basically means you can toss together a form FAST and
pour the rest for a step or similar.
I know the outfits around here normally mix VERY close to order, so you
want to plan ahead.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." fired this volley in news:ln2850$lb$1
@dont-email.me:

The first option basically means you can toss together a form FAST and
pour the rest for a step or similar.
I know the outfits around here normally mix VERY close to order, so you
want to plan ahead.

I just (had) placed and finished a 10yd job which I formed. The guy
ordered the load, and when they finished, they had only "clinkers" in the
barrel. They had ONE 2-gallon bucket-full left.

In that case, it's not worth their going to a washout yard. I told him
to just wash out in a low spot at the entrance to the barn. If I'd told
him "No", he'd have had to haul it back. That's the code here.

Local stuff varies. Some absolutely prohibit washing out on anywhere but
at a disposal site or the mix plant. Some will let them wash out
anywhere nobody cares.

Lloyd