Snow removal with a forklift

Old October 29th 11, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Snow removal with a forklift

I was wondering, what options would I have for snow removal, with a
pneumatic tire forklift similar to this one:

http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15675/photos/564.JPG

(5k Cat propane forklift)

thanks
Old October 30th 11, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:40:08 -0500, Ignoramus22285
wrote:

I was wondering, what options would I have for snow removal, with a
pneumatic tire forklift similar to this one:

http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15675/photos/564.JPG

(5k Cat propane forklift)

thanks

Can't get your link to load.But no matter,forklifts are TERRIBLE in
snow. They don't even do wet grass. Leave the truck inside. A scoop
shovel would be faster.

Now, I bet you can find a great snowblower that only needs a minor
repair for $50.

Karl

Old October 30th 11, 12:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus22285 wrote:
I was wondering, what options would I have for snow removal, with a
pneumatic tire forklift similar to this one:

http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15675/photos/564.JPG

(5k Cat propane forklift)

thanks

Only two real options. Plow mounted on the forks (did this at one shop)
Building your own is easy just find an old P/U plow and make a set of
rails that you can clamp/chain to the forks.

Other option - Hydraulic powered blower. Using either an extra pump OR
since weight isn't a big deal make one up using a small engine and a
high flow pump.

--
Steve W.

Old October 30th 11, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I was wondering, what options would I have for snow removal, with a
pneumatic tire forklift similar to this one:

http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15675/photos/564.JPG

(5k Cat propane forklift)

thanks

Can't get your link to load.But no matter,forklifts are TERRIBLE in
snow. They don't even do wet grass. Leave the truck inside. A scoop
shovel would be faster.

Now, I bet you can find a great snowblower that only needs a minor
repair for $50.

Karl, try this link:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...1/564.JPG.html

This is an outdoor forklift.

Right?

Old October 30th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus22285" wrote in message
I was wondering, what options would I have for snow removal, with a
pneumatic tire forklift similar to this one:

http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15675/photos/564.JPG

(5k Cat propane forklift)

thanks

Fork lift won't work. You need a chicago snow plow complete with
ice scraper on the back side.

http://www.collectconnection.com/images/pd55099.jpg

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Old October 30th 11, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I was wondering, what options would I have for snow removal, with a
pneumatic tire forklift similar to this one:

http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15675/photos/564.JPG

(5k Cat propane forklift)

thanks

Can't get your link to load.But no matter,forklifts are TERRIBLE in
snow. They don't even do wet grass. Leave the truck inside. A scoop
shovel would be faster.

Now, I bet you can find a great snowblower that only needs a minor
repair for $50.

Karl, try this link:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...1/564.JPG.html

This is an outdoor forklift.

Right?

That link works. Your lift is very similar to mine. Your unit will be
worthless in even one inch of snow. If you need a reason the weight
distribution is all wrong. Huge counter weight over the non driving
wheel makes it far worse than those old rear wheel drive pickups.

Karl
Old October 30th 11, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
I was wondering, what options would I have for snow removal, with a
pneumatic tire forklift similar to this one:

* * * * *http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15675/photos/564.JPG

(5k Cat propane forklift)

thanks

Can't get your link to load.But no matter,forklifts are TERRIBLE in
snow. They don't even do wet grass. Leave the truck inside. A scoop
shovel would be faster.

Now, I bet you can find a great snowblower that only needs a minor
repair for $50.

Karl

LOL..this is Ig we are talking about...I would expect $10 and
delivered to his door.

TMT
Old October 30th 11, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I was wondering, what options would I have for snow removal, with a
pneumatic tire forklift similar to this one:

http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15675/photos/564.JPG

(5k Cat propane forklift)

thanks

Can't get your link to load.But no matter,forklifts are TERRIBLE in
snow. They don't even do wet grass. Leave the truck inside. A scoop
shovel would be faster.

Now, I bet you can find a great snowblower that only needs a minor
repair for $50.

Karl, try this link:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...1/564.JPG.html

This is an outdoor forklift.

Right?

This:

http://blog.ringpower.com/post/Manit...Forklifts.aspx

is an outdoor forklift.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Live Faust, die Jung.

Old October 30th 11, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I was wondering, what options would I have for snow removal, with a
pneumatic tire forklift similar to this one:

http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15675/photos/564.JPG

(5k Cat propane forklift)

thanks

Can't get your link to load.But no matter,forklifts are TERRIBLE in
snow. They don't even do wet grass. Leave the truck inside. A scoop
shovel would be faster.

Now, I bet you can find a great snowblower that only needs a minor
repair for $50.

Karl, try this link:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...1/564.JPG.html

This is an outdoor forklift.

Right?

This:

http://blog.ringpower.com/post/Manit...Forklifts.aspx

is an outdoor forklift.

No, that is a rough terrain forklift.

An outdoor forklift with pneumatic tires can operate on gravel, which
is what I have.

snow removal methods [email protected] Metalworking 44 January 31st 11 11:45 PM
Snow-shovel; snow sticks to it: how to make slippery? David Combs Home Repair 27 January 4th 10 08:05 AM
Tanks vs. light infantry of snow removal Larry Jaques Metalworking 0 December 21st 08 03:57 AM
Roof - snow removal BuckK Home Repair 9 September 23rd 08 03:45 PM
Snow Removal on 40 acres [email protected] Home Repair 10 November 12th 06 01:51 AM