Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pig roaster and grill, maybe this is it?

I am still looking for somwething that I can put inside the gutted
compressor trailer. I may have found the perfect thing:

http://www.amazon.com/GrillPro-35050.../dp/B0026FBHW2

I would remove the casters and put this inside the trailer.

My experience suggests that I would be unlikely to be able to make
something equivalent, cheaper.

Comments?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus29044 wrote:

I am still looking for somwething that I can put inside the gutted
compressor trailer. I may have found the perfect thing:

http://www.amazon.com/GrillPro-35050.../dp/B0026FBHW2

I would remove the casters and put this inside the trailer.

My experience suggests that I would be unlikely to be able to make
something equivalent, cheaper.

Comments?

That looks reasonable. You might want to add a couple rear IR gas
burners to the design. If the trailer is notably longer than the roaster
you might want to add an insulated partition and make an ice box in back
with a section for storage of meat, side dishes, etc. and a side that
can hold a couple 5gal drink coolers for lemonade and iced tea.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-17, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus29044 wrote:

I am still looking for somwething that I can put inside the gutted
compressor trailer. I may have found the perfect thing:

http://www.amazon.com/GrillPro-35050.../dp/B0026FBHW2

I would remove the casters and put this inside the trailer.

My experience suggests that I would be unlikely to be able to make
something equivalent, cheaper.

Comments?

That looks reasonable. You might want to add a couple rear IR gas
burners to the design. If the trailer is notably longer than the roaster
you might want to add an insulated partition and make an ice box in back
with a section for storage of meat, side dishes, etc. and a side that
can hold a couple 5gal drink coolers for lemonade and iced tea.

Thanks

I will measure things tomorrow. The trailer does have two side boxes
now that run the entire length of the trailer. This is where ice and
beer will go.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don't you want a covered smoker, to efficiently retain the heat and to
contain/concentrate the smoke for more flavor? I didn't see any mention of
a lid.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames
"Ignoramus29044" wrote in message

I am still looking for somwething that I can put inside the gutted
compressor trailer. I may have found the perfect thing:

http://www.amazon.com/GrillPro-35050.../dp/B0026FBHW2

I would remove the casters and put this inside the trailer.

My experience suggests that I would be unlikely to be able to make
something equivalent, cheaper.

Comments?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carl Ijames wrote:

Don't you want a covered smoker, to efficiently retain the heat and to
contain/concentrate the smoke for more flavor? I didn't see any mention of
a lid.

It's covered when he puts it inside that compressor trailer.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames
"Ignoramus29044" wrote in message

I am still looking for somwething that I can put inside the gutted
compressor trailer. I may have found the perfect thing:

http://www.amazon.com/GrillPro-35050.../dp/B0026FBHW2

I would remove the casters and put this inside the trailer.

My experience suggests that I would be unlikely to be able to make
something equivalent, cheaper.

Comments?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-17, Carl Ijames wrote:
Don't you want a covered smoker, to efficiently retain the heat and to
contain/concentrate the smoke for more flavor? I didn't see any mention of
a lid.

I do want a covered smoker. This compressor has access doors that
essentially do let me make any shape of cover I want (and this was
really the main reason I bought it for $50).

See he

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home.../00-as-Bought/

-----