Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Everyone in the Northeast ok?

Heard you had an earthquake. Didn't feel it
out here in California.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Heard you had an earthquake. Didn't feel it
out here in California.

People in my town, in central NJ, felt it, but I didn't. It must have been
really subtle here.

My son is in Washington, DC, and they felt it pretty strongly.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 23, 2:49*pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
Heard you had an earthquake. *Didn't feel it
out here in California.

Wobbled a bit here in Syracuse NY.

The equip on the manufacturing floor downstairs wobbled enough that
someone pulled the fire alarm.

I was on the 2nd floor (2/2) on a rolling chair- pretty good detector,
I stayed in the same place, floor kept moving.

Shook for a few seconds, stopped, then a few secs more, then done.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Heard you had an earthquake. Didn't feel it
out here in California.

Felt as far north as Toronto and NH, as far south as Jacksonville and as far
west as Madison, WI.

Felt it clearly here in Central NJ as well... Still waiting to hear from my
friend a few miles from the epicenter. 5.9 (to be confirmed) about 60 miles
south of DC.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Heard you had an earthquake. Didn't feel it
out here in California.

Felt as far north as Toronto and NH, as far south as Jacksonville and as far
west as Madison, WI.

Felt it clearly here in Central NJ as well... Still waiting to hear from my
friend a few miles from the epicenter. 5.9 (to be confirmed) about 60 miles
south of DC.

I was on an IM chat with my boss in VA when it hit. He is just a few
miles from the epicenter and he reports no known damage where he is.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The only earthquake I've ever experiences was in Acapulco.

The whole family went down for a few days to celebrate my
folks 25th wedding anniversary.
We had just checked in at the Princess, went up to our rooms and
I was sitting on the john when it started wiggling!
That went on for half a minute...
A LONG half minute, mind you.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/23/2011 3:30 PM, Richard wrote:
The only earthquake I've ever experiences was in Acapulco.

The whole family went down for a few days to celebrate my
folks 25th wedding anniversary.
We had just checked in at the Princess, went up to our rooms and
I was sitting on the john when it started wiggling!
That went on for half a minute...
A LONG half minute, mind you.

OH, that's what they mean when they talk about movements at the dr office...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-08-23, Jim Stewart wrote:
Heard you had an earthquake. Didn't feel it
out here in California.

Yep, we did. Scratch one more thing off my "bucket list".
(I've actually experienced one before, but I slept through it, and woke
up to the cry of "terramoto" (earthquake in Spanish) from the street
vendors outside.) Maybe the springs of the bed kept it from waking me
up. :-)

This one (I'm in Vienna Va) was quite noticeable sitting in the
Lay-Z-Boy and typing on the computer. The vertical waves were
relatively minor -- but easy to feel. The transverse waves started
making things dance and dumping a few things to the floor -- including
my Father's ships' clock, which survived, a can and an outlet strip, and
quite a few books here and there.

One cat totally freaked, and still had not really calmed down
yet. The other is still operating on "Something happened? I didn't
notice it." time. :-)

Shortly afterwards, everyone out in the street, talking to
neighbors and comparing experiences.

Interestingly enough, I'm about two miles from what the
local Television stations picked as the most video-worthy damage, where
the triangular part of the end of a brick building (under the roof end)
fell down and damaged four cars -- totaling at least one. Nobody hurt
there, though there could have been fatalities if anyone had been in one
or two of the cars, or walking on the sidewalk between the cars and the
building.

And there seems to have been damage almost as bad in some areas
of Maryland -- significantly more distant from the epicenter.

There may be more damage showing when the Mobile TV vans are
allowed up the ramps to Culpepper (much closer to the epicenter) where
currently all tractor-trailers are being turned away. In the
meanwhile, they show what they consider the most photogenic damage. :-(

If I were expecting more of these of this magnitude (we've had a
couple of unfeelable aftershocks in the 2.8 range), there are certainly
things which I would do differently.

There are later reports of some minor injuries, but nothing
serious so far -- thank God!

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Felt it clearly here in Central NJ as well... Still waiting to hear from
my
friend a few miles from the epicenter. 5.9 (to be confirmed) about 60
miles south of DC.

It's Gaia taking target practice. :-

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:49:17 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Heard you had an earthquake. Didn't feel it
out here in California.

Here in Allentown Pa I had some pipe fall off my stock rack. I just
thought it was spooks until I heard about the earthquake on the radio.
My CCTV gota good vid of a boat sitting in the alley out back bouncing
around alittle.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rochester, NY. Didn't know there was a quake, till I heard
it later on the news. Some folks felt a small vibration.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Heard you had an earthquake. Didn't feel it
out here in California.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy333 wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:49:17 -0700, Jim Stewart

Heard you had an earthquake. Didn't feel it
out here in California.

Here in Allentown Pa I had some pipe fall off my stock rack. I just
thought it was spooks until I heard about the earthquake on the radio.
My CCTV gota good vid of a boat sitting in the alley out back bouncing
around alittle.

In California, all the news commentators have been essentially laughing
at the easterners who all panicked and stuff.

In California, a 5.8 earthquake might wake people up, but usually they'll
just roll over and go back to sleep. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Do you mean the earthquake, recession, or hurricane? Or the
reign of Hillary! ?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus