Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Removing Morse Taper Chuck Video

33 second video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use such
machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
33 second video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use
such machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

Might mention that those lever action removal tools are a waste of time and
money.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
33 second video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use such
machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

"A public service from Joe AutoDrill". Good on you. But it seems to me
that the crucial bit is how the drift fits in the quill. A camera shot
of the quill opening and how the spindle might need to be rotated would
add a lot.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Might mention that those lever action removal tools are a waste of time
and money.

I've never even heard of such devices... I suppose that's a good thing
based on your comment.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"A public service from Joe AutoDrill". Good on you. But it seems to me
that the crucial bit is how the drift fits in the quill. A camera shot of
the quill opening and how the spindle might need to be rotated would add a
lot.

I thought the same thing when I watched it again today... Maybe I'll do a
short follow-up showing just that step.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:05:20 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

33 second video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use such
machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

i noticed your operator has three hands. Most of us are not so
blessed. I'd suggest a video of how a two hander does it.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
33 second video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use
such machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

"A public service from Joe AutoDrill". Good on you. But it seems to me
that the crucial bit is how the drift fits in the quill. A camera shot of
the quill opening and how the spindle might need to be rotated would add a
lot.

It appears he is using a drift that is the wrong size..

-the proper size will have contact with both sides of the spindle slot as
well as the tooling tang thus providing 3 solid contact points prior to
strikng with the mallet.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

33 second video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use such
machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

i noticed your operator has three hands. Most of us are not so
blessed. I'd suggest a video of how a two hander does it.

Karl

Right, Karl. I do with two hands and an elbow on my Grizzly drill press.
Thumb on one hand holds the drift, fingers hold the drill bit or chuck,
elbow holds the three legged wheel, and the left hand holds the hammer
to whack the drift.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
33 second video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use
such machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

I keep a taper drift welded onto the end of a small homemade slide
hammer.It will only take a half hour and some of the stuff in your scrap box
and will sve you a lot of time. As you can hold the chuck with one hand and
slide the hammer with the other it saves you winding the table up to catch
the chuck when it falls out.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:53:43 +1000, "Grumpy"
wrote:

[...]

I remember seeing commercially made versions of this sort of tool in
various shops. Never bothered to read the inscription so have no idea
who made them (maybe Morse :-) but they were quite common.

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb
(jdslocombatgmail)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

33 second video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use such
machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

Thanks for the public service. One I'd like to see is removing a
chuck from its arbor.

RWL

Removing a Morse Taper Tool - 33 Seconds or Less Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Woodworking 8 March 2nd 11 01:33 AM
Chuck and Morse taper question BobMac Woodturning 20 October 26th 07 11:11 PM
How to attach a Morse Taper Jacobs chuck to a hand drill? davefr Metalworking 2 September 29th 05 04:04 AM
morse taper Allan Adler Metalworking 6 April 30th 04 01:35 AM
2 Morse taper extender to 3 taper, then 1 inch threading die holder Doug Goncz Metalworking 5 October 21st 03 12:00 PM